Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What wont you drink?

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Technically JD isn't bourbon, but it tastes much the same as many bourbons.

There's me thinking bourbon was just one of those choccy biccys! I could just eat ten of them :yum:
    Skive wrote:
    Cider's good because it's not taxed as much as other drinks and usually has a high alcohol content than most beers. Good all round then really.

I like proper cider, not the piss poor stuff sold in most places. This company I can get at the local farmers market and as its completly natural, gets me fucked after about one pint. :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I like proper cider, not the piss poor stuff sold in most places. This company I can get at the local farmers market and as its completly natural, gets me fucked after about one pint. :yes:

Scrumpys all right, but it's not good stuff to get pissed on or be drinking all night. It'l have you on the shitter all the next day, and give you a banging hangover.
    Filtered and carbonated ciders can be nice as long as their not too sweet like Woodpecker :yuck: though the sweet ciders are better for cooking.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Scrumpys all right, but it's not good stuff to get pissed on or be drinking all night. It'l have you on the shitter all the next day, and give you a banging hangover.

I cant drink most shop-brought normal ciders any more, I over did them when younger and they taste makes me feel very ill nowdays. Magners is nice, but I over did it once when in Ireland and the hangover was horrendous. I can drink the stronger Brothers ciders but thats about it.
    Strongbow is cheap, tastes nice and gets you really pissed! Amazing stuff.
    I'm not too keen on any beer, lager or anything like that. Oh yeah and malibu :yuck:
    I rarely have a cider, as they are not very popular over here. If a bar sells them (and that's not all too many) it's usually strongbow. It's a tad too sweet for me, and it gives you a headache the next morn that you can't look straight.

What exactly is cider? It has the taste like "Most". Most is the state of wine after it's juice, before it's "Sturm" and before it's actually wine. I reckon it's a beer and half-brewed wine mix? Egads, don't let me think about the Vienna Sturm days. That stuff is like pre-programmed puking and roundabout in your head.

There's much more beer mentality over here.
    Stiegl
    Gösser
    Wieselburger
    Ottakringer
    Kapsreiter

just to scratch the surface.
    :yum::yum::yum:
    Strongbow makes me very pissed very quick :yum:

I don't like the taste of beer, lager or most spirits though.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    StrubbleS wrote:
    What exactly is cider? It has the taste like "Most". Most is the state of wine after it's juice, before it's "Sturm" and before it's actually wine. I reckon it's a beer and half-brewed wine mix?

Fermented apples.
    And Perry is similar, except it's made using pears.
    Weekender Offender 
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Stiegl
    Gösser

I spent many a night in Austria drinking those! :yum:
    I love the Edelweiss (sp?) wheat beers aswell.
    Skive wrote:
    You're a sick man. :D

Coming from you, I appreciate it :D;)
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Strongbow is cheap, tastes nice and gets you really pissed! Amazing stuff.
    :yuck:
    It taste like watered down urine to me, not that I know what that tastes of mind
    Strongbow is watered down camel piss :grump: Although i'm probably just a grumpy bastard as the pub took out the scrumpy jack and replaced with, you've guessed it, Strongbow. Although the bonus is strongbow doesn't get me drunk, the downside is that scrumpy had more taste and was just my preferred option :)

I won't drink quite a lot of stuff to be fair. Lager, bitter, red wine or gin are my top four no no's.