Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Parents having sex

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote:
    If my parents were shagging, which they won't be cos my parents have never and will never have sex...

:lol::D :thumb:
    katralla wrote:
    Now hold on a minute, weren't you trying to argue in the p&d thread about cohabitation that peeps should just get married? Er, so therefore a marriage is just a marriage and means nothing else apart from the legal and financial aspect, for convenience in your own words, unless you've changed your opinion on that?
    Fuck off, what's that got to do with anything?
    well to be fair I did say hotel or b&b.
    Tbh though, if i had that much dislike for my mums partner and didnt even see it as a real wedding, then I probably wouldnt go to the ceremony.
    Nothing worse than having a guest that doesnt even want to be there!!

I have less than £50 to my name at the moment! And if I'd wanted to stay somewhere else they would have been quite offended I think and asked why.

I don't dislike him that much that I wouldn't want to go to the ceromony. It was a lovely day and I'm happy they're getting married. I just dislike the lack of respect he's had since he came here. And like I said - if it didn't happen all the time I wouldn't be bothered about the wedding night
    Are you a UWIC student then or Glam?

How do you know I'm not cardiff :p Ha you're right though I'm in my final year at UWIC. Hoping to do a post grad course at glam, and its cheaper living up there than cardiff
    It's one of those things, though, and unless you can put your hand on your heart and say that you've never had sex that they can hear, its hard to throw stones.

I think your mum and stepdad are right, much as its uncomfortable. They are entitled to a sex life. Are the walls really crap in their house, I know in my house you can hear a sneeze two rooms away.
    Kermit wrote:
    Iunless you can put your hand on your heart and say that you've never had sex that they can hear, its hard to throw stones.

I'm sure I have had sex that people could hear, but like I've said before occasionally you get carried away and you realise and don't do it again. To be honest I was always quiet when I lived in a shared house. And I'd never have sex in my mams house, and i've never done it when guests were staying in mine - ESPECIALLY if its family
    Kermit wrote:
    Are the walls really crap in their house, I know in my house you can hear a sneeze two rooms away.

Yeah the walls are like that. But they know they are. You'd have thought they'd be embarassed that people can hear them. I can hear them in the corridor, the living room and the room next to them when they're doing it. They're obviously not giving a shit about whether we hear or not
    I think it's disrespectful as they invited you over. But I don't think you should stop them, just solve the problem. Go out, music, I dunno. It's one of those things you shouldn't confront them with, sex isn't illegal.

But they should know better. I get the impression of them being quite disrespectful and selfish but hey, who knows? just wait out the tide.
    kangoo wrote:
    Yeah the walls are like that. But they know they are. You'd have thought they'd be embarassed that people can hear them. I can hear them in the corridor, the living room and the room next to them when they're doing it. They're obviously not giving a shit about whether we hear or not

Why should they stop just to avoid upsetting your sensibilities, though?

We had our sister-in-law staying with us- we had sex, and she had sex with her bf, and we could definitely hear her. But that's not her problem, really.

IMHO you are being too fussy about it, and have got unrealistic expectations of it, especially by letting it get to such an argument that you had to move out. Though a bit of courtesy to keep the noise down if you're only there once in a blue moon wouldn't go amiss.
    Kermit wrote:
    especially by letting it get to such an argument that you had to move out.

I didn't move out because we argued I moved out because I hated lying there night after night having to listen to them
    To be honest if someone (especially a member of my family) told me they could hear me having sex and asked me to keep it down I'd be so mortified at upsetting them I'd make damn sure I kept the noise down. I'd never want to embarrass, upset or offend someone by having sex whether it be in my own house or in someone elses
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Chill Fiend, no use getting angry over nothing...

As for the 'real wedding' aspect:
    It wasn't a traditional huge wedding, there's no honeymoon or anything. It was a 15 minute ceromony with her kids and his kids and then a small meal at a resteraunt. It was purely for the convenience of being married (for finances, houses etc).

I think they're being inconsiderate but maybe last night was a one off. I've been told that everyone could hear me before so now if people are in it's always 'quiet sex'. The noisy screaming stuff is reserved for when we've got the house to ourselves.

Can you imagine screaming 'oh fuck I'm cooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggg' with your mum watching coronation street in the next room? Maybe you could always get revenge, get your boyfriend to do you really hard up against their bedroom wall or something :)
    i cant believe so many of you find it so easy to have quiet sex tbh. I mean, Im not a screamer, but how the hell could you manage to have it so that people in the same house or the next room didnt hear???
    If I lived with people, id wait till they were gone out or expect them to probably be able to hear us.
    If I lived with people, id wait till they were gone out or expect them to probably be able to hear us.

Indeed. In our flat you can hear everything which is, er, interesting at times it has to be said. Doesn't stop anyone getting their rocks off though, and I didn't think it was rude to have sex while you had guests but maybe I'm just ignorant :p

I sympathise as it's gotta be weird hearing your mum having sex [especially with someone you don't like] but basically I don't think it's worth getting so worked up about since you're not there 99% of the time. Live and let live (or shag and let shag), it's not pleasant but it's also not worth making a huge issue out of imo -- especially since it was their wedding night.
    in my student house the floors are really creaky so the girl underneeth me can usually hear which i find embarasing and at my boyfriends house we just have to remember no screaming its really not that hard to make sure people in the next room dont hear...
    I think her parents are disgraceful. The fact that they know she can hear them having sex while she is sleeping in their home and not caring about it is VERY disrespectful to their daughter.

Get the hose pipe on them!

What else do you expect them to do? Stop having sex just because she can hear them?

Personally I would buy earplugs. Or is there anyway you can go out for a bit then just come back later? or sleep somewhere else (even if it's just the sofa)?
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Aw, poor didums.
    :lol:
    You're hilarious.
    I try. High achiever me!
    i cant believe so many of you find it so easy to have quiet sex tbh. I mean, Im not a screamer, but how the hell could you manage to have it so that people in the same house or the next room didnt hear???

IME: spooning, and trying not to make noise (pillows are good for biting) seems to work.

I think her mum's out of order to be bringing boyfriends back when she was only 16 not long after she'd got divorced and shagging loudly in the next room. From the sounds of things, she's doing what she wants rather than being considerate. She'll happily hold her hands up and say sorry when confronted, but when she's getting passionate again and knows her daughter is upset about it 'oh well'.

Well maybe not that extreme, but I think she's been inconsiderate. Maybe not this particular instance as it was her wedding night, but before, definately just after the divorce.
    I have perfected the art of quiet sex :yes:. Particularly when there are people in the house, as I don't think it's fair on them to be able to hear me, really. And our walls are so thin that when my sister is on the phone in the room behind my head (the heads of our beds are back to back), I can hear the person on the other end of the phone talking. And that is not an exaggeration (although her old phone was VERY loud, it's still worrying that I could hear it). It's not difficult to keep quiet (and still have fun), even if you can be really very loud (and this is coming from me, who at one point screamed so loud my ex's next door neighbours could hear me, with all of the windows and doors shut, and double glazing), so I think that kangoo's mum is being kinda inconsiderate, especially keeping her up til god knows what time in the morning.

*shrug*
    With parents or my younger brother, I usually start a mad coughing fit if they get to loud, they soon tune it down so I can get back to sleep
    kangoo wrote:
    if I'd wanted to stay somewhere else they would have been quite offended I think and asked why.

And you could have told them why. I know you've talked about it with your mum before but she'll not be the only person in the world who needs things telling more than once before they fully sink in. I mean, yeah it's an embarrassing topic to bring up but it's obviously something that bothers you to a huge extent, and however much you rant on here, it isn't going to make the situation improve. If you actually want things to change then you're going to have to confront her in some way or another.
    I guess :/ I've brough it up a couple of times, just asking them to keep it down and they don't seem to oblige - maybe they think they are, I don't know. Seems a bit pointless to bring it up again as its embarassing for me and doesn't seem to achieve anything. Staying elsewhere isn't an option as I don't have any money anyway
    Out of interest, where does your dad live? I mean, after this week, do you ever have to go back there?
    I have never heard either of my parents having sex, be it with each other ot their new partners, i would be so embaressed if i did! So maybe they don't, who knows :p
    Although i think i would be even more embaressed if one day they informed me to keep it down because they could hear me going at it.
    i stayed at my friends house once when we were at secondary school. i think i'd just got to sleep and she got out of bed, stormed to her mums room and told them to shut up or something. she said they were having sex!

my bed at uni is so unbelievably squeaky, good job i'm not getting much at the mo! :grump:
    When I used to live with my Mum and Step Dad I used to hear them all the time. They were always at it like rabbits, first thing in the morning, during the day, in the evening. My Mum isn't exactly the quiet type either. I found it very disturbing. I was 13-17 at the time. I didn't like it. I told my Mum. They still did it.

Nothing you can do tbh. Just put a pillow over your head. Tis what I did for four years.
    Ah poor you :( Ugh I'm going back home tomorrow. Next time I'm coming up with my boyfriend so maybe they'll get a taste of their own medicine ;)
    Right ON!!!:naughty: :yippe: :thumb: