Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Advice required about a girl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

I’m just looking for some impartial advice on the age old ‘I’ve met a gorgeous girl, what do I do next’ question.

So, me and a few friends went out for a meal on Friday night and my friends girlfriend brought her friend. This friend was really friendly and *seemed* to be a bit interested in me (it’s not often I catch girls looking at me as much as she was – I’m not ugly I’m just not used to it). I chatted with her a bit and when she went to the bar with her friend – my friend told me that she’d said I was her type of guy and when she left at the end of the night, he’d also said that they’d asked her if she liked me and she said she did but that I was unlike her previous boyfriends (clean cut I think was the phrase) but I think her friend used this as a reason to say this may be why she was now single!

Anyway, I didn’t get her number but obviously there’s a common link although I did find out where she works.

So, I’m just not sure what to do (as part of me is yelling that my friends were just trying to set us up and there’s probably no interest on her part but they want me to be a bit proactive on the ladies front), I could wait until we all go out for another meal as she said she’d go again and try and strike up conversation at that point (could be a while away though), I could get my friends to pass messages over (although this feels a bit schoolyard to me as I’m a bit past that now) or I could pop into her place of work, say hi and ask her out for a drink or something (which is very doable based on where she works) could that be a bit creepy though? – and anyway I wouldn’t know how long to leave it – what’s too eager – what’s showing too little interest???

I’ve not done the whole asking out thing in a while as I’d been in a relationship for about 8 months and broke up about 2 months ago – and that one started so differently.

Aaaargh – why’s it so difficult!? Wouldn’t be worth it I guess – and she is gorgeous and friendly and funny etc!

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated – as I’m not going to sit back and let this one go if I can help it!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ask your mate for her number?

Then say 'hi it's xxx from when we went out, last time was fun wondering if u wanted go for a drink tonight? tb plz =)' :p. Then she's not under any obligation, she can leave it and not text you back, or she could meet up.

One piece of advice though. If you like a girl, and she hasn't made it crystal clear she's not interested, then its better to dive in the deep end usually and just ask them out. At least you'll know one way or the other.

Good luck :)
    ShyBoy wrote:
    One piece of advice though. If you like a girl, and she hasn't made it crystal clear she's not interested, then its better to dive in the deep end usually and just ask them out. At least you'll know one way or the other.

Sound advice. That way you'll avoid all the illusions ... that is if you really like her. :) I think going to her workplace is a bit too much, you're right about it being a bit creepy.

Now go get her :hyper:
    Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah does make sense to get my friend to ask his girlfriend for her friends number ;) hehe

I mentioned the workplace as she works in a supermarket not 5 mins walk from where I live - which is why it's very doable and I could so easily string together some excuse for seeing her there and not seem too wierd (and she told me that she worked there - I didn't pry that from my friends, wierder still is that I occasionally go there and haven't seen her there before!)

Anyway, anymore advice won't go amiss - I'm one of the great procrastinators unfortunately but nonetheless there's nothing I could do tonight anyway.

Cheers

ShyBoy wrote:
    ask your mate for her number?

Then say 'hi it's xxx from when we went out, last time was fun wondering if u wanted go for a drink tonight? tb plz =)'

Hmm...its probably just me but when people put text back (which i am assuming is what you mean by tb, if not then :blush: ) on the end of a text I always think its a bit cheeky and it puts me off texting back.

I think its a good idea to maybe get her number but if you arent feeling confident enough for that yet then why not arrange another night out with you friend and ask if his girlfriend will invite the girl you like. You can get to know her a bit more and ask for her number yourself.
    RaggyDoll wrote:
    Hmm...its probably just me but when people put text back (which i am assuming is what you mean by tb, if not then :blush: ) on the end of a text I always think its a bit cheeky and it puts me off texting back.

Ditto
    I think its a good idea to maybe get her number but if you arent feeling confident enough for that yet then why not arrange another night out with you friend and ask if his girlfriend will invite the girl you like. You can get to know her a bit more and ask for her number yourself.

Agreed.

I think if you were to go to her workplace it may come across as creepy and it might put her off even thinking about meeting up with you again.
    Thanks a lot for the replies - advice noted!

I'm either going to wait for the next 'meal night' (should be one in the next few weeks) or decide to enquire with my friend about getting her number should she wish to dispense with it.

Workplace is a no no - which does make a bit of an issue since I do occasionally need to shop there lol but I'll make sure I stay away for the time being.

:)

_79_ wrote:
    Thanks a lot for the replies - advice noted!

I'm either going to wait for the next 'meal night' (should be one in the next few weeks) or decide to enquire with my friend about getting her number should she wish to dispense with it.

Workplace is a no no - which does make a bit of an issue since I do occasionally need to shop there lol but I'll make sure I stay away for the time being.

:)

If you bump into her then by all means feel free to talk to her :), don't *not* shop there, take it easy :cool:
    Just wanted to provide an update - got her number via my friends; asked her if she'd like to go for a drink or lunch sometime; she suggested lunch tomorrow

:yippe:

Nice one! :D Good luck!!
    Nice man, legt us know how you get on ;)
    Lunch today went great - spent hours talking and having fun - going to be meeting up again next week :D

Thanks for all the advice again guys :thumb: