Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Macworld - Steve Job's Keynote iPhone, iTV etc.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone watching coverage of steve jobs keynote?

They've alreay unveiled Apple TV, a set top box which streams HDTV from apple, and just a few minutes ago , the iPhone.

How nice is the iPhone :eek: one giant multitouchscreen, no buttons.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How long will that last before you can't see anything because it's covered in fingerprints?
    You clean it...
    What I hope, is that this spurs other companies to make their own. I've wanted this for so long. I have a touchscreen phone atm but it's got windows mobile 5.0 on it which is so utterly crap.

*crosses fingers*
    noog wrote:
    Is anyone watching coverage of steve jobs keynote?

They've alreay unveiled Apple TV, a set top box which streams HDTV from apple, and just a few minutes ago , the iPhone.

How nice is the iPhone :eek: one giant multitouchscreen, no buttons.

i just watched the whole hour and a half of the keynote and all i can say is WOW!

I WANT AN IPHONE!!!
    LinkSys brought out a product called iPhone a couple of weeks ago, so there may be a name infringement issue there.

Naw, Cisco said in their keynote that they had come to an agreement over the use if the iPhone trademark, and I'm sure apple will have the money to buy that agreement :)

I was quite pleased with the keynote really, I would've liked to have heard about the new OS X though, and the new line of macbook's that they were expected to announce.
    It wasn't so long ago they switched from Core Duo to Core 2 Duo so I'd have thought it would be a bit yet before they bring out another.

I meant the rumours about a 12" Macbook pro , or a slimmer macbook, or a sub-notebook macbook, or a tablet macbook, all of which have been speculated :)
    ShyBoy wrote:
    What I hope, is that this spurs other companies to make their own. I've wanted this for so long. I have a touchscreen phone atm but it's got windows mobile 5.0 on it which is so utterly crap.

*crosses fingers*

I got 2 Pocket PC's and they're both kinda crap really ... although one I got free

But if it wasn't for GPS Sat Nav they'd never get used.

For that one application it's very useful.

Don't think too much of Apples Phone EXCEPT it's ability to inspire other manufacturers to get their fingers out, Apple aren't doing anything Nokia or Sony Ericsson couldn't have done ages ago - difference is the phone manufacturers limit what their products can do on purpose so we're encouraged to upgrade our handset each year.

Like my current Nokia has a really good MP3 player and camera built in but with only 28MB of Memory and no expansion slot - it's not going to hold many songs or pics

I stand corrected. :P
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCqWBAiSGTA

And impressive bit of kit. Very flashy.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCqWBAiSGTA

And impressive bit of kit. Very flashy.

That is very impressive. Bit expensive, mind you :p.