Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Parents having sex

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I think so its not that I care about them having sex it bothers me that they don't give a shit about how I feel. And that I can't sleep :impissed:

I don't want to have a word because mostly she gets angry about it and says she can do what she likes. Bah
    Where abouts in Cardiff do you live?

I'm only 20 mins from Cardiff, glad not to live in the city though tbh.. what with having a young child etc.
    Hey,

Just like to say that i COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from.

My dad died just over a year ago, and it killed me to find out that my mum had moved on. Not just that but it was to her sisters ex husband, (my ex uncle!)

It hurt me so much to know that she had moved on so quickily, but i soon came to realise that if i wanted any type of relationship with my mum, i had to accept this.

Accepting it was hard enough, but then i went to stay, and had to sleep in the next room and heard them having it off. It upset me so much that she could do that, that i cried myself to sleep. It digusts me even now.

I don't think i'll ever forget that, and the lack of respect she showed me still hurts to this day.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My mum died died a year and half ago and my old man has already got himself a bird, though I've only met her a couple of times. She never comes to the house because she doesn't want to upset me and my sister.

Both my sister and I are quite happy for him though. He didn't wait long but I'm happy for him. He spent years lookign after my mum when she was ill with cancer, stressed to fuck. I don't want him to end up alone ans I'm sure my mum would be happy with it.
    Weekender Offender 
    In the first year of uni, we got this fucking hilarious phonecall off one of our mates who was really homophobic, when he could hear his gay flatmate fooling around with some guy in the room next to his. I just loved the panic and disgust in his voice.
    How fucking loud does sex have to be ffs! We always managed to keep it quiet when we needed to...
    I'd cringe at the thought of any of my family hearing me have sex!

My mums got a new boyfriend, but she's always round at his so i don't see much of her. So you can't win either way really.

Bang on the wall, turn some music up really loud. Ask her again?
    Six of one, half dozen of another.

1. It's her house.
    2. She does have the right to a sex life
    3. This seems to be the manifestation of your problem wit hhim (funny how you can make that word seem to rhyme with scumbag ;) )
    4. If you aren't there all the time then they would consider your feelings
    5. Instead of "having a go" at your Mum have you tried to talk to her calmly and in details about how embarrassed it makes you feel
    6. Failing that, bang on the wall.
    Where abouts in Cardiff do you live?

I'm in cathays cos I'm a student :yuck: but I'm hoping to move up to pontypridd next year. Where are you?

Thing is I was really happy for her when she found a new bloke, I was happy when her and my dad split up because they were unhappy. She asked if I was ok with him staying the night the first time and I said of course - its your life! And I was genuinley happy and excited to meet him And then that night I heard them. That to me was the ultimate disrespect from her boyfriend and that started me not liking him
    I think youre being petty tbh.
    I could understand it annoying you when you were living there, for sure, and obviously you moved out, which was the right thing to do, but you cant expect to be a guest in someone elses house and then them tiptoe around you.
    I *really* wouldnt have even DREAMED of going to stay with someone on their wedding night (unless i was marrying them) I actually think THATs a bit off. i would have booked a hotel or B&B at least for that night, if not the week.
    They should be able to remember their wedding night forever - and if that includes a bit of wild noisy sex, then so be it.
    I'm a student there's no way I could afford a hotel. She asked me to come and stay for it I'm hardly gonna book a hotel for a week.

And I'm not annoyed about them doing it on their wedding night! I'm annoyed that they do it all the time ! If it hadn't happened before then fine I wouldn't have been arsed. It wasn't a traditional huge wedding, there's no honeymoon or anything. It was a 15 minute ceromony with her kids and his kids and then a small meal at a resteraunt. It was purely for the convenience of being married (for finances, houses etc). The wedding has got NOTHING to do with how I feel about it
    SCC, it's easy to say that sort of thing when you're an independent adult. I know my brother and sisters were much easier with my dad remarrying than I was and that was most probably because they'd all already moved out and independent earning adults, they needed nothing from my dad anymore. Kangoo isn't a little kid, but she had to put up with all that shit when she was still a teenager, my dad at least was more respectful of my feelings.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    You sound like you'd like them to never have sex at all. It's as much their right as it is yours, just because she's your mother doesn't disqualify her from having a sex life. And I'll agree with SCC that even if you had no choice but go to their house, you shouldn't complain about it since it's their wedding night, no matter how long they've been together.
    In other times that you stay there they could be more considerate, this is true, but it's still their right not to.
    FFS, she was invited, it's not a "real" wedding, and all she wants is them to be a bit fucking quiter. Can't be that hard can it?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    FFS, she was invited, it's not a "real" wedding, and all she wants is them to be a bit fucking quiter. Can't be that hard can it?
    When did it say it wasn't a real wedding? I must have missed it, I just saw "They got married today".
    As for quieter, also true. Add that to my last paragraph in the previous post.

And as I said (maybe I didn't make it clear enough) it seems to me, based on what she has said so far, that she'd like them to never have sex at all.
    why isnt it a *real wedding*?

A wedding is a wedding whether its lavish or quiet.

I appreciate its annoying but I really think if you cant handle hearing your mum have sex, then dont come and stay for the wedding night because they *are* gonna have sex.
    Even just go out for the afternoon/evening - give them a few hours to themselves. Put your distaste for the guy to one side and let them at least have a wedding day shag without moaning about the noise.
    It's not "real" in kangoo's own words because it was for conveinience...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Even just go out for the afternoon/evening - give them a few hours to themselves.

At half 1 in the morning when she's got a viurs?
    I think the only excuse they have is that it's their wedding night, and for that reason yes I think they're entilted to bang away all night.

The fact that when she did live there as a teenager and had to put up with someone that's not even her father shagging her mum and keeping her awake is pretty damn rude, and even as guest on any other night it would be pretty damn rude.

Would you invite somebody over to stay and then keep them awake with noisy sex?

The problem is not that they're having sex, it's that it's keeping her awake.
    Weekender Offender 
    If my parents were shagging, which they won't be cos my parents have never and will never have sex, i'd be more embarrassed to hear them then angry. I'd just put tunes on if they were keeping me awake, although i agree it's a bit rude of them to carry on if you've already told them you've got a problem with it.
    do it back!

the girl in the room above me sometimes has loud sex i.e. her moaning and the bed making noises. fucks me right off - thankfully it doesn't happen very often but every single night i worry. :(

so yeh i'd hate it if i could hear my mum! i'd just turn the telly up and you have to appreciate that she has a sex life, too and i'm sure people have heard you at it before. :thumb:
    How hard is it for people to understand that it's not the sex, it's the fact that she's ill, she can't sleep, and it's not a new thing by any means?

I'm sure she wouldn't care if they were literally conjoined from dusk til dawn as long as she was able to sleep.
    I completley agree with Fiend.

I think Kangoo realises that they are going to have sex, but doesn't need the fact being made blatant to her. How would she feel if it was the other way round? I know a lot of mums shout at their kids for having the music too loud, or the TV too loud, never mind if her daughter was 'YES, YES, YES'ing' it all night. She needs to be more considerate. This isnt just a one off thing on their wedding night.

Its awkward enough to hear a friend banging away, but as i've siad before, when its your mum, its horrible.
    I think even if it is their wedding night its awful of them not to take her feelings into consideration, afterall its really not that hard to keep quiet when you're having sex its not as if you cant have sex at all, any couple sharing a house with someone else should really just shut up or use gags or whatever it takes. personally i get really embarrased when people hear me having sex...i cant imagine how bad id feel if it was someone in my family
    it doesn't happen very often but every single night i worry. :(

Exactly, you don't want to go to bed incase it happens
    i'm sure people have heard you at it before. :thumb:

Yeah probably! I understand the odd few times its a bit louder than you realise, and then the next day you think - oops and you don't do it again. I've always tried to keep quiet when I've been in a shared house

To the people who said this - of course I don't want them never to have sex! I just think its rude when they do it loudly because they're obviously not tryin to keep the noise down! I said in another post that I was very happy for them and didn't mind him staying at all - until I couldn't get any sleep and had to listen to them

Can we forget about the fact that its their wedding night that's got nothing to do with it. I'd be a lot more tolerable and I completly understand that they want to have sex on their wedding night but like I've said this has been happening since the first time he came to stay (first time I met him) and that they clearly aren't trying to keep it down which is what I find rude
    I must admit, I probably wouldnt be particularly enthused to have to hear it, but id see that as a reason not to stay tbh. I mean if theyre not even trying to keep the noise down at all, then thats probably a bit much, but it can be a bit difficult to have silent sex I think.
    Well I'm glad you've got enough cash that you can pick and chose whether to stay at your parents or stay in a hotel SCC.

Had it occured to you that Kangoo had little choice but to stay with her mum?
    well to be fair I did say hotel or b&b.
    Tbh though, if i had that much dislike for my mums partner and didnt even see it as a real wedding, then I probably wouldnt go to the ceremony.
    Nothing worse than having a guest that doesnt even want to be there!!
    kangoo wrote:
    of course I don't want them never to have sex!
    Sorry then, I misread your attitude.
    kangoo wrote:
    I'm in cathays cos I'm a student :yuck: but I'm hoping to move up to pontypridd next year. Where are you?

Thing is I was really happy for her when she found a new bloke, I was happy when her and my dad split up because they were unhappy. She asked if I was ok with him staying the night the first time and I said of course - its your life! And I was genuinley happy and excited to meet him And then that night I heard them. That to me was the ultimate disrespect from her boyfriend and that started me not liking him

I'm down near Llantrisant.. I don't mind cathays, quite nice I thought..Pontypridd is OK too though...

Are you a UWIC student then or Glam? Would make more sense to be in Ponty if you're studying in glam uni lol.. there's lots of student pads there too!! :)
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    It's not "real" in kangoo's own words because it was for conveinience...

Now hold on a minute, weren't you trying to argue in the p&d thread about cohabitation that peeps should just get married? Er, so therefore a marriage is just a marriage and means nothing else apart from the legal and financial aspect, for convenience in your own words, unless you've changed your opinion on that?