Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Price of the Pill!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill = free.....but i thought youd probably have to pay until i went on it....i agree about the its stupid slagging off the NHS thing because ive never had to pay for medical treatment of a high standard....(although i didnt see any1 on here slagging off the NHS?)
    I went to get some more of the pill today and in the doctors reception there were loads of Americans (just come over or the term at university) sayng how "Awesome" the service was.
    It's interesting how the people I most often hear defending the NHS are Americans working or studying in the UK... coming from a country which claims it 'leads the world in the provision of medical care and research'.
    It doesn't matter what something claims, When you pay $30 for some medicines or spend $200 just getting your vagina checked out because your insurance lapsed, paying &6 and free doctors visits is awsome. Its not even related to what kind of research or advancements goes on, its about cheap drugs.

Though tbh, I'd rather go to Canada :p
    What hacks me off is people who moan about paying £6.65, when they havent got a clue just how much theyre costing the NHS anyway.
    A small pharmacy i used to work in spent roughly £60k a month buying in drugs. We dispensed about 300 items a day, so that roughly equates to each single item costs £10.
    Some people pay £6.65 for a £3 antibiotic, others get over £150 of psychiatric meds for nothing.
    Yeah, I get my special silver dressings which are ~£30 a week on my prepayment prescription certificate.