Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

10 hours solid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I just worked on my essay... including reading sources (because the library didn't have te books I had to order them and they've just come), draughting it out and I've oly done 600 out of 2500 words... Now I'm too awake to sleep.

Anybody else ever do this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to follow a policy of getting everything ready, then doing some base then writing it in one burst, I could do about 700 words an hour. Then editing and re-writing the next day.

But that is not a policy I would recommend.
    During a levels I did my ICT report on systems analysis / databases in 12 hours straight, working from 6pm to 6am, I think. It had images in it, so that beefed it up, but lots of it was annotation.

Managed to do (I think) 48 pages. I got an A :cool:
    Not that extreme. I might have done 8 hours, which was spent working on this Chemistry assignment. I did it all in one day. Every bit. And I aced it. :thumb:

But I felt like shit... wasn't worth it. But it's always like this for me in the few intensive weeks at the end of the term... I predict even more imminent work :nervous:
    Yeah, I've done it plenty of times. Worst night was when my blessed cleaner thought she'd be helpful and come into my room and take my recycling bin. Not something she has ever ever done. Unfortunately it had my design project in. That was 36 hours almost non stop working to replace that, with about 6 hours sleep.
    Yeah, I've done it plenty of times. Worst night was when my blessed cleaner thought she'd be helpful and come into my room and take my recycling bin. Not something she has ever ever done. Unfortunately it had my design project in. That was 36 hours almost non stop working to replace that, with about 6 hours sleep.
    Ouch!

I'm all ready for another all nighter, but people have invited me out.

Damn

Fuck

Fuck

:mad:

*Can't wait for the end of the month when she can finally take a break*
    Yeah, it hurt.

Although the night out that followed it as a kind of celebration was good.
    well it's 600 more words than you'd done before! and it doesn't sound like you slacked off so it was a good day spent. :)
    What I tend to do is get the books, look at the essay and go to the index for relevant information then just incorporate it. I can write a 2,000 word essay in about 5 hours this way.