Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ugly Betty

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Personally, I wouldn't

She isn't ugly though

The face shot is a photo form when she is younger. I think America is pretty. (not Betty)

ferrera_rodriguez.jpg
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    when she was acting in 'real women have curves' she was a plus size US14. Now she is a 10/12. Flabby arse or not, she is playing a character. So she woul not go around like that normally
    well of course not :confused: isn't US10/12 a UK12/14. thats not huge, but she was very untoned.
    lipsy wrote:
    Ferrera_RM678474_150x200.jpg

I think she's quite good looking, reminds me of one of my sisters friends. A darn site prettier than she looks on the show.

uglybetty.jpg
    2iiilcl.jpg

I love love love this show, haha.

She's pretty.

It totally rips off Devil Wears Prada. The book was shite, never saw the film.
    I just watched this on E4, was alright.

But I think the girl playing her is absolutely gorgeous; so, so pretty. Admittedly maybe not in a conventional way, but fuck convention anyway. Her skin is to die for and I think her figure is fabulous, very soft and feminine - plus those shorts were hardly chosen to flatter her, were they. Humiliation chic.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling her ugly.
    She's just not my cup of tea.
    lipsy wrote:
    well of course not :confused: isn't US10/12 a UK12/14. thats not huge, but she was very untoned.

So? Jesus Christ, every time I read one of your posts you're putting someone down for being unattractive or fat! I'd say you have a serious complex.
    BumbleBee wrote:
    So? Jesus Christ, every time I read one of your posts you're putting someone down for being unattractive or fat! I'd say you have a serious complex.

I think pvc is just not very flattering. From the pics she looks like a real woman with a real figure. And really pretty at that!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    BumbleBee wrote:

hmm - let's not get personal here.

Anyway...I think Betty is very attractive and agree with dobbin - pvc is generally really not very flattering at all!
    BumbleBee wrote:
    :lol:
    **Helen** wrote:
    hmm - let's not get personal here.

Anyway...I think Betty is very attractive and agree with dobbin - pvc is generally really not very flattering at all!

Yah, but i thought she pulled off the PVC myself...it was more the way she was walking and intentionally trying to look awkward that made it not suit her.
    I'm skinny and would look like a twat in PVC.
    The US Ugly Betty is based a Mexican show which was made before The Devils Wears Prada was released.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    She's just not my cup of tea.

But would you dunk your biscuit ? :D
    RubberSkin wrote:
    But would you dunk your biscuit ? :D
    :lol:
    BumbleBee wrote:
    i guess i just have high standards!! anyway i said she was pretty :confused:
    Its on at the gym sometimes, though no volume. So no point, but I must ask, I've scanned, and thru the last couple pages, what is this pvc you talk of? To me, pvc is a pipe used in sewers, water lines, drainage, irrigation...
    my_name wrote:
    Its on at the gym sometimes, though no volume. So no point, but I must ask, I've scanned, and thru the last couple pages, what is this pvc you talk of? To me, pvc is a pipe used in sewers, water lines, drainage, irrigation...
    its a shiny plasticy material often used in kinky dressing-up

340298.jpg
    my_name wrote:
    You'd probably call it vinyl
    VinylVicky wrote:
    You'd probably call it vinyl

Ooooo, I getcha. I'm so sheltered, thanks :thumb:
    Oh she's got one perfect smile!
    lea_uk wrote:
    The US Ugly Betty is based a Mexican show which was made before The Devils Wears Prada was released.
    Actually, it was originally a Colombian show (in your link), not Mexican. After the Colombian one there were many re-makes: Mexican, Spanish, etc., before it reached US screens.
    And did you see? Ugly Betty won best series in its category at the Golden Globe Awards, as well as America for best actress! Hurray for her! :yippe: