Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

KEt dosages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ehh, long time no posting fellas!

just been offered ket for £50 a gram, sounds a bit overly expensive as i cant see a gram being that much but then again i've never bought before, so can i have some opinions?

Comments

• Options
    i've only ever had it for free but that sounds a lot! i would have thought £20-30... but no idea tbh.
  • Options
    20 quid for a gram is standard, sometimes 15 if you know someone nice. I wouldn't pay 50 in a million years! There are less people who sell ket than other things, but you should be able to find it around for less.

If you do decide to buy it, at least get him to weigh it in front of you... I'd hate to pay that much for less than a gram!
  • Options
    yeh i thought 50/g sounded a wee bit over the top. its probably due to availability.
  • Options
    I see u in northern irelamd,. i was paying £40/45 a gram so i say /////// if its ketamime snap it up/

yeas i am pretty messd up to s large extent., gmn
  • Options
    If its pure and you have no tolerance £50 of ket will be better value than £50 gram of cocaine.

Obviously take care though and start very small, ket is not something to go overboard on.
  • Options
    Personally, absolutely no way I would pay more than £20 a gram but as people have said, if that's all you can get and you're desperate...!

Ket is a very, very nice drug, be careful don't spiral under it's influences!
  • Options
    Personally, absolutely no way I would pay more than £20 a gram but as people have said, if that's all you can get and you're desperate...!

Ket is a very, very nice drug, be careful don't spiral under it's influences!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    The key is to start small.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    As stated by others about £20 a gram is normal, £15 from some people, buying ket at £50 is just :eek:
  • Options
    buying ket at £50 is just :eek:

You say that, but people pay that much for coke which doesn't go as far as ket and IMO is crap.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You say that, but people pay that much for coke which doesn't go as far as ket and IMO is crap.

I've never done Ketamine but I know people who have and apparantly you can get alot more wasted from a gram of special K than a gram of Charlie (obviously in a completely different way). £40/£50 for a gram of Cocaine is fucking stupid compared to how many pills you can get for a tenner, it's just it's what people are used to paying so they'll pay it because they like the drug. People aren't used to paying such high prices for Ketamine so they are going to kick off about it, even if it is better value than what they are paying for their coke.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I've never done Ketamine but I know people who have and apparantly you can get alot more wasted from a gram of special K than a gram of Charlie (obviously in a completely different way). £40/£50 for a gram of Cocaine is fucking stupid compared to how many pills you can get for a tenner, it's just it's what people are used to paying so they'll pay it because they like the drug. People aren't used to paying such high prices for Ketamine so they are going to kick off about it, even if it is better value than what they are paying for their coke.

IMO when people say you get better value for money from pills / ket etc than coke because they get you mashed - it really depends on what your looking for. Most people I know arent looking to get 'wasted' from coke, more of a rush / pick me up / confidence boost for the night. So if that is what your looking for its not expensive - because nothing else will give you that. I know thats why I do it, and the reason you get wasted is because you constantly top up all night, and if your drinking too - kinder loose the ability to control whether you've done/doing too much - hence how it can get expensive, and i imagine addictive.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote:
    IMO when people say you get better value for money from pills / ket etc than coke because they get you mashed - it really depends on what your looking for. Most people I know arent looking to get 'wasted' from coke, more of a rush / pick me up / confidence boost for the night. So if that is what your looking for its not expensive - because nothing else will give you that. I know thats why I do it, and the reason you get wasted is because you constantly top up all night, and if your drinking too - kinder loose the ability to control whether you've done/doing too much - hence how it can get expensive, and i imagine addictive.

Oh I totally agree mate. I've been saying that in these boards since I joined (read my 'People that knock Cocaine' thread). I use to be a big time Cocaine user and I used to snort a line or 2 before and after work occaisionally, sometimes even before college and I always had at least a gram on me for when I went down the pub. I've been saying exactly that, Pills are for if you want to get fucked off your face, Cocaine is for a pick me up, confidence boost, nice happy buzz and people that complain that it doesn't get you fucked enough don't know how to use it properly.
    I completely agree with what you're saying but it is still rediculously over-priced when you can get other drugs so much cheaper, if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Oh I totally agree mate. I've been saying that in these boards since I joined (read my 'People that knock Cocaine' thread). I use to be a big time Cocaine user and I used to snort a line or 2 before and after work occaisionally, sometimes even before college and I always had at least a gram on me for when I went down the pub. I've been saying exactly that, Pills are for if you want to get fucked off your face, Cocaine is for a pick me up, confidence boost, nice happy buzz and people that complain that it doesn't get you fucked enough don't know how to use it properly.
    I completely agree with what you're saying but it is still rediculously over-priced when you can get other drugs so much cheaper, if you know what I mean.

Yeh do know what ya mean, ie. if pills are the drug of choice then you'll be considerable less skint than a coke user lol - and can i have many more nights on your drug of choice for the same amount of pound notes!
  • Options
    Yep, and I mean I used to love my Coke. I snorted way too much of the stuff, had a bit of a problem with it which resulted in a serious lack of cash and a lack of trust from loved one's.
    That's why I don't snort as much as I used to and stick to taking pills most nights.
    Do love a bit of coke every now and then though. :thumb:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

I'm not disputing the fact that ket will go a lot longer and get you a lot lot more battered than a gram of coke, but point is that that £50 is one and a half times above what the going rate is.
  • Options
    I'm not disputing the fact that ket will go a lot longer and get you a lot lot more battered than a gram of coke, but point is that that £50 is one and a half times above what the going rate is.

The 'going rate' is different where ever you go.

And if you've never done it before, want to try it and can't get it any cheaper than a score, then a score IS the 'going rate'.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ket isn't really around, it was £45 a gram the last time it was about so in these parts it's not uncommon for that price, same as a gram of coke really.
  • Options
    theres fuck all ketamine in NI, i paid either 30 or 35 for a gram and wasnt overly fussed

50 quids fuck all really if you throw in a few quid between your mates, and if its good gear i can assure you you'll all be pretty fucked .. i dont think id pay 50 now but i would have to try it the first time.. tho id snap it up in no time if it was 6am and i needed more drugs
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Ket isn't really around, it was £45 a gram the last time it was about so in these parts it's not uncommon for that price, same as a gram of coke really.
    I heard there are a lot of vet surgery robberies over there... is that just rubbish, or do they bring it all over here?!
  • Options
    ive heard nothing of the sort :chin:
  • Options
    My mate paid 35squid for it last month, I think he got a gram..

50 for anything unless it's for a monumental quantity seems steep.

Ah, K...you are tempestuous.
  • Options
    I've never 'started small' when it comes to drugs. I learnt from a bunch of mates who are animals when it comes to drugs - think I've inherited it.

Anyway, K is fucking mint, but I agree with everyone saying £50 is waaay expensive. Last time I had K, I think I paid about £25 a gram.
  • Options
    we get ours in the pure form. think its the pure form. u only need the teeniest amount up ur nose rather than lines.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    we get ours in the pure form. think its the pure form. u only need the teeniest amount up ur nose rather than lines.

I do the skinniest of lines, but even then it still gets you absolutely fuuuucked. So much so I phoned people and couldn't string two sentences together. I phoned so many folk..I phoned a hospital! Wtf. I did do two pills as well so I was royally muntered too, haha.

I don't think I'd do it when out cause it IS after all a tranquiliser, I'd only do it when I'm in someone's house or owt as I can't move half the time, ha.

When I'm out out I'm all about me Jack and Jills. God love them wee fellas.. :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I do the skinniest of lines, but even then it still gets you absolutely fuuuucked.
    no... i've had ur normal ket where u can do keys or lines... but the stuff we get is straight from the doctors if you catch my drift. it looks like crystals. u just get a little pinch of it and the stuff sticks to your fingers.

im not keen on the stuff really. i think its just popular at the moment coz of all the hype. i just do it coz its there
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    no... i've had ur normal ket where u can do keys or lines... but the stuff we get is straight from the doctors if you catch my drift. it looks like crystals. u just get a little pinch of it and the stuff sticks to your fingers.

im not keen on the stuff really. i think its just popular at the moment coz of all the hype. i just do it coz its there
    When it's dissolved in water (which is the way it comes from a doctor, in a vial) it can be cooked in the microwave until all the water has evaporated. That leaves a white, crystalline powder (somewhere between cocaine and sugar). That's the way it always looks when the water is evaporated off.

You can crush the crystals down using a credit card or the back of a note, leaving a more powdery appearance. It goes up easier when it's smoother like that.
  • Options
    why thank you mr chemistry ;) xx
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

LOL - aye... basically, you take the liquid form and "steam" it until powder (i.e a plate over a pan of simmering water).

Ket is FAR stronger (and IMO better) than coke - which is just not with the money. Coke is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over-rated. Pretty much anything that somes in a sealed bottle (usually a small one) is wicked potency, and we usually buy a bottle for £30, which will yield maybe 2-3g of powder.

If you're buying elsewhere, expect to pay more, but anything above £30/gram is over the odds, and I live in London, not the sticks... so I am used to paying inflated prices.

Onto the dosages - Ket is 100% a drug where less is more. It's neither an upper or a downer (although I get more loved up from a small amount nowadays than I do from pills), but more of a sideways! Small bumps are the way forward. Taking more won't give you more of a high, but get you more utterly spackered (I love that word).
  • Options
    I've only ever had Ket in the form of powder, it seems too much of an effort to make it powdery, I leave that effort to my dealer. ;)
This discussion has been closed.