Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ovulation test

If I was to take an ovulation test late so to speak, as in the day I'm fertile, would it give a negative result? or still come up that i'd be fertile?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't get ya? I think htose things have a window of about 5 days that they come back showing 'fertile'. One thing to remember is that spermys can survive a few days so if they get in there a few days before you are showing fertile then you can still get knocked up. What is the purpose of your testing, are you trying for or trying to avoid?
  • Options
    trying for :) it says on the pack that a positive result means 'you will probably ovulate within the next 24-48hrs". What i mean is, if you get it a day or two late, and are ovulating at that time, will it be positive or negative?
  • Options
    Im in exactly the same boat with the ovulation tests, and i just read the inside leaflet thing and it says it detects the increase in LH. Just before you ovulate there is a surge in the LH produced, shown on the graph.

On the table it shows when you should start testing based on the length of your cycle. It's only a spike that goes down really quickly so if you've missed the start testing day by more than 5days i would suggest skipping on the ovulation test and just having sex every other day.

Hope this helps

cycle.gif

image195161.jpg
  • Options
    Ive posted this before, but ive heard good things about it when ttc
    http://pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
  • Options
    I've been using - http://www.yourdays.com/ to work out when to do it, along with BBT and TRYING to use ovulation tests. So far though my BBT doesn't seem to be changing drastically.. but when that calendar tells me i'm within a few days of fertile, we do it every other or every day just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    Youre doing pretty much all you can then. Just make sure you lie there to keep the sperm in for at least 20 mins afterwards too (glamourous eh)
    Itll happen in its own time.
    How long have you been trying?
  • Options
    i do tend to lye-down with my hips raised and legs up against the wall or in the air for a while afterwards. scc nice avatar :) *jelous* lol
  • Options
    Im really getting tired of trying and not succeeding :(
  • Options
    hugs to both of you. I was trying for a while before it happened, and i know how frustrating it is when youve been led to believe that all it takes is a bit of unprotected sex. Its much more common for it to take up to a year and it doesnt mean theres any problem - it just has to be the right one!!
  • Options
    i think it makes it more irritating when u see all these young kids walking around with babies moaning about how it ruined their lives, and how they only did it once supposedly :/, not that i've got a prob with young mum's. i'm only 18 myself so i guess it's what people r guna see me as
  • Options
    well i found out a few months back that i have polycystic overies, so i am aware that it will be difficult for me to conceive...but 6months is killing me. I'm hoping the miracle happens this month :)
  • Options
    if its ne consolation i know sum1 who wsa told she may never be able to conceive, she has 2 of the most special lil babies in the world :)
  • Options
    I know i will one day have children...but i feel like my whole life has been leading up to this point and i've always wanted to be a mum more than anything else in the world...now i just feel like ive come to a road block and its a little depressing when you see little kids with babies complaining (as you said)
  • Options
    i know what u mean, every month when i come on my period i get so down, feels like i'm a failure :(
  • Options
    btw how long have you been trying?
  • Options
    been roughly 8-9months so far. was hard for a while though because me and the bf had to move in with his parents for a few months while we bought our own place.
  • Options
    Apparently acupuncture has great success for fertility.
    I dont know if that may be of interest to you?
  • Options
    sounds expensive. how would i go about it?
  • Options
    im not sure. Theres a holistic centre in my area which deals with alternative and complementary therapies such as acupuncture, homeopathy that sort of thing. Maybe theres something in your town too?

may be a little expensive, but then again, so`s having babies. It might be worth enquiring at least. Type in acupuncture and the name of your town into google maybe?
  • Options
    had a quick look but cudnt find nethin..will give it a try once i've hit a year.
  • Options
    Hey Janjan, i though you might find this interesting. As you know ive been doing the ovulation tests and i didnt get anything to indicate i was about to ovulate. Then yesterday i got lower abdomenal pain which i couldnt associate with anything except for ovulating.
  • Options
    cool, i for the first time, manager to get a positive on my ovulation tests, was about 11.30pm and thought i need a wee, so did one when i went and it was actually positive, i was so proud of myself lol. I'm finally getting somewhere, so after having done it that night, and twice the next day, I think i did the best I could. Lower abdominal pain could be inplantation. I've been hoping for inplantation pains but nothing yet! :( lol
  • Options
    lol sounds like we could have almost twin if we both get pregnant :p
  • Options
    oh no, did u see this article about fat and fertility?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007030278,00.html
    no more cake for me!
  • Options
    i've had alot more discharge recently. does this mean nethin gud?
  • Options
    not necessarily janjan. Just wait and do a test, because the amount of months I had symptoms but it was my body playing tricks....
    When are you due to test?
  • Options
    am due on monday, i thew up lots of acidy stuff from my stomach the other day too. that was really random, just shot to my throat out of nowher
  • Options
    I've had some nausea (not throwing up but the feeling), been tired, had hot flashes yesterday....oh and the huge amount of discharge but i didnt think that was anything to do with it.

I hope we're both pregnant and not just wanting it too much and imagining stuff.
  • Options
    that would be cool if you both were at the same time!!

I just wish I could say "dont get your hopes up" and then you wouldnt, but i know it just doesnt work like that.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you both that this is your month :)