Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Good news from America

One of the most disturbing and dangerous organisations in the world is no more:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6189793.stm

May this continue and result in the complete political obliteration of the neo-con movement and its advocates, and thus the end of one of the darkest periods in contemporary history. :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank fuck, Zionist scumbags.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Thank fuck, Zionist scumbags.

I dont think it has really anything to do with Zionism, it was about power and money, much like all politics really, they were just a bit too open about their ways and means.
    budda wrote:
    I dont think it has really anything to do with Zionism, it was about power and money, much like all politics really, they were just a bit too open about their ways and means.

So their active lobbying for the Iraqi war had nothing to do with the protection of Israel?
    Yerascrote wrote:
    So their active lobbying for the Iraqi war had nothing to do with the protection of Israel?

I dont really follow you, are you assuming that Israel was being threatened by Iraq?

The PNAC pushed for the war on Iraq for a whole host of reasons, big contracts for arms companies for one, oil supplies, extention of US influence, movement of US troops out of Saudia Arabia, unfinished business.... the list goes on.
    budda wrote:
    The PNAC pushed for the war on Iraq for a whole host of reasons, big contracts for arms companies for one, oil supplies, extention of US influence, movement of US troops out of Saudia Arabia, unfinished business.... the list goes on.

And all this is such a quaint geo-political move don't you think to protect the interests of Israel at the same time. One only has to look at some of the main proponants of the PNAC to see the Zionist influence, Perle, Wolfowitz, Kristol and Abrams among others.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    And all this is such a quaint geo-political move don't you think to protect the interests of Israel at the same time. One only has to look at some of the main proponants of the PNAC to see the Zionist influence, Perle, Wolfowitz, Kristol and Abrams among others.

Of course there was that too, but to suggest its purely all about Israel is myopic, there were lots of people backing the war and therefore lots of personal reasons. Personally I think the cost is one of the key factors, its been a really really expensive venture, dont underestimate plain and simple greed.
    budda wrote:
    Of course there was that too, but to suggest its purely all about Israel is myopic, there were lots of people backing the war and therefore lots of personal reasons. Personally I think the cost is one of the key factors, its been a really really expensive venture, dont underestimate plain and simple greed.

I didn't suggest it was purely about Israel. I just called them what they are, Zionist scumbags. If Iraq went swimmingly then you'd see a lot more of this Americanization across the globe, thank fuck it didn't.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I didn't suggest it was purely about Israel. I just called them what they are, Zionist scumbags. If Iraq went swimmingly then you'd see a lot more of this Americanization across the globe, thank fuck it didn't.

Some of them might be Zionist scumbags, others are just plain normal scumbags, their position on Israel is somewhat secondary in my view of them.

As for Iraq, frankly I'd much rather it had gone well than whats happened.
    budda wrote:
    Some of them might be Zionist scumbags, others are just plain normal scumbags, their position on Israel is somewhat secondary in my view of them.

As for Iraq, frankly I'd much rather it had gone well than whats happened.

Well before we argue in circles, let me just say, do not underestimate the influence of Zionism in that movement.

I don't really understand that second comment, if Iraq went well, America would have had no hesitation in invading Iran. Sooner of later, their whole plan would have back fired and I'm glad it was sooner, even though Iraq is one shit hole of a place at the moment.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I don't really understand that second comment, if Iraq went well, America would have had no hesitation in invading Iran. Sooner of later, their whole plan would have back fired and I'm glad it was sooner, even though Iraq is one shit hole of a place at the moment.

You may well be right about Iran, I just cant be happy about the state Iraq is in.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    budda wrote:
    You may well be right about Iran, I just cant be happy about the state Iraq is in.

I am not happy either. I'd rather the whole bunch of Zionist's didn't go in at all, and indeed, that they were not running America. But we can't have it all.

In a way, Iraq was a terrible, but necessary event, or I daresay the whole Mid-East would be well on the way to oppression right now.

Iran might well have saved us from American/Israeli domination, but I still wouldn't approve of thier style of running things.

I daresay this American Century is a pipe dream now it's all tits up in the US of A.
    Yes, I am biased - but I find it extremely worrying how Zionism and Israel has become such negative-loaded words on this forum.
    At the end of the day Israel is a country.
    And Zionism is the notion that the Jewish people deserves a home-land. No more. The ideology does not state anywhere, anything about achieving world-domination.

It worries me, that at this stage, it seems as if the opinion of anyone supportive of the Jewish state isn't considered to be legitimate when it comes to politics.
    The same old discredited Jewish conspiracies, replaces Jew with Zionist. :rolleyes:

I'd love to hear how the Iraq War has benefited Israeli interests.
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    It worries me, that at this stage, it seems as if the opinion of anyone supportive of the Jewish state isn't considered to be legitimate when it comes to politics.

I don't mind them having a country, despite the fact they had no need to, or right to, claim one.

Perhaps it is discredited when you look at thier actions since recieving that country, as they have been nothing but violent, expansive, and indeed, downright dangerous to anyone in the neighbouring vacinty of Israel.

You know, we condem nearly every other country on the planet if they invade nad occupy someone elses land? Why is Israel exempt from this? (As well as China.)
    china props up the world economy which is why their shenanigans is ignored.

israel, well they can fight our proxy wars for us i guess so we arm them to the teeth, who cares if they knock down palestinian homes and turn kids into orphans?
    china props up the world economy which is why their shenanigans is ignored.

israel, well they can fight our proxy wars for us i guess so we arm them to the teeth, who cares if they knock down palestinian homes and turn kids into orphans?

And if only that was the least of what Israel did.

I guess Tibet is pretty much dead now China is moving in... shame. Prepare for lots of factories.

Israel soon, I hope, won't be getting free/cheap US military tech with the state of the Federal Reserve and thier Economy... it'll be too expensive to do so for them soon enough. Which means Israel won't get cash selling it to China.

Which means they may soon stop thier violence. One can hope, right?
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Yes, I am biased - but I find it extremely worrying how Zionism and Israel has become such negative-loaded words on this forum.
    At the end of the day Israel is a country.
    And Zionism is the notion that the Jewish people deserves a home-land. No more. The ideology does not state anywhere, anything about achieving world-domination.

one question, deserve a 'homeland' at the expense of whoever was there before, without paying due course to the law?

and yes i recognise israel is surrounded by people who hate it's very existence, but at the same time the israeli governments past and rpesent havent done enough to passify them diplomatically