Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any Dead Rising Players?

Im a newbie and am only at level 3, I also get stuck alot

any tips
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not heard of the game, what is it?
    What are you stuck with?
    well so far I solved 1 case, rescued 3 people and am fighting a clown with no weapons and if i step out into the park i get run down by cons in a hummer. any ideas what to do?

coolme:look this up its a real cool zombie game.
    well so far I solved 1 case, rescued 3 people and am fighting a clown with no weapons and if i step out into the park i get run down by cons in a hummer. any ideas what to do?

For the clown (Adam? Can't really remember...) run along the walkway until you find the sports shop, it has an infinite supply of baseball bats. Don't attack him until he's stunned or he just breaks the weapon. The best time is after he does the big spin attack. Or, wait until he's blowing up one of the balloons and smash him.

Failing that, find the perfume shop. If you throw the bottles at him, he'll start sneezing. If you knock him to the ground, get away from him. He breaths fire when he sits up.

Convicts....ummm...run like fuck. Stick to the close to the mall, they tend to hang around the pond more. There's a gun shop in the North Plaza that has a sniper rifle (You'll have to defeat Cleatus though). If you stand on the roof of the picnic area, you can pick them off without being bothered by the zombies.

After you kill them, DESTROY THE JEEP! Otherwise the fuckers respawn.

Reminds me of some movie & Resident Evil!
    I think your thinking dawn of the dead.

anyways, I decided to start over to save some people I didn' t in my last game. Im now at level 11 because the data from the last game carried over so I thought that was pretty nifty.

Im trying to kill adam again, with pistols but that chainsaw move really kills you. At present just trying to level myself up but after trying to save shinji, yuu and Leah, the convicts come and waste me. Guess im headed for the gunshop....

so if you blow the jeep up they don't come back? what do you need to trash it?
    Grab the sub-machine gun and the katana from the first shopping area (where the photographer was) before facing the clown - it makes things a bit easier. Failing that a hand gun is usually dropped by one of the cops milling around - use that when the clown blows up a balloon - that stuns him, then dash in there with something vicious.

And don't forget some OJ from the cafe to keep your health up.

Personally Cletus just seemed impossible in the gun shop, could never kill him - though I did manage to massacre the three survivours in there by mistake later on.
    I found the katana, very fun to use BTW.....

I can't find the machine gun but first of all I wanna kill the cons to save 3 survivors.
    Jim V wrote:
    Personally Cletus just seemed impossible in the gun shop, could never kill him - though I did manage to massacre the three survivours in there by mistake later on.

Did you try running back out of the shop?

If position yourself on the left handside of the doorway, you can shoot him without exposing yourself to his shotgun.
    Ah right - not playing it anymore, long since finished and finally got the over the top achievements after 2 days solid running over zombies in the mall underground
    Jim is there anything you don't know? :p:D
    ok heres a little update:

wasted the cons, twice with a pistol and I stole the machine gun which I then used to kill adam and im on the last case.

thing is I wanna kill cliff hudson (the vietnam vet in north plaza) they say use the katana but it seems theres only 1.

thoughts?
    almost finished the game....
    did all the cases, saved as many people as I could..
    waited on the wrong bit of the helipad and have to start all over...
    shit.
    This thread died ages ago.
    just an update.
    I solved all the cases, got to the helipad on time then gave up during the overtime mode.

I should really go back to it but I got annoyed at the nightmarish difficulty. Apparently storm troopers in kevlar body armour can don't keel over and die if you hit them in the face with a baguette.
    I find the machine guns to the kneecaps work well. :)
    yep, go for the lower body and legs and rapidly tap the trigger rather than holding down - and keep a couple of katanas for backup if they get close
    CoolMe wrote:
    This thread died ages ago.
    2 or 3 months would usually be considered dead - not 7 or 8 days ;)
    Where exactly are the machine gun and katana found again ?

I tried looking but found nothing ...
    the katana: paradise plaza, colombian roastmasters on the ledge behind the rail near the drinks.

The machine gun. on 3 ledges down from the kids clothes shop near the exit use the stairs to get to the first ledge then you get the Idea.
    Jim V wrote:
    2 or 3 months would usually be considered dead - not 7 or 8 days ;)

When a thread gets near the bottom i take no intrest in it
    How do you get the wonderland - paradise plaza shortcut to work?
    Is there a technican that shows you a shortcut through the toilet to to help you move around? if you missed him you may not get it - but essentially you should stand in the mens and head to the farside of the mirror, at which point you can click to use the shortcut. - if its been opened.
    yeah I saved him but then what? he just said heres a shortcut and I can't get it to work.
    You should just go into the toilet and use climb/jump
    mens or womens?
    mens or womens?

He should lead you to it.

I think it's the women's loo though.
    its all good now, I found it :)