Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Holidays this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    florida for 3 months from june to mid august

then 3 weeks in normandy with family for 3 weeks as soon as i get back, and then i have a weeks break at home and then off to morocco for 2 :D so busy summer!!
  • Options
    i'm goin to New York for a couple of weeks for my birthday. I was supposed to be organising a trip to Amsterdam with my mates but i'm skint at the moment.
  • Options
    Suppose I am going with either my mate or my boyfriend and MY parents to Crete or Tenerife. Unsure yet though. Didnt go away last year so desperate for a hol. Really don't want to go with parents but I guess they are paying and well . . . I can't afford to go on me bill!
  • Options
    I've got nothing booked. I want to do some weekend breaks in the UK and Dublin. I might book a late deal abroad instead. I'll see how I feel.
  • Options
    any way to avoid getting hit by single supplements if you wanna holiday on ur own?
  • Options
    We're thinking about either Croatia or Bulgaria, but really want somewhere further afield but can't afford. We're going to leave it to last minute and see if we can get anywhere cheaper then.
  • Options
    Nothing planned yet.. Am nearly 23 and haven't been abroad for three years. Used to go every year with my parents but now that I have to plan and pay for it myself I haven't dared (do it) or been able to (pay for it).

Really must address that.. never seem to have any spare cash to save up!

Have to say, it really surprised me how many / far people are going away!
  • Options
    Doomsday wrote:
    any way to avoid getting hit by single supplements if you wanna holiday on ur own?

Go with someone, or plan your own trip rather than buying a package.
  • Options
    Well, I didn't manage to get away last year but this year me and the boyfriend will definately be visiting Spain as his parents have bought a villa there so we can visit whenever we want and only have to pay for flights and food! I'm really excited about that. I am also saving up some money to go on a "big" holiday, I was thinking about Kenya or somewhere in the Caribbean (but as I am a rubbish saver uper i'm not sure if my "big" holiday dreams will come true this year!) :D
  • Options
    YAY! I don't have any exams between the 11th and 18th June....
    That means me and my mates are going to HARDCORE TIL I DIE IN THE SUN!!!!!
    A week by the beaches in Spain with a Hardcore rave (with a fucking AMAZING line up) every night!! :D :yippe: :shocking: :hyper: :D
  • Options
    wildchild wrote:
    Go with someone, or plan your own trip rather than buying a package.

dont think I have anyone to go with :no:

how does that work then? dont you still get hit with the single supplement if you go on ur own, even if you do it yourself like?>
  • Options
    Me and the boy are going to visit my daddy in Kenya after my exams, at the beginning of June. And then we're going to his parents' house in France for Christmas.

Yes.
  • Options
    only family visiting ones really.
    Off to france next weekend, that should be nice. Hopefully go to scotland at some point in the year.
    Have told Gilles Id like him to take me for a weekend somewhere just us before the baby is born, but tbh, its unlikely to happen now :(
  • Options
    I want to go on a vacation, but this lack of job may screw me in the end :(

I want to visit England, but Franki's post made me realize how expensive plane tickets are in the summer!

My parents are taking a cruise round Alaska... maybe I'll tag along.
  • Options
  • Options
    No manda, come and see MEEEEEE
  • Options
    I know!! But I wasn't expecting to be jobless :( Maybe round fall or winter, when flights are cheaper.

And I'll harass you too Abby!!
  • Options
    Oh oh oh since I"m here... how old do you have to be to rent a car in England?
  • Options
    If you came to the UK, there would just HAVE to be a mini meet of a few people I think.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I want to visit England

And Scotland!

I'd let you crash on my couch.
  • Options
  • Options
    Doomsday wrote:
    dont you still get hit with the single supplement if you go on ur own, even if you do it yourself like?>

Um, what exactly do you think a single supplement is?

If you mean, does it cost more for a single room than for a bed in a twin room or a dorm, well yes it does. But there's no law forcing you to sleep in a single room just because you're going by yourself - you can book one bed in a youth hostel dorm on the Continent for about £10 a night.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    how old do you have to be to rent a car in England?

I think you have to be at least 21 and to have held your licence for 3 years.
  • Options
    Excelent, thanks :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    UK Car hire, most places are 23 yrs minimum. Some places do 21 years old license must be 2 years.

If you were 23 I'd recommend you use http://www.europcar.com/americas/. However this would be slightly biased.
  • Options
    Oh but I"m only 21 :( 22 if I go in fall. are the places that let you rent at 21 more expensive?
  • Options
    just get the fucking bus and stop making excuses
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Oh but I"m only 21 :( 22 if I go in fall. are the places that let you rent at 21 more expensive?
    Not too much, bout a fiver a day more ($8-9)