Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wrong numbers

2»

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sofie wrote:
    This kind of happened to me. My mum changed her mobile number but obviously didn't tell people that her number had changed. A few times I got some texts but they all started with her, like saying 'Hi Sara' and one time one of them just said 'this is my new number' and then a name was the last word in the text. I texted this person back and asked who it was. Deleted the number, having not reconised the name and thought it was a wrong number. Turns out that it was my cousin, who I hadn't seen in about 4 years or so.... (which I realised about 6 months later)
    Something's missing here for this story to make sense... Did your mum give you her old number?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Something's missing here for this story to make sense... Did your mum give you her old number?

Not exactly, no. I ended up with mum's old phone and sim card but she'd obviously forgot to tell certain people that she'd changed her number.
    Oh Danny: :lol: at the story.
    I was half-tempted to call her back the next afternoon to ask her if she remembered calling me - before asking her if she's cute, then going on to persuade her to dump her boyfriend. :p
    I just got a new phone recently and I've been getting calls for the previous owner of the number. Apparently she owes a lot of credit card bills, medical bills, and the payment on her mortgage.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    rachie004 wrote:
    turns out they'd dialled a 9 instead of a 2 - how is that even possible, the numbers aren't even close to each other!
    They probably misread the 2 as 9. Someone was calling my grandma today and couldn't find her for the same reason!