Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

These noise emitter things for mice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We've got a mouse and just bought one of those noise emitter things, it's all plugged in but the mouse is still there, can hear him under the floorboards.

How long does it take before the mouse goes away?

Comments

• Options
    They don't really work so good.

Get those pellets. The poisonous ones.
    Then the mouse will eat, run away to it's home, and die there.
  • Options
    BritJames wrote:
    Get those pellets. The poisonous ones.
    Then the mouse will eat, run away to it's home, and die there.
    ... cruel... :p
  • Options
    I've put those poisonous pellets about the place aswell. I plugged in the thingy around about 4pm and the leaflet thingy said it takes a while to charge, but I was still hearing mice scratching about at 2am last night.

Can't hear anything today though, but we'll see as they seem to come out at night.
  • Options
    Most of the noise thingys have an on/off switch tucked away on them somewhere, so make sure it's turned on!

I'd go for the bad kill'em method personally, proper traps and poison.
  • Options
    Is it meant to scare them away or something then?
  • Options
    Well it's supposed to let out a really high pitched noise that humans and dogs/cats can't hear but rodents and insects can, it's supposed to drive them away.. it's been pretty quiet though, either the poison's done them or it really is working.
  • Options
    I was in a similar situation for about 6 weeks mid last year, I gradually went from the humane traps (didnt work) to the spring traps (didnt work) on to the poison (didnt work) to the council. They then put poison down and this seemed to tempt the little bastard out and it ate the poison I'd put down two weeks previously and it didnt touch the council stuff.

Yes its cruel but I tried really bloody hard to go down the non killing route but by the end I was more than willing to smash its little face in. Thankfully it just crawled off to die somewhere and I havent had any other problems.
  • Options
    We had one for ants during the summer. Seemed to work really well.
  • Options
    Get a cat