Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UGGs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Uggs. Yay, or nay?

I can't make my mind up if they're cute, or fugly and I can't decide whether or not to get some because of that!!

And, to anyone who has some, how comfy are they? and are they at all supportive?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a pair of tall chestnut uggs which my boyo got me when I found out I was pregnant. I was always very "meh" about them but they really do have to be worn to be believed. I would have never thought anyone could ever justify the cost of them when there are so many cheapy knock-offs about but it is easy to understand when you have a pair (and I didn't pay so it's fuck all to me).

They are fairly supportive and have a substantial sole which was the thing I was most doubtful about. They are the most divinely snuggly, comfortable, fabulous footwear I have ever had the pleasure of wearing - it pains me to take 'em off these days :heart:
    Nay. Can't say am too keen on them tbh.
    briggi wrote:
    I have a pair of tall chestnut uggs which my boyo got me when I found out I was pregnant. I was always very "meh" about them but they really do have to be worn to be believed. I would have never thought anyone could ever justify the cost of them when there are so many cheapy knock-offs about but it is easy to understand when you have a pair (and I didn't pay so it's fuck all to me).

They are fairly supportive and have a substantial sole which was the thing I was most doubtful about. They are the most divinely snuggly, comfortable, fabulous footwear I have ever had the pleasure of wearing - it pains me to take 'em off these days :heart:

Thats what they all say. The most comfortable things. Everybody wearing them looks very comfortable too. I'm just not a fan of boots, especially over your pants. Now if they made ugg sneakers I'd be willing to try that. :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I didnt like them when the originally came about, but I have to say they have grown on me. I dont think I would have some myself, as I think they look best with trousers tucked in (but then I'd probably not notice them if they weren't), and my legs are a bit too chunky to be chopped off mid calf :p
    I used to think they were ugly butI've seen a few around that aren't so bulky, they are quite nice.
    they make slippers! anyways im definately pro uggs. the reason they got such a bad rap is because people started wearing them with skirts. THAT is tack to me.

Ooo, I need new slippers too. Where can I get them?
    And I"m with you on that skirt bit.
    Well i'm in two minds really. I don't think they look particularly great, but they do look really comfy, and to me comfort by far outweighs looking good :D

I'll probably get some!
    they ugly!
    Uggs are ok, but I prefer the £20 knockoffs.
    i have the ugg version of slippers. i think they really lack style though. i don't know why anyone would want to wear them out of the house.
    how much are the real ones then?
    Who would wear slippers outside the house? Unless you're picking up the sunday paper off the stoop maybe, but I wouldn't say that counts :p
    yo momma!

(joke)
    :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
    aw, manda...cheer up! I bought silver shiny leggings... funny?
    Only if you wear a tinfoil hat with it ;)
    I would've said I'd prefer the knock-offs too [the price, anyway] until I got my tootsies into them, there's no comparison. If you have issues with cold feet like I do [old lady!] then they are truly a godsend. There is definitely a reason they're so popular.

Also, I don't think they lack style myself. But then I'm more of the belief that people lack style, boots don't. Sure they aren't the most glamorous footwear ever but they are so cosy and I actually think they look kinda cute with jeans and knitwear. There is definitely time in my life and space in my wardrobe for them :)

My fella ordered mine through this website (and those are my boots :love:)
    er no, but I do have some white stilleto sandals with studed straps that twist up your leg... Do you get birds of a feather over there? They a bit dorien Green. I could wear them together for you?
    I believe they must be truely comfortable!

My new boots are:

1403537020_exlg.jpg
    katralla wrote:
    er no, but I do have some white stilleto sandals with studed straps that twist up your leg... Do you get birds of a feather over there? They a bit dorien Green. I could wear them together for you?

Ahahahaha. That sounds lush. Piccie? :flirt:
    katralla wrote:

I think I'm booking a flight just to see that. Will you dress me up too :D Not sure about birds of a feather, but google tells me its a gay and lesbian retirement community in new mexico.
    I would so do it too! I don't have a digi cam though....
    I always hated uggs, but now there supposedly out of fashion they're really starting to grow on me probably because they look so comfy.
    Ive always coveted some, but when everyone else was wearing them, I could never bring myself to.
    As Amy said, im more interested now everyone elses interest has passed.
    Im kind of like the opposite of a trendsetter - more of a cast-off lover.
    i have a black pair just like the ones briggi posted. my mum gave them to me a year ago. she has a beigey coloured pair in a size 6 which fit her fine. she's had them for a few years and then got some black ones on the same size without trying them on. she kept them for a while but eventually decided they were too big for her and gave them to me! i did have a pair of £50 knock offs from topshop which were good but they hurt my feed by the end of winter. they are sooooo comfy! and look good with my jeans. :D
    katralla wrote:
    how much are the real ones then?
    Depending on which ones you get between about £90-140.

I hated them when they first came out but i seem to be starting to like them. Don't think i'd ever get any as i don't think they'd suit me.

Class outfit of the night goes to this young more money than sense girl down the pub. She had beige ugg boots on, over black thick tights, under a beige/tweed type checked mini skirt with a black and white trendy top. WTF !
    I quite like the Ugg style slippers but I wouldn't wear the boots.
    I have some rip-offs, theyre not bad for the winter but you tend to look more cosy than you actually are cos mine arent waterproof! The soles are made of foam :yeees: