Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Endometriosis. Anyone got or had?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just found out recently that i have endometriosis. Don't know i great deal about it except that it's ruining my sex life! For about two years i was complaining of painful sex and the doctors pissed about until finally i know what i have. Please, please, please does anyone out there know anything of any interest. It got so bad now. Sex is sometimes unbareable and it's really upsetting both me and my boyfriend.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there carrot_tit, hope you find this information useful. I'm sure your GP/gynaecologist will be happy to see you if you have any specific queries.
    www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk
    The inner lining of the womb is called the endometrium. Endometriosis is a condition in which patches of endometrium occur in sites of the body other than the womb. It is estimated that between 10 and 15 per cent of women complaining of gynaecological symptoms have endometriosis.
    <STRONG>The symptoms of endometriosis are generally relieved by pregnancy and by the menopause. It can often be controlled by the continuous use of oral contraceptives or by any other measure that suppresses the function of the ovaries. A complete cure, however, will usually require surgical removal of the patches of endometrial tissue wherever they might be.
    </STRONG>

Apologies for copying large chunks from another site, but NHSdirect is usually good at giving concise info on all sorts of medical conditions.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A friend of mine had it- she kept pretty quiet about it but had to have surgery for it last year. She said that the worst part was the recovery since she couldn't do anything but stay at home but she was feeling much better afterwards...