Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Un-f%@king-believable

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just been over to the shop for some beer for tonight, and a scratchcard and the woman in the queue in front of me bought a 70cl bottle and a 20cl bottle of scotch. As i was coming out the shop she got into her car and promptly downed the 20cl bottle and fecking drove off :eek:

Was going to call the police, but doubt they'll be interested till she wraps her car round a tree.

Won £50 on the scratchy tohough :D

Comments

• Options
    I thought you couldnt buy booze til after 12.30pm on a Sunday?
  • Options
    No, 10 a.m. i think, or might of been 9 a.m. Was that when i did my B.I.I. though the laws have recently changed.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Glittery wrote:
    I thought you couldnt buy booze til after 12.30pm on a Sunday?

That's the rules in Scotland but don't know how they are in England.

How does the 24 hour licensing stuff work? I don't know.
  • Options
    I see, it's still 12.30pm in Scotland.

Anyway, what you gonna buy with your winnings? :D
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I see, it's still 12.30pm in Scotland.

Anyway, what you gonna buy with your winnings? :D

what kind of stupid rule is that anyway?? That's material for "Falling Down"-esque postal runs, because he can't have his McDonalds breakfast 1 minute after 9:30 or something.
  • Options
    Ummmmmmm, might put it towards my Tussauds Pass. Got leigh one for Christmas, well gave him the money for it, so a years admission to Alton Towers, Chessington and Thorpe Park sounds fun :)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    what kind of stupid rule is that anyway?? That's material for "Falling Down"-esque postal runs, because he can't have his McDonalds breakfast 1 minute after 9:30 or something.
    It's because it is Sunday. The idea was (I think) that you couldn't buy alcohol until you went to church. Scotland used to be a very religious country.

There are lots of Sunday laws though. Sunday Trading Laws in England mean that if you are a certain size shop the you can only open for 6 hours.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's because it is Sunday. The idea was (I think) that you couldn't buy alcohol until you went to church. Scotland used to be a very religious country.

There are lots of Sunday laws though. Sunday Trading Laws in England mean that if you are a certain size shop the you can only open for 6 hours.

Yeah, I think that is realy stupid, just because when we were all Christian is was a Holy day.

Pisses me off when I want something, go out to get it, and remember when I reach the shop - it's fucking Sunday.
  • Options
    Alot of loons about.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, I think that is realy stupid, just because when we were all Christian is was a Holy day.

Pisses me off when I want something, go out to get it, and remember when I reach the shop - it's fucking Sunday.

Stupid or not, it's just the way it is at the moment. The argument has been done to death.

Saying that though, we needed milk and I was able to get some at 7pm this evening as we have a small tesco metro / petrol station that is open. If you need something desperately, you will be able to get it.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

<start of moan>
    I don't think it is bad that the shops shut for the majority of Sunday at all. I think considering that Tesco closes from 10pm to 10am (Sat through to Sun) and 4pm - 8am (Sunday through to Monday) that gives you so much time to do your shopping at any time. I have worked in a supermarket and I personally cannot stand those that moan because they cannot keep shopping at 4pm considering how many hours they open at other times. The same goes for XMas Eve.

Besides this, if you do want something on a Sunday evening there are late stores anyway. So if you can be arsed to go to a supermakrt you should be arsed to go to a late store.
    </end of moan>
  • Options
    wow!