Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Oh my god, the weather!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it absolutely tipping it down and ridiculously windy anywhere else? The rain sounds like bullets against the window... can't see clearly through it. I can however see the pampas grass in our garden slowly beginning to fall over! :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We had a bad storm overnight, gales, rain, thunder, lightening the works. Kept me awake all night, Abbie too :(

And I've just been out to Tesco and it's horrendous to drive in. A day to sit in front of the fire :thumb:
    Yep. Sure is weather to hang yourself to! When's the wind and rain gonna go away?
    Glittery wrote:
    A day to sit in front of the fire :thumb:

Sounds like a plan to me! (Except I've got to walk into town about 2pm...:crying:)
    Nikki* wrote:
    Sounds like a plan to me! (Except I've got to walk into town about 2pm...:crying:)
    I dont have a fire, can I come round yours and I'll drive you to college later? :hyper:
    Feel sorry for my dad, i've just dropped him at the airport to fly to prague. Bet it's going to be rough and bumpy going through this to start with.
    Hope it eases up later, got to ride the horse and i just get annoyed when i have to do it in the rain.
    Glittery wrote:
    I dont have a fire, can I come round yours and I'll drive you to college later? :hyper:

Sounds like a plan! We have an odd fire, but it's warm enough. I'm currently giggling at the boyfs next door neighbour being on Jeremy Kyle so haven't put it on yet. :)
    Nikki* wrote:
    Is it absolutely tipping it down and ridiculously windy anywhere else? The rain sounds like bullets against the window... can't see clearly through it. I can however see the pampas grass in our garden slowly beginning to fall over! :D

Yesterday I was walking with a t-shirt, because it was really sunny and had around 17°C in the sun...

It feels like it's late march.
    Nikki* wrote:
    Sounds like a plan! We have an odd fire, but it's warm enough. I'm currently giggling at the boyfs next door neighbour being on Jeremy Kyle so haven't put it on yet. :)
    Ooh the DNA test folk arguing about housekeys?
    Glittery wrote:
    Ooh the DNA test folk arguing about housekeys?
    Yeah. Simon (well, Simon's parents, but Simon half the time) live next door to the boyfriend. He's as much of a prat as he seems on the program in real life, haha.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Yesterday I was walking with a t-shirt, because it was really sunny and had around 17°C in the sun...

It feels like it's late march.
    :grump:
    I don't like riding my scooter in the rain. The road is slippy, I get rain all over my visor so can't see properly, and my clothes get drenched.
    Its fine here, bit cloudy and a bit windy but nothing major!
    Was bad early this morning, all blue skies now :)
    It is proper gay out there.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Was bad early this morning, all blue skies now :)

Yeah it's blue sky outside now, but the wind's still horrendous. The rains only just stopped though....

The plants outside have officially been blown over though.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Very very rough last night, dry now but windy as fook.
    The bad wind has broken my Sky :grump:
    Glittery wrote:
    The bad wind has broken my Sky :grump:
    Aww! Mine's still working, but I'm not paying attention to it. I'm laughing at bits of our fence panels flying everywhere (ones decided to break in the wind. Not much I can do, but my Dad's going to be pissed when he gets back after spending all summer painting our fences :D)
    Nikki* wrote:
    . I can however see the pampas grass in our garden slowly beginning to fall over! :D
    Nooooooooooooooo!!!! SAVE THE PAMPASS
    My Guttering has broke and the rain has leaked in the living room and inside my new TV :mad:
    It's terrible here. It's dull, chucking it down and so windy!
    This morning I had to walk down my lane to the bus stop and I actually thought I was going to get blown over it was so extreme! Fucking grim weather to wake up to at 7am! :mad:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Nikki* wrote:
    oooh which one? i watched that this morning!!

weather has calmed right down, and ite only a little bit windy now. But this morning it looked like it had been raining wheely bins, they were everywhere!
    Bunnie wrote:
    oooh which one? i watched that this morning!!

Second people on, Simon and Sarah. Pair of idiots, tbh. Funny though.
    I got soaked this morning. Had to go back to a friends after my exam and put my jeans in the dryer and stuff my boots with kitchen roll infront of the fire.
    Was nice and dry and clean when i went back for my afternoon lesson though. :)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I had to stop my literacy lesson as the rain pounded down and the kids all looked at it in awe. Twas quite strange.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I had to drive a long wheel based Merc Sprinter the length of the M3 twice today, it was a job to keep the thing on the road.
    Weekender Offender 
    Yes the weather is most misery-bubble in Surbiton.
    Oh, but you can't say no to the cosy feeling of having a cool book in bed and listening to the background sound of the rain rattling on the windowpanes :heart:
    JsT wrote:
    Very very rough last night, dry now but windy as fook.
    I knowwwwww!!!!!!!!!! It was fucking mental. I think I might have died if you didn't keep me warm in that queue! HAHA. As for the rain, well, that was a bit shit.

And as for this morning, fuck me. I've never seen weather like it.

I got to back to Preston and all was calm and dry :)