Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Small peoples clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not small small, until recently I thought I was 5'4" but turns out i'm 5'3.75" :yum: lol, anyway, does anyone else of smaller proportions find trouble finding clothes that fit well? My dilemma is that, with jeans, they are either too long, or the waist is too small, with tops, the sleeves are always too long!

Why don't they make clothes with small people in mind! All my jeans have been destroyed at the bottom where I have walked on them and all my tops have annoying sleeves that just get in the way! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    *ahem* Nexts petite range...
  • Options
    is that for guys?
  • Options
    oh..
  • Options
    well,you can turn up your jeans quite easily. Probably not so practical for tops. Mens clothes always seem to have less choice...
  • Options
    For your jeans could you not have them taken up at a dress makers? Whenever I buy designer jeans they always seem to have 34" + inside legs so having them taken up is the only option.

I guess you could have the same done for cotton tops, but I suppose that could get quite expensive.

And to answer question about short people: I'm afraid you are a minority and unfortunately you're not going to find many places on the high street to cater for you...Have you tried kiddies sections?
  • Options
    I'm 5'2 and i normally find that jeans with 30 inch leg are pretty much spot on with trainers on, and they do 30's in most places. If not then i'm afraid it's the petite ranges for you! Topshop, Next Dotty P's etc all have them these days.
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote:
    I'm 5'2 and i normally find that jeans with 30 inch leg are pretty much spot on with trainers on, and they do 30's in most places. If not then i'm afraid it's the petite ranges for you! Topshop, Next Dotty P's etc all have them these days.
    I think it's a guy ;).
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I think it's a guy ;).

ah i see :p

did i say topshop, i ment Topman! Have a look on there chap.
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote:
    ah i see :p

did i say topshop, i ment Topman! Have a look on there chap.
    :lol: :razz:

Good save there, love ;p.
  • Options
    well to be fair he/she should've said whether they were a he or a she. :)
  • Options
    Third post, and you could make one click to look at the profile...
  • Options
    why would i want to do that? it'd be easier if they'd said before surely.
  • Options
    why would i want to do that?.

So you could find out the information? Only a suggestion, no need...
  • Options
    madraykin wrote:
    Have you tried kiddies sections?

Interesting you should mention that. My mum is 4'11" she does sometimes have to get childrens things, e.g. her glasses frames :blush:

As for the fact I'm a guy, does Nelski sound feminine? Maybe I should get my username changed, hehe.
  • Options
    A lot of my jeans tend to be too long. Thankfully my mother is an amateur seemstress and turns them up in such a way that looks like they haven't been changed. Yay my mum! :yippe:
  • Options
    Levis have the answer.

Buy a pair of levis from any Levi retailer and they will take them up for you for FREE. And they're really good - I've got 2 pairs taken up and they're perfect. They use the same colour stitching too, so it doesn't look like they've been hacked off and taken up!!
  • Options
    my girlfriend is 4ft 11 and finds it hard to get trousers that fit, luckily her nan turns them up for her.
  • Options
    GAP does some very small jeans :yes: