Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hairy women

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like bearded, hairy, dirty hobos so it wouldn't bother me at all to be honest if a guy stopped shaving.

I personally shave less and less often these days. Leaving aside the fact that I feel a lot of very deep resentment about the time and money I've spent shaving, waxing, sugaring, depilating, plucking etc etc, it just isn't as important to me anymore. I guess it used to be, I remember feeling quite proud the first time I shaved my legs but now it makes me feel really sad. I wish I'd never bothered. My mother never shaved her legs or armpits and the hair is very scant and really soft and fine, not unattractive at all. But once you start the vicious circle of taking a razor blade to it...

It's a total non-issue for me in terms of relationships - any bloke that ran away screaming bloody blue murder at the sight of a hairy armpit wouldn't be someone I'd interested in anyway... and obviously they wouldn't be interested in me either. Win-win, baby :D
    Women shaving 'down there' in my experience is quite often not about what the man wants, but what is more sensitive and therefore pleasurable for her.
    Skive wrote:
    If a man were to grow his facial hair naturally without shaving or trimming it would look pretty disgusting.
    If I grew a beard for a year or two, and then went out on the pull, how lucky do you think I'd get?

no idea, depends if it suited you or not.
    My man has a beard. I rather like it.
    briggi wrote:
    My mother never shaved her legs or armpits
    nor did mine
    budda wrote:
    Women shaving 'down there' in my experience is quite often not about what the man wants, but what is more sensitive and therefore pleasurable for her.
    tbh it doesnt make much difference really. The licky bit doesnt have hair on it anyway.
    I prefer how my body looks and feels when I'm shaved/trimmed etc, having said that it doesn't happen too much because I can't be arsed! The man used to be really icky about my legs being hairy but now it doesn't seem to bother him that much! Strange
    women with hairy armpits is a big no no, i think it's horrible. yes, it's a pain in the arse shaving them every day/every other day but rather that than look like a minger. :p

i see some people (though thankfully it's very rare!!) who will wear sleeveless tops and blatantly show their armpit fur off. i guess i have to admire their 'who gives a fuck' attitude but then i also have to think eww! :sour:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    briggi wrote:
    I like bearded, hairy, dirty hobos so it wouldn't bother me at all to be honest if a guy stopped shaving.

Then I think your in the minority. Keep a beard unkept for a year and it look ridiculous.
    briggi wrote:
    My mother never shaved her legs or armpits and the hair is very scant and really soft and fine, not unattractive at all. But once you start the vicious circle of taking a razor blade to it...

Shaving doesn't make you hair grow back any thicker, afftec it's colour or it's rate of growth. It's a myth.
    My man has a beard. I rather like it.

I'm sure he trims it from time to time though? It's not just a wild beard he's been growing for years.

I wouldn't be digusted by a girl who didn't shave and trim, but I would find her less attractive.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Then I think your in the minority. Keep a beard unkept for a year and it look ridiculous.

I wouldn't be digusted by a girl who didn't shave and trim, but I would find her less attractive.

Maybe to to defense of the women here. The hair of a beard or pubic/armpit hair are different, since the latter two stop growing at some lenght. A beard does not. So you have to trim a beard from time to time if you don't want to step on it after some (very long) time.
    i guess its just another thing that differentiates between men and women. women have lovely smooth silky legs and men are hairy. then if you shave your pubes off you have lovely smooth lips too which are more lickable and soft to touch.

:crazyeyes
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Maybe to to defense of the women here. The hair of a beard or pubic/armpit hair are different, since the latter two stop growing at some lenght. A beard does not. So you have to trim a beard from time to time if you don't want to step on it after some (very long) time.

You could say the same about hairy backs.
    hairy backs dont keep growing long?
    Skive wrote:
    TShaving doesn't make you hair grow back any thicker, afftec it's colour or it's rate of growth. It's a myth.

Well I don't believe that to be true, though I have heard it cited as a myth before... I always tend to believe my own experiences. My regrowth on my legs or armpits or pubic region is very, very different to the hair that my mother has. Hers is soft, fine and barely noticable... it doesn't take a genius IQ to work out that hair blunted by a razor blade and then regrown is going to look and feel very different to untouched body hair. Beards aren't all that easily comparable, no one would single you out as an oddball for having a beard and there is no obligation for a bloke to shave or even trim it if he doesn't wish to. Obviously men who have beards like to groom it so they don't end up with last week's cornflakes lurking in there. Makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes freshly shaven silky smooth legs are nice to have and I don't have any strong desire to see a fully-fledged return to the au naturel status, it's all about personal choice. But to feel somehow henpecked and obligated to do it - as otherwise you are assumed to be some raging, man-hating Brunhilda type - is utter madness. When I think back on how important I used to believe it to be I balk at the memories of the time and money I spent -- and these days I shudder at the thought of how "normal" I would be considered if I were to pay someone to spread hot wax on any of my body parts and then rip my hair out by its roots. I guess someday maybe hair will be back in style; the pendulum does tend to swing back and forth on such matters. In the meantime, I kind of like to consider my hairy legs as probably being something of a good screening method.

Of course everyone should do what is right for themselves. But yeah, welcome to the jungle ;)
    and I can't explain to myself why so many girls have a problem with beards after all. A collegue/friend from university used to have a unobtrusive beard (but not one of this gay ones where you make them shave a lot off, and make it look really artsy if you know what I mean), but was shaved today and looked really 'weird'.
    I think well-groomed, not-too-long facial hair is a real eye-catcher and looks great.
    Here a few googled beards I think make a lot of difference for the appearance of a man, in the good sense.

this might be already a biiiiiiit much, for many girls.
    this is an good example imho.
    here
    and
    definitely that
    (only speaking of the beards tho).

I wouldn't care what girls say. I'd wear a beard (if I could grow one :crying: )
    number 3 looked not bad
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    briggi wrote:
    Well I don't believe that to be true, though I have heard it cited as a myth before... I always tend to believe my own experiences.

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp
    Weekender Offender 
    number 3 looked not bad

yeah, you are the girl for the orignal ruff and rugged man :)
    cheers.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    StrubbleS wrote:
    this might be already a bit much, but still.
    this maybe too.
    You think these beards are too long? :eek2:
    You think these beards are too long? :eek2:

no, sorry... In the first I meant, because it was already a pretty "dense" beard over the cheeks, not too long. It's just ok I think, but a tad too much for many girls.

With the second "this maybe too", I meant, "this picture of an beard is an good example for an beard good looking too."

I will edit it, to make it clearer. I was looking for pictures of good, esthetic examples for beards.
    sophia wrote:
    It doesn't matter how many people will tell me it's a myth...I know from my own personal experience that it isn't. I trust my own knowledge and observation of my body far, far more than I trust any link which reliably informs me it's a myth, and I'm telling you right now; the hair on my body which has been shaved and waxed grows back noticeably darker and coarser than the hair that has been left alone. The hair on my legs, when left unshaven for a long time, looks completely different now to the way it looked before I started shaving it, and no amount of mythbusting links on the internet will persuade me otherwise.

Maybe because the hair have been still blonde and fine at the time you started shaving?

When I started to get hair on my legs with probably 8 years or something, they were really fine invisible hair. With 12 I had dark blonde hair on my legs, longer and coarser and now, yea well... hairy legs.
    Doesn't hair that has been shaved look thicker/whatever because when it's shaved, the blade cuts it at its thickest point, so will look more prominent when it starts to grow? Ignore me if that has already been said, I is jetlagged.
    I've never really noticed tbh. If I go for regular waxing, the hair growth seems a lot thinner and sparse (which is a blessing since I have dark hair :D )
    go_away wrote:
    Doesn't hair that has been shaved look thicker/whatever because when it's shaved, the blade cuts it at its thickest point, so will look more prominent when it starts to grow? Ignore me if that has already been said, I is jetlagged.

:yes: If you don't shave the hair and leave it until all the cut hairs have fallen out and been replaced by new ones then it will be the same as if you'd never shaved

Its silly that so many people believe that the hair will GROW back thicker. How can cutting hair on the surface affect how it grows from the follicle?

ETA: This obviously doesn't apply to plucked hairs, but its thought that plucking weakens the hair follicles so you get less hair eventually. After I wax my hairs grow back after about a month, but it takes a good 2 or 3 months before they look the same as before I waxed. You'll probably notice the hair looks darker or thicker when it starts to grow back because you've had hair free legs for 6 weeks - you're not used to how it looks! Also remember that hairs grow faster and darker (for me anyway) in the winter so it could just be the time of year. And the body changes over time. I doubt you can remember exactly how thick/dark your leg hairs were this time last year! Its hard to compare before and after

Also if hair really did grow back thicker and darker each time then I'd look like an ape by now!
    Plucking definitely leads to less hair growing, as I've been plucking my eyebrows for years and have a sort of bald bit I have to draw in as it hasn't grown back.

:o ha thank goodness for make up.
    Haha gutted, you should get it tattood back on!
    Ok well I guess if your body is doing that then there's nothing anyone can say. I wasn't saying your memory was failing you as such, just that it does seem a bit of a shock when it all grows back after no hair for 6 weeks, and that the hair might look more prominent in contrast to what you've been used to.