Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dvd Copying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know the name of a program which lets you copy original dvd ?? I Had one but i cannot remember the name of it!!:wave:

Comments

• Options
    DVD Decrypter, Clone DVD etc..
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    DVD Shrink is quite good too.
  • Options
    DVD Shrink is the bollocks, accept no substitute!!
  • Options
    DVD Shrink, but DVD Ghost running in the background tends to help DVD Shrink with the odd DVD it struggles to get round the encryption on.
  • Options
    holliepop27 Warning
    Does anyone know the name of a program which lets you copy original dvd ?? I Had one but i cannot remember the name of it!!:wave:

dvd decrypter and then dvdshrink has always worked for me.
  • Options
    How does one go about, if they have a DVD+RW (and ram and some other formats) drive, taking a typical video file (say mpeg) and putting it on a DVD that will work in a DVD player? Or is it a bit tricky? Cheers :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:
    How does one go about, if they have a DVD+RW (and ram and some other formats) drive, taking a typical video file (say mpeg) and putting it on a DVD that will work in a DVD player? Or is it a bit tricky? Cheers :)

You just convert mpeg file to dvd format (Use Nero or Other Software Like Sony MyDVD) and then burn to what media you like like dvd-rw
  • Options
    kssl_home wrote:
    You just convert mpeg file to dvd format (Use Nero or Other Software Like Sony MyDVD) and then burn to what media you like like dvd-rw

Do these all work in DVD players though?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:
    Do these all work in DVD players though?

In about 90% of players these days, the old ones don't.

After you convert from AVI or whatever to DVD you are left with a folder containing Audio_TS and Video_TS.

This folder needs to be converted to ISO (FOLDER2ISO works well) and then burned to DVD.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:

After you convert from AVI or whatever to DVD you are left with a folder containing Audio_TS and Video_TS.

This folder needs to be converted to ISO (FOLDER2ISO works well) and then burned to DVD.

This is what I'm trying to do, but I'm really struggling... think i'm going to have to have a play with it.
  • Options
    Pc

and also if you are not happy with your purchase all your funds are still in my paypal so you can just claim x It will be with you shortly x
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nash wrote:

Once you have the directory, isn't it enough to just burn it on a disc? Every burning program burns in ISO, afaik.
  • Options
    You can use nero startsmart - hover over photo and video and scroll untill you find Burn Dvd-Video Files. Click on it. Then add your audio_ts and video_ts folders by dragging and dropping where it says the folders on the left. This is very simple unless you don't have nero.
  • Options
    Once you have the directory, isn't it enough to just burn it on a disc? Every burning program burns in ISO, afaik.

I know some don't and then when you go to play fook all happens.

So I'd rather just do an extra step manually and make sure all is going to be well!

Nikki* If you are struggeling, then what I use is a program called 'Folder2ISO' which you can download if you search in google etc.

Then all you need to do is select the Folder that contains Audio_TS & Vidio_TS, then select an output directory (where you want the ISO to be located on your harddrive).

Once that's complete you can use a program of your choice to burn the DVD. I use 'DVD Decrypter' - I believe some sites say this is unavailable for download recently, although if you search for afew minutes you will come across it.
  • Options
    and also if you are not happy with your purchase all your funds are still in my paypal so you can just claim x It will be with you shortly x

Could you pm with the tracking number. I will cancel claim if received by 21th January.
  • Options
    Yo KSSL / holliepop27 please continue this correspondence in email or if needs be PM because its not relevant to the thread and/or appropriate to the forum.

• Options
    Holliepop27 could you enable your pm so I can pm you.
    Sorry everyone for talking off topic.

Heres something on topic: Here's a guide to using folder2iso with dvd decrypter.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_dvd_decrypter.cfm
  • Options
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html - it will remove the copy protection from a DVD, it's alot easier to use than DVD Decrypter.

AnyDVD + CloneDVD = win
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html - it will remove the copy protection from a DVD, it's alot easier to use than DVD Decrypter.

AnyDVD + CloneDVD = win

The only thing wrong with that is that it is not free.
  • Options
    So basically, got an mpeg on my computer, convert it to dvd, and burn it. What about the start menu like 'play, options' etc.

Sorry for sounding a bit dim, was going to burn star trek onto DVD (yes im a geek :p) so I could watch it on the tv.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:
    So basically, got an mpeg on my computer, convert it to dvd, and burn it. What about the start menu like 'play, options' etc.

Sorry for sounding a bit dim, was going to burn star trek onto DVD (yes im a geek :p) so I could watch it on the tv.

Almost correct depending on what software you use, because as I say sometimes you will be left with a Folder containing audio and video (usually audio is empty but don't worry) that needs converting to ISO so your DVD Player can play it. This Is where I use the software Folder2ISO.

As has been mentioned it's a good idea to read through the Afterdawn Forums, as there's tons of information there to read through, containing things like Menus etc etc that you can add!
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Almost correct depending on what software you use, because as I say sometimes you will be left with a Folder containing audio and video (usually audio is empty but don't worry) that needs converting to ISO so your DVD Player can play it. This Is where I use the software Folder2ISO.

As has been mentioned it's a good idea to read through the Afterdawn Forums, as there's tons of information there to read through, containing things like Menus etc etc that you can add!

Ooh, maybe I could fit several films on one DVD then!

Thanks Nash, will check the forums out :)
  • Options
    kssl_home wrote:
    The only thing wrong with that is that it is not free.

Then download it, your pirating a movie, might as well get some pirated software while your at it.
  • Options
    ive always used a combination of any dvd and clone dvd. any dvd cracks the copy protection as soon as the the disk is inserted into the drive, clone dvd then compresses/writes the files. piece of piss.