Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Taking x for the first time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

Looking for some safety tips for tekin x for first time my drug of choice is charlie but mate wants to try x on birthday. Looking for advice on first time droppin if poss.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your best bet is to be with someone who has taken it before and is sensible (ie not going to neck 5 pills then down a litre of spirits) so they can look after you if you freak out or collapse.
    Make sure the rest of your mates know what you are doing in case something happens to you and hospital staff need to know what you've taken.
    Drink plenty of water but dont drink too much. Drink more if your are dancing a lot. Dont drink alchohol.
    its best if you start off with just half a pill because you don't know how your body is going to react to it. also since its your first time half is plenty. the come-up will take between 20mins to 50mins. try not to get impatient waiting for it to happen and don't take anymore pill until you've come up. when you feel ready (maybe after an hour or so) you can take another half to keep the buzz going. repeat as necessary. its recommended that you sip a pint of water every hour if you're dancing. also its harder to tell if you're overheating so stand by the fan every so often or away from the dance floor to cool down.
    whilst you're on E don't bother with coke because it will cancel it out. and don't drink alcohol either.

listen to your body and have fun!! :)
    I agree with lipsy, half a pill would be a definate in my mind!!!!!!!

I have had years on and off of pills and if I ever do dabble now, I always start with half.. granted I usually neck a few more afterwards but you never know how you might react!

Good luck & Enjoy.......
    Thanks,

What happens if you drink too much water ?
    Also what about the comedown ? ~ how long it last and what are the major negatives of it (other than loosin the high lol)
    I don't know about drinking too much water, I say drink away..

Comedowns, uhm, tbh the only comedowns I can cope with is when I dont sleep/sleep little.. then I spend the ENTIRE next day smoking weed.....followed by a good 12 hours + in bed.. sleeping!

Otherwise I'm.. shall we say, emotional?

lol
    Ok cool. Will it be ok to hit some lines when on the comedown? I mean is the only risk of mixin E and Coke, the fact ur high maybe cancelled out / reduced?

And is it strictly 0 alcohol?
    Oh you can drink alcohol, a lot of people just find they enjoy it more when they don't drink.

Back in my heyday it was extremely rare that we didn't have a drink as well as a few gurners though - usually a fucking skinful to be honest - and I never really found it hugely different or that the booze caused problems. It's just supposed to be a better high. It's all trial and error anyway really, different people like to do different things and different pills will have different effects. I've never been one myself for knocking up a line or ten when I'm buzzing off my tits - or even coming down - but I know a lot of people who do mix the two and they obviously get something out of it or they wouldn't bother. They're not daft. But in the aftermath I'd sooner skin up, to be honest. Do what feels right, I guess, a little of what you fancy does you good etc ;)

Basically just don't overdo it - dropping halves is definitely the way to ease yourself in - and as lipsy said listen to your body, it can tell you more about what you should be doing than we'll ever be able to! Take it easy :thumb:
    lipsy wrote:
    its best if you start off with just half a pill because you don't know how your body is going to react to it. also since its your first time half is plenty. the come-up will take between 20mins to 50mins. try not to get impatient waiting for it to happen and don't take anymore pill until you've come up. when you feel ready (maybe after an hour or so) you can take another half to keep the buzz going. repeat as necessary. its recommended that you sip a pint of water every hour if you're dancing. also its harder to tell if you're overheating so stand by the fan every so often or away from the dance floor to cool down.
    whilst you're on E don't bother with coke because it will cancel it out. and don't drink alcohol either.

listen to your body and have fun!! :)

Spot on. :thumb:

Oh, I always recommend a "cooling spray" which I got from Boots, it's like a fiver or summat but genius if you canny be arsed going to a fan of sorts. It's like a moisture spray. It's the most sexual thing in the world when off your tits on pills and you dance dance dance dance dance dance like a fiend.
    It is possible to drink too much water and get ill that way... but as long as you're responsible it will be fine. When they say sip, they mean sip! Don't just down a pint on the hour, as it can't be absorbed by your body as well.

In terms of comedowns... to be honest I doubt you'll notice it much the first few times if you don't neck a load of pills. A lot of people just find it worse when they're still up on the pills but don't have any music to dance to! The next day or day after, just try and stay occupied and around people if possible.

You're doing a good thing by checking here first! :thumb:
    deceelpool wrote:
    Ok cool. Will it be ok to hit some lines when on the comedown? I mean is the only risk of mixin E and Coke, the fact ur high maybe cancelled out / reduced?

And is it strictly 0 alcohol?
    yeah i often have coke when i've left the club and i'm at an afterparty.

on a usual night i will have alcohol up until i take my first pill at about 11. the reason i don't continue to drink is because i'm thirsty and i just don't think alcohol quenches that. its also alot better for your body if you just sip on water.and i just don't like to get too fucked. a few drinks and i'm drunk so carrying on would be pointless for me because i would just be mashed and wouldn't be able to enjoy the pills.

just take things easy and listen to your body. if people get into trouble with E its usually because they've overheated or they've drank too much water. so just bear these in mind and you should be fine :)

comedowns: i only started taking pills a the beginning of last year. first i just took them every few weeks but from september time i've been doing them pretty much every weekend. i don't think i've really suffered from comedowns. the next day i don't have any appetite like you get with coke. and i just catch up on my sleep. then by about monday i probably feel a bit emotional or soemthing but i'm used to feeling like that with pmt anyway so it doesn't really bother me. i know someone who has been doing them for years though and he gets really depressed for a few days - sometimes almost crying if he takes alot. what comes up must come down!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    briggi wrote:
    Oh you can drink alcohol, a lot of people just find they enjoy it more when they don't drink.

You can but you shouldn't. Whatever way you look at it alcohol and ecstasy are not good to mix, and you put extra strain on your body and organs if you do. Poly drug use of any kind seriously bumps up the risks.

Many people say that coke cancels out the effect of ecstasy, but there are plenty of people such as myself who don't share that experience. That isn't the only thing you shoudl be worrying about though, with them both being stimulants you'll be putting extra strain on your heart. Wait until you've found how sensitive you are to the drug before contemplating mixing other drugs.

Don't make a point of drinking any more water than usual unless your dancing. If your dancing sip water and take regualr breaks to cool off. As other people have said taking them in halves is a good idea, and wait to fully come up on your first half before taking any more, it should take no more than an hour depending on how much you've eaten.

Just take it steady, and have fun.
    Weekender Offender 
    lipsy wrote:
    if people get into trouble with E its usually because they've overheated or they've drank too much water.

And because they've mixed the drug with other drugs.
    Weekender Offender 
    I know it's probably senisible but personally I think taking half a pill is bollocks. I'd be suprised if you even felt anything of half a pill, I've never taken just half a pill ever and I really don't see the point in it.
    But hey I guess it is the most sensible and responsible thing to do on your first time although personally I'd just take one whole pill.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    But hey I guess it is the most sensible and responsible thing to do on your first time although personally I'd just take one whole pill.

If they are one of the unfortunate people who cant motabolise MDMA that whole tablet is going to cause even nastier problems than a small dose.

On your first time definitely do only a half, dont try and regulate your water intake to one pint an hour thats rubbish, just sip when you feel thirsty. And definitely do not drink alcohol, you only get the pure MDMA experience a very limited number of times to fog your head with alcohol is a drastic waste.
    my first time took me over 2 hours to come up, happened similarly to a friend of mine and they were very good mdma pills. make sure you wait becasue you dont want 2 pills kicking in at the same time on your first experience at least..
    my first time took me over 2 hours to come up, happened similarly to a friend of mine and they were very good mdma pills. make sure you wait becasue you dont want 2 pills kicking in at the same time on your first experience at least..

Yeah it took me about 2 hours to come up on my first time too, only did the one pill though.
    i thought that the risk of drinking too much water was that you could OVERhydrate yourself. There was a girl who drank so much water that her brain swelled and she got brain damage or something. but she drank a stpuid amount, literally gallons.
    it could all be chinese whispers but personally i dont like to take the risk. i sip about a pint over the hour.

with alcohol i thought that the risk was that E is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressive. doesnt alcohol slow down your bodys reactions to things and dehydrates you so it greatly increases chances of SOMETHING going wrong on E.

with coke, i just felt more fucked on pills rather than the 'coke' feeling when i mixed them.
    deceelpool wrote:
    Hello,

Looking for some safety tips for tekin x for first time my drug of choice is charlie but mate wants to try x on birthday. Looking for advice on first time droppin if poss.

Thanks

How about not taking it in the first place? Best safety tip anyone could give you.
    silverhalo wrote:
    How about not taking it in the first place? Best safety tip anyone could give you.

See I used to think like you and that was so easy an assumption to make and all, but you DON'T know until you try it.

See if you take it in the right environment it's fucking phenonemal.

Honestly. Take all your best night outs and roll them into a night on ecstasy. True you may feel like crap the day after or so, but JESUS. The night. The music, the people, the shit you chat, the want to dancedancedancedance and never ever stop. It's just....fuck man you can't describe it until you have a bash of it.

Not that I condone it or owt, but I'm glad I tried it and still involve it in my some of my big nights out. It makes your night fucking boss.
    1983 wrote:
    See I used to think like you and that was so easy an assumption to make
    its weird because i've never been against drugs. infact i shared my first pill with my mate when i was 16 but it didn't work and must have been a dud so i didn't bother again. i never came into contact with drugs again really until i was 21. but with the media, society, education and the government all telling us how bad drugs are, its very easy to think like that. it actually takes effort to go read up on drugs or listen to the opinions of drug users.
    1983 wrote:
    True you may feel like crap the day after or so,
    i feel like death after a night out on alcohol. i feel so so ill and sometimes throw up. but the next day after pills i'm still pretty chirpy and i don't get a 'hangover'. then the next day i might be a bit moody/emotional but never that bad. nothing a bit of music can't cure anyway!
    i thought that the risk of drinking too much water was that you could OVERhydrate yourself. There was a girl who drank so much water that her brain swelled and she got brain damage or something. but she drank a stpuid amount, literally gallons./QUOTE]

A case most people my age or older would have heard of would be Leah Betts, one of the most famous tabloid stories about how "Ecstacy Kills".

She in fact died from drinking too much water, because she heard that when you do pills you should drink lots. Great idea when you are sweating your tits off dancing non stop in a club. Less so when you are at a house party.

And since MDMA is an antidiuretic (makes you pee less) so amplifies the effect of drinking too much water.
    silverhalo wrote:
    I imagine your opinion is fairly unlikely to effect whether or not the OP takes ecstasy, so your advice is pointless. If someone makes the choice to do it, then at least give them an informed choice. The "say no to drugs" mentality is fine for people who don't take them, but for everyone else it's no help at all.
    First time I did E I did a full pill of pink incredibles. It took a half hour to kick in and right after it hit i couldn't stop touching myself.. my pupils were huge.. my eyes bugged out (tremors).. hallucinated a bit. My comedown took two days.. depressed, shaky, no appetite. The second time I did a half pill. Much better.
    I think its best to err on the side of caution and take half a pill initially and then top it up an hour or so later if you feel good.

However, saying that, pills generally aren't like they used to be. Five to ten years ago, the quality of MDMA in them was far better ... and half would definitely sufficed for a first time.
    1983 wrote:
    See if you take it in the right environment it's fucking phenonemal.

Honestly. Take all your best night outs and roll them into a night on ecstasy. True you may feel like crap the day after or so, but JESUS. The night. The music, the people, the shit you chat, the want to dancedancedancedance and never ever stop. It's just....fuck man you can't describe it until you have a bash of it.

Not that I condone it or owt, but I'm glad I tried it and still involve it in my some of my big nights out. It makes your night fucking boss.

:yes: That's why they call it Ecstasy :D
    Teagan wrote:
    However, saying that, pills generally aren't like they used to be. Five to ten years ago, the quality of MDMA in them was far better ... and half would definitely sufficed for a first time.

See, I've been taking pills that long and havn't noticed any significant difference. You used to find more ketamine in pills than you do now, and I came across more bunk pills than I do now.

Also if you look at lab reports over the last ten years you won't find that sort of trend. If anything pills are more likely to contain MDA, MDMA or MDEA.

You usually find older users saying this, simply because once you've taken them so many times the novelty wears off and the experience loses some of it's gloss.
    Weekender Offender 
    May have been later than I expected but......

OH MY GOD

Best night of my life!
    welcome to the darkside lol :)
    Haha quality mate, glad you enjoyed it.
    indeedy...

Deceepool - what was the e you took?

It was white with a mickey mouse picture on it. Its on pill reports (i checked em out - safety first ;) ) No bad effects at all except aching legs after dancing so much.

Actually not dancing-flying. Fucking wonderful it was.