Home Home, Law & Money

not going to jsa appointment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
what would they do if you didnt turn up to your appointment to sign on?
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They'd stop your benefits and cancel your application.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You wouldn't get your JSA money anymore.

    Edited to say: yeah, like what Kermit said.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When i was on JSa they told me they'd call me so i wouldn't have to go in. Of course they never did. Useless bastards.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there,

    You would need to fill in a form to say why you didn't attend your job-seekers' appointment and your reasons would have to be very good otherwise they stop your claim as I found out. I came out of hospital and wasn't well and it was the day after new year's day that I had to be there and I called up to say I couldn't come as I was very unwell and the medication I was on was causing me to feel very disorientated.

    They said that that was fine but had to go in the next day. I went in to sign on and I was given a form and to explain why I had couldn't make it to sign on the day I was meant to. If I didn't fill in the form then my claim would have been suspended and would have had to have made a whole new claim again. It is appalling being on jsa and it is not because I want to be and they do make you feel like you are doing it on purpose even though you aren't at all.

    I want to finish off my University studies to become a teacher or to work in the civil services but I won't ever do the jobs I have done since I was 16 and earn just enough to pay my rent with again. I am now 33 and if I take another job doing work well below my abilities then this will knock my self-esteem right down and also because it would be very hard to climb back up a ladder you are so far down.

    As for you if you are younger than me, my advice is to do any job going and even if it is just to get by for now, train to do other stuff in the meantime and to get yourself of benefits as soon as you can as they will eventually force you into something you don't want to do. I am still looking but there are very few jobs out there that are complimentary to my skills and abilities though am trying very hard.
  • smitherzsmitherz Converted to the darkside Posts: 968
    You will not receive any JSA payment for that week. Providing you have a suitable excuse you can hold that to them, if not then your claim will have to be restarted. If left to long you will need to fill a rapid reclaim form to re-do your records.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    amazingly wrote:
    I won't ever do the jobs I have done since I was 16 and earn just enough to pay my rent with again. I am now 33 and if I take another job doing work well below my abilities then this will knock my self-esteem right down and also because it would be very hard to climb back up a ladder you are so far down.
    Job seeker's allowance is for people who find it hard to get ANY job. It's not for people like you who just don't want to work in a lower qualified job than they're capable of.

    I was on Jobseeker's allowance 2 yrs ago, simply because I had not been offered a single job, or for the complete lack of jobs at that time.

    You can't pick and choose on JSA, it's get a job when you're offered one. Pretty simple. You're just taking the piss otherwise.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think that's quite fair to say like that- it's not so black and white as that. If you use your time on JSA to do a few free courses like an IT qual etc and that helps you land a better job, then it all evens out in the long run.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have to say I don't think anyone would be taking the piss using some time on JSA to get themselves a proper job that will do them some good and has a future.

    Far better that then swinging from one totally unsuitable job to the next forever more.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh Ilora. Be SO careful with what you say sweetheart.



    I am in full agreement there.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Job seeker's allowance is for people who find it hard to get ANY job. It's not for people like you who just don't want to work in a lower qualified job than they're capable of.

    I was on Jobseeker's allowance 2 yrs ago, simply because I had not been offered a single job, or for the complete lack of jobs at that time.

    You can't pick and choose on JSA, it's get a job when you're offered one. Pretty simple. You're just taking the piss otherwise.

    bollocks
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ilora: aint you the one who's posted many times on here saying you cant take particular jobs and you wouldnt work in particular places..because you have "issues"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    koe_182 wrote:
    ilora: aint you the one who's posted many times on here saying you cant take particular jobs and you wouldnt work in particular places..because you have "issues"

    But isn't it different refusing jobs because you can't be bothered and refusing jobs because you physically can't do them?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :rolleyes: of course it is.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's the difference between refusing a job for the sake of your physical health and refusing one for the sake of your emotional health/happiness?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Let me see - a few years ago, my dad had to refuse a number of jobs because he was physically unable to drive or lift anything due to collapsing and falling down some steps at work. That's different to him saying 'I'm sorry but I don't want that job because I don't like the sound of it.'
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You haven't answered my question.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just have.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No you haven't. Why is refusing a job for of physical health reasons OK but refusing one for emotional health reasons not OK?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To the OP - If you miss your JSA appointment and fail to sign on, as JSA is a weekly benefit, without a really good excuse, you not receive your benefit for that whole week.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    No you haven't. Why is refusing a job for of physical health reasons OK but refusing one for emotional health reasons not OK?

    You mean you'd be alright doing a job that involves lifting even if you always need help?:confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    You mean you'd be alright doing a job that involves lifting even if you always need help?:confused:

    What are you on about? I didn't write that. Try again.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, you wouldn't expect someone to do a job that they weren't capable of, or that would do their physical health any good.

    Just like you wouldn't expect someone to do a job they weren't mentally capable of and that would do their mental/emotional health no good.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, you wouldn't expect someone to do a job that they weren't capable of, or that would do their physical health any good.

    Just like you wouldn't expect someone to do a job they weren't mentally capable of and that would do their mental/emotional health no good.

    I'm glad someone gets what I'm on about.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, you wouldn't expect someone to do a job that they weren't capable of, or that would do their physical health any good.

    Which is what I've been trying to say all along but Blagsta thinsk that's wrong.:confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Which is what I've been trying to say all along but Blagsta thinsk that's wrong.:confused:

    No, I haven't said anything of the sort.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta doens't think that's wrong at all, he just thinks that you should extend that to mental/emotional health too, and if you won't then you should reconsider your application of it to physical health.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta doens't think that's wrong at all, he just thinks that you should extend that to mental/emotional health too, and if you won't then you should reconsider your application of it to physical health.

    Exactamundo.
Sign In or Register to comment.