Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Holidays this year?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Where is everyone going away this year?

I have nothing properly planned as yet but will probably go to Kos for a week or two in July to stay with my friend working out there.

Then I want to go somewhere far flung like Japan or Goa or the Maldives or something.

My poor credit card is going to get a battering. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im off for some winter sun on jan 24th to the dominican republic. 2 weeks all in.

Fuck Yeah
    The plan at the moment seems like we will be hitting up Sweden and Sicily in the next couple of months, and a few jaunts to Ireland I expect. All mostly family-related.

If possible I want to get back to Austria this year, too, and to Hamburg to visit my big bro.

In a dream world I'd be going to Melbourne to see my bestest bestie, but I think the chances are slim to none :(
    Either a trip around Europe or South America. Me and a couple of mates hope to have travelled the world in the next coming years.
    I'm off to portugal in Feb, probably will go somewhere else later on in the year as well...maybe Rome
    I'm planning to inter-rail round part of europe April/May. I'm really looking forward to it but I need to do some serious planning. Espicially as I need to book flights out and back, and want to get them as cheap as possible as the inter-rail tickets going to cost a lot on its own.

I might go back to Ireland again, have some very good family friends over there who live in the middle of nowhere and its bliss.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    No foreign adventures for me this year.

Am planning on visiting a ton of the UK though on a one week rail rover :D
    I'm hoping to take a trip to somewhere nice and warm (I think I'm going to the Caribbean) for a week after my exams in June with my mate.
    hopefully i'll be going to work abroad this summer! i'd like to go to malta but i'm not sure if it'll happen yet - i'd like it to so i should e-mail some more hotels really! that'll be a joint in holiday me thinks. :)
    London about April time and probably up north to see my folks a couple of times.

Watch out Alan Whicker, eh? :rolleyes:
    Spending a week on a barge in wales with my dad and his annoying girlfriend. I think i'll rip my eyeballs out.

May be going somewhere to europe in the summer with mum too.
    I'd love a week on a barge - with my mates and a lot of beer. Yessss.

Hopefully I'm going to get messy in Ibiza for a week or two in summer with my best pal. But I want to move out... so it's just a job of saving up enough to manage both!
    briggi wrote:

If possible I want to get back to Austria this year, too, and to Hamburg to visit my big bro.

I think I may be going back to Austria this year soon to visit some people.
    I was going to go to Ibiza in the summer with my mates but now I think we are going to the 'Hardcore Til I Die in the Sun' week in Spain, as long as my fucking exams don't fall in that week, which I have a fucking bad feeling that they might! :banghead:
    Want to go back to Amsterdam with my mates sometime before the summer too.
    I really want a holiday, even if it's a w/e away somewhere in the U.K. But it's not gonna happen. Haven't had a holiday for 25 years :(
    I wanna go on hols, somewhere aborad but no idea where to go or what to do :-(
    hopefully get a nice holiday in with the girlfriend if i can save enough money up, we'll be going to hong kong or japan if i have my way.

probably a couple of cheap weekends away with the lads as well, maybe Estonia and back to the dam.

gonna start planning soon.
    I don't know yet.

I supposed to be going on an american road trip in May but not entirley sure where to yet.

Then I'm going to India with work sometime in the next 3 months so was thinking of tacking on a holiday onto the end of that.

Then possibly a music festival either in this country or abroad - i'm particually up for the Exit festival in Serbia or SXSW in Austin (combined with rodeo in Huston) - but i'm not sure i could face the states 3 times in 6 months.

But then possibly Austrialia is on the cards as well with the husbands work so i'm not sure or possibly Colombia with mine, but I'm also up for marrakesch with a big group of friends or even somewhere in the UK. Arrghgh I dont' know I usually go on at least 6 holidays a year so I'm sure I will be going somewhere fun - i'm just a little disconcerted about not knowing I've normally got at least 2 trips planned by this point in the year.
    Wyetry wrote:
    Then possibly a music festival either in this country or abroad - i'm particually up for the Exit festival in Serbia or SXSW in Austin (combined with rodeo in Huston) - but i'm not sure i could face the states 3 times in 6 months.

i'll come to SXSW with you, put me down on the list.

ta hun!
    I will investigate.

Another possibility is the Burning Man Festival which I think is in Arizona!
    any1 know how to get a cheap holiday in America for a non student?
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I really want a holiday, even if it's a w/e away somewhere in the U.K. But it's not gonna happen. Haven't had a holiday for 25 years :(
    Ah no. I don't know how you do it. I'm not going on holiday this year either but I am moving to Madrid in September so I dont care.
    Doomsday wrote:
    any1 know how to get a cheap holiday in America for a non student?

Get a last minute deal to Orlando - if you are flexiable on where you fly to and don't mind leaving it to literally the last minuite you can easily get a flight for around £100 - 150
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    koe_182 wrote:
    hopefully get a nice holiday in with the girlfriend if i can save enough money up, we'll be going to hong kong or japan if i have my way.

hmmm....we will see.

I dont have any proper holidays planned, apart from the above :p but me and a friend have been saying for ages we would like to go away for the weekend to Edinburgh, maybe it will happen this year.

I was supposed to be having a hen weekend in bournemouth, but now its birmingham...:eek2:

As you can see, I am a huge jet setter...
    As usual, my intention is to finally manage to make it to Oktoberfest. I also owe a good mate of mine in Brussels a visit.

I doubt either will happen:(
    I would like for me and my boyfriend to go and stay with some friends in Finland. However as I have neither a passport nor any money, I doubt that will be happening!
    Kermit wrote:
    As usual, my intention is to finally manage to make it to Oktoberfest.

It's ages away so you've got plenty of time to save up... if it's something you've always wanted to do then don't be defeatist about it, put your foot down this year and make it happen! You can even get around work by flying out on Friday evening and coming back Sunday evening - although going for a couple of days in the week is better because it's not so busy and you might actually be able to make it into a beer tent. Sunday mornings are really quiet though (everyone's knackered after Saturday night) so you could use that to your advantage.
    sophia wrote:
    This is my plan for this year too. I've been meaning to go for years and I want 2007 to be the year I finally do it. I should get saving up.....

Can I come? :flirt:
    I'm not being defeatist, I just have a fair bit of credit card debt which I want rid of. Far more than I want a stein or ten of dunkelbier.

I think KHSS and her bloke would enjoy it too *hint*
    I'm going to swiss, verbier for the sports holidays. Can't wait!
    No :( :grump: