Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair

Somebody stop me, I am having crazy urges to cut all my hair off or give myself a 5 year old girl fringe or something.

I've always trimmed my own hair (probably badly but I have a pathological fear of hairdressers so it's tough) and maybe it's just the being bored in work or something but I've got a feeling that when I get home I'm going to do something drastic with the scissors I use to cut the fat off bacon. Maybe it's "new year" syndrome, is this a very bad idea?

Mua ha ha.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you have nice hair!

But if you do feel you can't control the urge, i would get the hair dresser to do it, just because if iy was me i know i would bodge it up someway or another! But you may have more faith in your ability than me, so i dunno ;p
    I hate hairdressers too but you could ask around see who comes recomneded, and get them to start slowly taking saller chunks than nessiscery off, as we know they all like to go a little scissor happy (the beasts :p)
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote:
    I think you have nice hair!

:blush:

But yeah, I did it anyway as soon as I got in. Holed myself up in the bathroom and started chopping, the other half came in to take a leak and screamed. I think it looks good though, when I've given it a wash and don't look so much like a ropey old witch I might post a pic :thumb:
  • Options
    why do you have a fear of the hairdressers? i think you should go, maybe go to one recommended by a friend. :)
  • Options
    I had this urge once. One day after school i went round my mates and we had a laugh as she hacked my hair off (from like halfway down my back to just below my chin), safe in the knowledge that i had finished school and could get to the hairdressers the next day. Sadly i forgot the next day i had a GCSE exam and had to go into school looking like a twat.
  • Options
    I cut my hair a wee bit up at the tops cause I wanted more movement and oompf. It looks sexual when curly, and wavey like...but shite when straightened cause I had NO direction in where I chopped, haha. I was proper aimless.

I want summat drastic done with my mop too, was thinking bright red but it'd be a bitch to upkeep. But saying that BLEACHED blonde with a blunt fringe would look shit hot but maybe not on me.

GRRRRR.
  • Options
    I'd say keep the hair and layers long and maybe get a fringe something like this.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    BLEACHED blonde with a blunt fringe would look shit hot but maybe not on me.

GRRRRR.
    Ooh I think it would :heart:
  • Options
    I'm absolutely terrified of cutting my own hair. Always seem to make a balls up of it!
    Infact, I need a new hair cut.. something entirely different... hmmm.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Ooh I think it would :heart:

Hee hee, I knooooow, I'm proper tempted mate trust me. ;)
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I had this urge once. One day after school i went round my mates and we had a laugh as she hacked my hair off (from like halfway down my back to just below my chin), safe in the knowledge that i had finished school and could get to the hairdressers the next day. Sadly i forgot the next day i had a GCSE exam and had to go into school looking like a twat.

Gutted! :lol:

lucifer I've just never liked them. My best pal is a trained hairdresser and used to cut my hair on the very rare occasion I'd let her, but now she's on t'other side of the world I will only cut my own.

Becky go for it, I think platinum with a dead blunt fringe would look fucking spot on :thumb:
  • Options
  • Options
    I will only let my hairdresser since I was about 5 cut my hair, and I do my fringe between cuts if I need to. The only person I let near my hair is the colourist at the salon when I can afford highlights. Which I want done and cant. :grump:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Somebody stop me, I am having crazy urges to cut all my hair off or give myself a 5 year old girl fringe or something.

Are you EMO? If not, then yes very bad idea! Fringes rarely look good. Put the scissors down and step away.
  • Options
    Cut it short and dye it green - the colour of money!
  • Options
    Ive cut my own hair plenty of times. It nearly always used to end up much shorter than originally planned as I kept having to neaten it up, but apart from that, fine. Must admit there was once or twice when I thought *shit, what have I done?* though
    Im still a bit of a one for hairstyles on a whim though. I tend to think of soething and then go and get it done asap. Not so much for the DIY anymore.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Are you EMO? If not, then yes very bad idea!
    Ahahaa. I love how people think only emos have fringes or something. Jeeesus.

ETA: Um, This was actually posted by Y&S, didn't realise I was on Craig's account. :blush:
  • Options
    Ahahaa. I love how people think only emos have fringes or something. Jeeesus.
    :lol: yeah!
  • Options
    since I have longer-ish hair now, I thought about making a poll with StrubbleS 10 most retarded hair-looks and let you vote which one looks the crapiest.
    Like combing them in the middle all forward until they look really as if they were super fatty sticking to my forhead and combing the hair on the side of the head all upwards so It looks like I have hairy horns.

Then I made some kind of elvis hair wave...
    then a hitler comb-over..

Jesus, I have way to much fun making my hair look retarded in 15 different ways in the bathroom mirror before I make myself look like a sane human being again.

/edit:

about cutting my own hair.. We have a haircutting machine here. I remember I told myself, "well, long hair suck, I will use the application for the shortest hair." put it onto the machine, held my head down the sink and began to cut. When I came up again to look at my hair,.... "SHIT!!! Where are my hair?".. Well I had to go through with it, and I looked like I was going through chemotherapy.

now I always go to the hairdresser.... My auntie is one, so I always drive to her saloon to get it doen FOR FREE :D
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Are you EMO? If not, then yes very bad idea! Fringes rarely look good. Put the scissors down and step away.
    :confused:
  • Options
    YAY i got my hair redone just before new years cos i was borrrrrred!

I was, very dark brown, side parting, down to my bum length and can either be stright or curly.

Now it is about 4 inches shorter on main length, with layers cut in about 4 inches about longest length. Got goldy, honey coloured highlights, a side fringe down to my cheekbone, and feathering around the front :D (and can also be straight or curly)

YAY so happy to have a change
  • Options
    Bridget get this picture up NOW! I want to seeee!

I've got a fringe and I am certianly not emo, haha. I like my fringe... it's cute! I attempted to trim it myself the other day and yes, it's wonky. Haha :D