Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling fat after Christmas!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone else the size of a house after christmas? Looked in the mirror and gawd I've put on a bit over the festive season! To the gym for me I think! Damn chocolate and generous relatives :impissed:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    only way to be this time of year!
    ATM i feel the size of a house, but then i'm due to start my period so it's likely to be mostly water retention. I'll pass judgement on how much weight i need to lose next week, when the retention's gone.
    I had a vaugely flat stomach (well as flat as it's gonna get for me!) before Christmas but not any more.

People keep bringing chocolates round at work! Very hard to resist. And feel too tired to go to the gym in the week (and it's always raining and pitch black which doesn't exactly encourage you to go out without a car).

I have a date next week, need to get rid of the podge.

I've signed up to a six week fit club thing at fitness first with a personal trainer so hopefully that will help.
    Totally normal. I am always a beast at this time of year :D
    a mix of clubbing and being ill and i actually lost weight this xmas!
    I never really put on much weight and I eat alot of food.
    However I have started to develop a bit of a jelly belly over xmas, what with all the chocolate and beer.
    Any weight I do gain from eating and drinking though, I'll lose with a mad pill, speed and coke sesh anyway.
    lipsy wrote:
    i actually lost weight this xmas!
    Same here. I've lost 5lbs.

Really strange seeing as I've been stuffing my face. Probably because I haven't been out drinking every other night followed by a takeaway!

It will all pile back on next week though. Shame.
    Probably because I haven't been out drinking every other night followed by a takeaway!

I thought that was the idea of christmas?! :D
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Any weight I do gain from eating and drinking though, I'll lose with a mad pill, speed and coke sesh anyway.
    i'm not advocating illegal drugs (lol) but pills and coke do wonders for my waistline :flirt:
    lipsy wrote:
    i'm not advocating illegal drugs (lol) but pills and coke do wonders for my waistline :flirt:

lol, they really do though. I remember buying a nice pair of shorts in the summer of 2005 which fitted me fine. I then went on a mad week of taking pills, snorting speed and snorting cocaine and practically never eating, and as soon as I put my new pair of shorts on they fell down to my ankles.

Not a healthy way to lose weight though, as soon as you do start eating again you put it on very quickly.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    lol, they really do though. I remember buying a nice pair of shorts in the summer of 2005 which fitted me fine. I then went on a mad week of taking pills, snorting speed and snorting cocaine and practically never eating, and as soon as I put my new pair of shorts on they fell down to my ankles.

Not a healthy way to lose weight though, as soon as you do start eating again you put it on very quickly.
    lol well a week of it is a bit extreme. i just mean your friday and saturday nights out. all that dancing in stilettos has got to be good for me too. and then no appetite the next day.. then the day after that i can't eat that much because my stomach has shrunk.
    I thought that was the idea of christmas?! :D
    HAHA. I know. I don't go out as much at home as I do at University though.
    HAHA. I know. I don't go out as much at home as I do at University though.

I'll let you off then..! ;)
    lipsy wrote:
    all that dancing in stilettos has got to be good for me too.

lol Very true, I must lose loads of weight at raves, non-stop dancing til 6am! :D
    I've got fatter too :(
    I'll let you off then..! ;)
    Ha. I've just eaten a double cheese burger from Mc'Donalds so its allll gonna go back on :lol:
    I don't lose wait, but I don't gain much either. Basically I'm a twig, though noticing a beer belly coming on. Gotta get rid of that.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Basically I'm a twig,
    awww my twiglet :lol:
    Ha. I've just eaten a double cheese burger from Mc'Donalds so its allll gonna go back on :lol:

I just had a big tasty. :yum: I never put weight on either...! :thumb:
    :o If I remember rightly, Big Tasties have farrr too many calories in them and for a girl, it counts as almost half of their daily allowance!
    I've lost weight! But I have on purpose as I put some on, still some more to go and I join the gym soon, here's hoping I go!
    have not put weight on over Christmas but I feel I have. Feel really lazy and massive!!
    The scale tells me I'm about the same. I don't necessairly eat more at christmas as I eat alot all the time, I just eat different :p

Though half a week ago I was down about 7lbs, I stopped throwing everything and then some up and it all came back. I blame the Ram for having a very tasty seasonal beer.
    i thought that over the last term of uni and christmas time idve put on at LEAST a stone because ive been eating so much!!

but weighed myself yesterday and it turns out ive only put on 4lbs since the end of august!! was well impressed.. still doesnt stop me from feeling really fat tho cuz im still eating sooo much!!

i reeally crave a dominos pizza right now.. and its only 2 minutes down the road.. i really shouldnt tho :no: