Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcohol poisoning?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What happens when you get this?
I've been drinking loads over the Christmas holidays and after a very drunk last night I woke up this morning feeling really ill and I keep wanting to puke, which I NEVER do. I've only puked once from alcohol in the last 5 years. I've also got like a burning sensation at the back of my throat and whenever I drink or eat something it really hurts. Just wondering is this alcohol poisoning or something else?

Comments

• Options
    Usual signs of alcohol poisoning are being sick, passing out, finding it hard to wake up and only being able to take short shallow breaths.
  • Options
    Well I keep wanting to be sick and it took me several hours to get up this morning. Haven't passed out though and I haven't noticed the short breath thing. The burning in my throat is really wierd though and starting to piss me off.
  • Options
    My mate had alcohol poisoning once. He said he couldn't move, was really cold all the time, constantly wanted to sleep and was shaking all the time.

Not so sure about the burning sensation though? Perhaps you just drank too much of the strong stuff :thumb:
  • Options
    Captain wrote:
    My mate had alcohol poisoning once. He said he couldn't move, was really cold all the time, constantly wanted to sleep and was shaking all the time.

Not so sure about the burning sensation though? Perhaps you just drank too much of the strong stuff :thumb:

Well I'm not quite that bad so I guess it's not alcohol poisoning!
    lol Yeah my mum said that, I was only drinking beer and cider last night though.
  • Options
    i've thought i've had alcohol posioning a couple of times. but i think it was just bad timing of a hangover and a virus.
  • Options
    the burning sensation sounds like heartburn. I went to the docs about it before and was told that excess drinking can cause it
  • Options
    When I get alcohol poisoning I get a shocking rash all over my face... sometimes my body too. I think everyone must react in different ways... thanks fuck it's only happened to me twice, haha.
  • Options
    I've had it once or twice after very heavy nights out, normally involes a lot of vomitting, unsteadyness on my feet, wanting to sleep, shaking, severe headaches etc. The symptoms do tend to vary from person to person though.
  • Options
    Heres this I found
    Signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning include:

Confusion, stupor
    Vomiting
    Seizures
    Slow or irregular breathing
    Blue-tinged skin or pale skin
    Low body temperature (hypothermia)
    Unconsciousness ("passing out")
    It's not necessary for all of these symptoms to be present before seeking help. A person who has become unconscious, or cannot be roused, is at risk of dying.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcohol-poisoning/DS00861
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    What happens when you get this?
    I've been drinking loads over the Christmas holidays and after a very drunk last night I woke up this morning feeling really ill and I keep wanting to puke, which I NEVER do. I've only puked once from alcohol in the last 5 years. I've also got like a burning sensation at the back of my throat and whenever I drink or eat something it really hurts. Just wondering is this alcohol poisoning or something else?
    its something else. i get that a lot after drinking.
    mind... i've been in hospital before now for alcohol poisoning.
  • Options
    Cheers for the help guys, I don't think I had alcohol poisoning, just drank a wee bit too much.
    Heartburn eh? :nervous:
  • Options
    "Never drinking again" would usually come out of my gob when I'm feeling like that the next day. Haha. Never, ever lasts. People say "that'll teach you" but ha not really :thumb:
  • Options
    I've had some pretty fucked up after effects of drinking. Waking up shaking, can't even hold a cup of tea. Fatigue also plays a part.
  • Options
    Yep, same, felt like i would prefer to die, blacking out multiple times, hard to breathe, shakes, pale, hot/cold flushes, the full works...

needless to say i started to calm it down a bit after that...