Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

M&S Sizing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't shop often at M&S but I tried on quite a few things during the sales and found everything to be smaller then the same sizes from other stores.

For instance I bought 2 pairs of jeans from M&S because I used to like the way they fitted, I got a dark blue and light blue both the same sizes as what I wear from other stores and both were tight, even though the other store's jeans fitted fine. What's more the darker blue jeans was tighter then the light blue, even though they were supposed to be exactly the same except for the colour.

I also tried their shoes and found I couldn't even get my feet into my normal sizes, in fact had to try two sizes bigger then normal to get ones that were wide even, but then the shoes were too long.

When I went to return the jeans and tell the girl why, she said and I quote "Yeah all the sizes in this place are messed-up .. even my own dress size is bigger here then in any other store"

Anyone else found this to be true with M&S?

I used to like M&S stuff cos they fitted so nicely now everything is weird sizes.

Comments

• Options
    Er, I can wear age 9-10 kiddy stuff from there just fine, cept the arms are too short! lol. That'd be a no- you just ate too many pies over crimbo!
  • Options
    I think it runs big, I always take at least one size down in M&S and like katralla I can get into their kid's clothing too :thumb:
  • Options
    My auntie used to buy me foul things from there when I was younger.
    Not that I actually wore them, but I always found them rather big. Perhaps you just ate too much christmas pud love! :thumb:
  • Options
    I find their lady's sizes much larger than other stores.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I find their lady's sizes much larger than other stores.

:yes:

I have always found M&S sizing to be on the generous size. And my mum always jokes that it's the only place she's still a 12, bless her.
  • Options
    Oh dear DG, it's not sounding too good for you is it? Were you wearing specs when you went in there? Lol.
  • Options
    Maybe it's different in the mens?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Maybe it's different in the mens?

Yeah I'm pretty sure my feet don't go up 2 full sizes over Xmas, Anyway the point was if I buy my size jean anywhere else they fit fine at M&S gotta suddenly add 2 inches.

Even my aunt said the sizes there are different to other places so what you guys have said is kinda confirming they do their own thing?

To me it seems the shoes are much narrower then they used to be.