Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm an idiot

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I tripped over the stairs earlier and my coke went flying. I'm talking a metre by metre spillage all over the cream carpet. I've scrubbed it to death and as yet, it's not fading.

I then went downstairs to get another drink, and tripped over the rug and very nearly spilt my drink all over the carpet downstairs as well. Then i walked into a wall and a picture fell off and smashed.

Is everyone as clumsy as me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote:
    I tripped over the stairs earlier and my coke went flying. I'm talking a metre by metre spillage all over the cream carpet. I've scrubbed it to death and as yet, it's not fading.

I then went downstairs to get another drink, and tripped over the rug and very nearly spilt my drink all over the carpet downstairs as well. Then i walked into a wall and a picture fell off and smashed.

Haaa Nearly cokes been flying in My house too.

Pour some wine on the carpet, that works dos'ent it??
  • Options
    I've had bad days....

Have you tried loads and loads and loads of water on the coke to help lift it out, and lots of washing up liquid/washing powder.
  • Options
    I'm forever walking/bumping into things. I'm surprised I'm not covered in more bruises.
  • Options
    I was thinking the other type of coke when I first read it. A metre by metre spillage? You must be rich.
  • Options
    I was thinking the other type of coke when I first read it. A metre by metre spillage? You must be rich.

Lol no. Now i've scrubbed it it's more like 3 by 1.
  • Options
    CILLIT BANG!!!!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Lol no. Now i've scrubbed it it's more like 3 by 1.
    Hmm, well I heard you get red wine out by pouring white wine on it. Maybe you get coke out by pouring diet coke on it?
  • Options
    Hmm, well I heard you get red wine out by pouring white wine on it. Maybe you get coke out by pouring diet coke on it?

It was diet coke :(
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Go in to a hardware store (maybe even a supermarket) and buy some stuff called Elbow Grease - spray on stain, leave for 10 mins then scrub it off with warm water :)

I swear by it :D

Elbow_Grease_All_Purpose_Degreaser__6377159.jpg
  • Options
    CILLIT BANG!!!!
    Is that an order?
  • Options
    my dad tripped over my cat and fell down the stairs once. Don't really know what thats got to do with your story but that seemed an event in the clumsy nature.
  • Options
    I walked into the door knocked over a plant a clothes rail and a pile of cds when i got in last night but i was very drunk.I also left a turkey and stuffing bap on the sofa that my mum sat on at 6am :D
    does drunk clumsy count?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Is that an order?
    :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm forever walking/bumping into things. I'm surprised I'm not covered in more bruises.

Same.

I rarely spill stuff though, I am good at saving a drink.

I did get coke all over my monitor stacking it out of hte chair once. That sucked, took AGEEESSS to get that off.
  • Options
    When I got black nail varnish (yes black) all over my mums new beige carpet the only thing that would get it out, even after i'd used all those stain remover things and gadgets was stardrops! i dont even know who suggested it to me but it worked like a treat. :]
  • Options
    well I live in a penthouse and in my room there is the droop (of the roof, if that's the right vocab).

Because I lost a bet I had to dye my hair black. When there was still the dye in it, I stood up from my computer and bumped my head on the droop and made a black stain there, which is still a bi visible.

Had to walk barefoot to school too, but that's another story.

I'm bumping regularly into things as well, but I nearly don't feel it anymore, when I bump the side of my elbow at the corner of some cupboard or something.

If there is a door in your house with 1,5 cm space between the lower end of the door and the floor, try to open this door quickly and get your little toe razored.
    It's godlike when the pain wears off.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I would probably use some vanish stain remover or either a bicarbonate of soda or vinegar and water solution.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Thing yourself lucky, I know a girl that did that many years ago except back then the bottles were made from glass, she lost the sight in one eye.
  • Options
    Vanish carpet stain remover works a treat. It got both red wine stains and spag bol stains out of my cream carpet.
  • Options
    yes, that happened to me yesterday. I was in my room, had a bottle of coke in front of me and ready to start an all-nighter of Oblivion :heart:! Before, when I had my friend over, i managed to spill that bottle all over the desk. It took ages before I had wiped off the desk, my laptop (thank God it's ok) and my stuff. Then, when he left, I sat down and started playing, blissfully unaware of the next event... lights off, pitch black and I try to reach for my laptop. I couldn't see the half-full bottle and there it went... I had managed to spill the same bottle twice, thus emptying it without even having a sip. AARGH! :mad:
  • Options
    Well i used lots of water and stain remover stuff and now it's dried. It's faded, but not only has the coke stained, it appears the water has too :grump:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Well i used lots of water and stain remover stuff and now it's dried. It's faded, but not only has the coke stained, it appears the water has too :grump:

Yes tap water stains, best way to soak up a stain is with towel and compress it on to the carpet to absorb the liquid not rub it.
  • Options
    Yes tap water stains, best way to soak up a stain is with towel and compress it on to the carpet to absorb the liquid not rub it.

Oh great i rubbed it to death.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Oh great i rubbed it to death.

Yeah rubbing just drives inthe water deeper into the carpet.

I spilt an entire huge glass of water on my own carpet the other day, but really lucky I just bought a sheet of microfibre cloth from the £1 store which is like a thin towel and just folded it twice and put it over the area the water dropped and then compressed it over you can even stand on it and take the pressure off slowly and it draws all the water upwards like a sponge.

Sometimes you don't even have to press down the water just is drawn into the cloth or towel. Osmosis, learnt it at school .. finally a use for something we learnt at school.

You can probably stil put a towl over it and a heavy book and itmay help. I'd use a white towel though cos a coloured towel may send ink the other way and make the carpet more stained, depends on the age of the towel and how many times it's been washed, but You can try a whiite / light coloured towel and heavy book and just leave it there.
  • Options
    try going to a party but getting the place wrong and walking into someones house and standing asking for directions before realising you were infact in someones hall way.

or perhaps driving down a dual carriageway the wrong way? or missing half of an exam because you didn't turn the paper over? or thinking there was a leak in the roof of a kfc but infact it was just some spilt coke that was fizzing and i thought it was drops of water falling in it..:(
  • Options
    try going to a party but getting the place wrong and walking into someones house and standing asking for directions before realising you were infact in someones hall way.

or perhaps driving down a dual carriageway the wrong way? or missing half of an exam because you didn't turn the paper over? or thinking there was a leak in the roof of a kfc but infact it was just some spilt coke that was fizzing and i thought it was drops of water falling in it..:(

Lol you win, i've never been that daft :p
  • Options
    i even said to the girl behind the counter i think there's a hole in your roof. oops!

well mine is more silliness than being clumsy i guess.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Same.

I rarely spill stuff though, I am good at saving a drink.

I did get coke all over my monitor stacking it out of hte chair once. That sucked, took AGEEESSS to get that off.

I'm good at saving drinks as well. Dropped many an empty glass but never full ones. I broke three in a about a month once. :blush: I had to buy some more because my mums was so pissed off at me.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yes tap water stains
    :eek:
    How? Isn't it water, and therefore supposed to be clear? I hope you don't drink that stuff!
  • Options
    Hows this for cutting edge stupidity?

The other day I put an advert on the net along the lines of - looking for a flatshare/flatmate, young professional, relaxed, likes a drink, tidy etc

Get into work today and I'm looking at net, see an advert - some bloke looking for a flatshare/flatmated, relaxed etc, I think "Oooh, sounds sound, I'll pop him an email"

Wasn't till after I read the email that I realised I was replying to my own advert :o Even when I got the email I thought to myself for a split second "Fucking hell, that guy's got the same name as me"

:(