Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are your boyfriends any good at cooking?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He makes good cheese on toast. That's the important thing.
    I think I've cooked for one of my exes about once.

Then I did that classic bloke thing of going on about it for ages and thinking it was a really big effort, even though she always did 99.999% of the rest of the cooking and other jobs when she stayed with me :o
    No one ever cooks for me, and the one time an ex did it looked so vile that i physically couldn't even look at it, let alone eat it. Even the chips he made were disgusting.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    He's an alright cook. However, I enjoy cooking so prefer to do it most of the time. However, I am quite partial to a night off every so often :p
    Actually, I have to say my partner can cook meals when he can be bothered. He makes really nice roast chicken, nice fry up, spag bol and that so can't complain. Things like cooking rice to perfection is left up to me though!
    Anyone who can't make a decent fry shouldn't be allowed to date until they've learned, tbh.
    kangoo wrote:
    No but he makes a mean cup of tea :D And sometimes it arrives without me having to ask. Bliss :heart:

haha mines the same.
    we basically have the same sorta stuff all the time it gets a bit borin lol never mind :p
    My bf microwaves everything! That's when he has any food in the house...I looked in his fridge the other day and all he had was some philadelphia (mine!), 3 cans of lager, half a bottle of cava (mine, crappy xmas present from work) and 3 eggs. Yum :rolleyes:

He can however, make THE BEST bacon, egg and mushroom sandwiches, so he's forgiven :D
    One of the things I miss about my ex is his cooking.

He was middle eastern and after being with him for 3 years he got me to try foods I never would have before and really changed my eating habits.

He never really let me cook but would come round mine and make these amazing meals, or in the summer we'd go out for BBQs and take all our own stuff like marinaded meat, salads etc.
    I dont any ex has ever cooked for me. I cant cook very well either, my diet is always appaling when my parents go on holiday and leave me to fend for myself.
    alasia wrote:

He can however, make THE BEST bacon, egg and mushroom sandwiches, so he's forgiven :D

that sounds delicious. i love sandwiches. :yum::yum::yum:
    If I was My girlfriend, though I don't have a girlfriend, though I could'nt say that cos I'm His girlfriend, though I'm not, I'd say He's O.K.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a cracking chef, another redeemable feature :D
    My boyfriend can't really cook either. I think he hopes i'll end up doing it all - fat chance.
    My boyfriend is an excellent cook! I am lucky to have sampled some very yummy food! I really like the fact he cooks for me when I am over, it's much better than what I can do. I can probably do a lot better if I tried, but why when I have such a good cook for a boyfriend haha. Even though he puts too much onions and spices in everything :p

xxx
    He can cook a lot more now he's been going out with me than before, but he's always willing to learn and always helps in the kitchen if I'm cooking. It does take him a long time to do it himself though.
    that sounds delicious. i love sandwiches. :yum::yum::yum:

It is, trust me. My mouth's watering just thinking of it!
    Mine didn't know how to boil pasta. He had 2 pans, both of which hadnt been used, and generally grilled sausages and chucked stuff in the oven... chicken kiev sandwiches were a favourite!
    Now he can cook pasta and knows the basics, and has been known to cook for me but only if i'm there to supervise. He just lacks confidence more than anything.
    What he does make is yummy though!
    I'm being made mexican tonight :yum:
    I can cook well, mainly oriental stuff but i can follow a recipe and do it well.

At least i'd like to believe so having grown up in a restaurant most of my life.
    When we met, his cooking skills extended to stir fry (with ready cooked noodles and sauce) or freezer food.

He's considerably better now, but does require guidance occasionally - and has been known to present the grill pan to me in the lounge, whilst asking 'does that look done?'!

We tend to take it in turns to cook - although i'm better, i'm also quite lazy, so i put up with worse food in order to stay on the sofa :D

I'm a bit worried though - i've told him that he has to make me dinner this Valentine's day, and last year I cooked him moules mariniere, a 5 hour roast leg of lamb and chocolate pots with orange polenta biscuits. I'm hoping for great things, but expecting take-away pizza...
    Mine used to be a secondary chef in a pub... so he's not too bad, apparently. Not bad for 16 though I guess. he's yet to cook me a meal though.. I think I might drop a few hints.. hehe
    My boyfriend is a very good cook. We do a lot of cooking together as well, which I really enjoy and is always very :yum:
    briggi wrote:
    he is half Swedish, half-Sicilian.

What does that mean, lots of meatballs? :lol:
    Miffy wrote:
    What does that mean, lots of meatballs? :lol:

:D

Haha yes, köttbullar for tea tonight! He does make a mean veggie meatball I must confess. Slightly stranger are the biscuits - one of the ingredients being a sirloin steak.