Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Natural way to end periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Great topic :p In a little bit of a dilema, ever since I've been on the pill, I've been very lucky in the fact that if I ever forget a pill, I bleed until the next cycle starts, if I try to run them together, I bleed until the next cycle... So I got a call from my pharmacy saying that my gyno wouldn't authorize another fill for my pills becasue I am overdue for my yearly appt. Oops, should have wrote that one on the calander. So I can't get any more pills until I go to the doctor, I can't go to the doctor until I stop expressing my womanly naturness. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Is your yearly appointment not just a blood pressure check etc rather than a look up your foof check?
  • Options
    Sadly, its the loveless sex act of the year :( I was all angry thinking, thanks for calling me about it, until I called them and realized they didn't have a phone number for me :o I brought this on myself.
  • Options
    Ah so it's a smear.

Get drunk, my only advice :p
  • Options
    I like your advice ;)

Then I can laugh and say haha you broke me you sick vampiric bastard :p
  • Options
    Only becasue everybody wants to know about my menstral cycle... I got myself a month of pills, yay for my seemingly nonchalant regular doctor, so whats the likelyhood if I take two today (cuz I missed sunday) that it will be gone by tomorrow afternoon :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Great topic :p In a little bit of a dilema, ever since I've been on the pill, I've been very lucky in the fact that if I ever forget a pill, I bleed until the next cycle starts, if I try to run them together, I bleed until the next cycle... So I got a call from my pharmacy saying that my gyno wouldn't authorize another fill for my pills becasue I am overdue for my yearly appt. Oops, should have wrote that one on the calander. So I can't get any more pills until I go to the doctor, I can't go to the doctor until I stop expressing my womanly naturness. Any tips?
    They make you have some type of internal examination just to get the pill in America? That's harsh.
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Well you have to have regular smears over here or they won't keep giving it to you. I was on it for about a year and then they insisted I had a smear or they wouldn't write me another prescription :impissed:
    Really? I have been on the pill for years, I've had one smear test in that time and I was told it was completely optional and as far as I knew had nothing to do with being "allowed" to remain on the pill.
  • Options
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    You only to have one every three years
    You don't have to have one ever, it's just recommended.

(But I guess they don't have to prescribe the pill for you either :p )
  • Options
    It's recommended that those on the pill should have their smears every 3 years, and most GPs won't prescribe without them being done. BUT you now don't need smears until you're over 25, hence why lots of people don't realise.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    They make you have some type of internal examination just to get the pill in America? That's harsh.

Nah, it was just my yearly smear. I guess cutting me off was their way of telling me use it or lose it... like Sophia's. My last one was September 05 So I was quite over my year :o I got a judging tone of voice from the woman making the appt when she saw the last date. I don't know, I can't explain, either way, they make you go once a year. They harass you, just like the dentists, though half as often.
  • Options
    BUT you now don't need smears until you're over 25.

Oh I thought its 21 now. I got my letter when I was just turned 21. Myabe its different in Wales?
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's 25 in England. It's gone up fairly recently though.
  • Options
    yeah, i think it's 25. As far as I'm aware, every time I near the age that they are recommended from, they put the age up, so I haven't actually had one yet. Not good, I know, but I'm really worried about them, so not motivated enough to seek out having one myself until I'm being pestered...
  • Options
    In England the age was changing from 20 to 25 a few years ago. When I turned 20 it depended on where you live! They told me then that once you have entered the screening programme you are invited back after 3-5 years regardless of the changes to start age now so my next one will be due when I am 23 as I already started them when I was 20.

But still I thought it was more optional than it seems to be...
  • Options
  • Options
    I know that for most people it's worth it etc but I still think it's very harsh that they would withdraw your contraception without a smear test. I wonder if they could withdraw other medications as an encouragement to get it done!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I know that for most people it's worth it etc but I still think it's very harsh that they would withdraw your contraception without a smear test. I wonder if they could withdraw other medications as an encouragement to get it done!

My regular doctors have done the same thing with any SSRI's too, though they usually have my phone number so I don't wait until its overdue to go in :p And same thing when any other medicine has been changed... even a change in asthma medicines, I remember, they did that.
  • Options
    threatened you with a smear in order to get a repeat for asthma?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    threatened you with a smear in order to get a repeat for asthma?

Yeah, but its alright cuz hes cute :p
  • Options
    rofl