Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who's got an HP/Compaq laptop?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There is something I am pissed off about. I got Sonic MyDVD Plus pre-installed and now whenever I start it the software tries to install (which is shouldn't do) and it looks for MyDVD.msi. I did read that this file is in C:\HP but I have nothing in that folder. I also read the support manual and it says to uninstall the software that is causing the problem and then go to the Application & Driver Recovery Utility and just reinstall the software again.

Well....

1. If I try and uninstall I the software goes looking for MyDVD.msi again
2. the option to reinstall the software is grayed out, meaning I am unable to reinstall.

Any had this problem, know how I can fix it?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had this problem during other issues i was having. It had updated but i was forced to fall back to a previous restore point and that's when this shit with it looking for the .msi and again i had to restore back, right back to when i first set up the pc in fact !

I could not get it find the .msi and it wouldnt find any updates even when manually forced !
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    This worked on one of the HP NX8220s we have here.