Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drinking games

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got some ideas? Mine are all a bit old, and not that entertaining.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    fuzzy duck
    beer pong
    ring of fire!

21 game
    Call me old fashioned, but to me the drinking is secondary to the evenings entertainment, not the entertainment itself.
    lipsy wrote:
    ring of fire!

I have played that once before... I dont really remember it though, I know I ended up getting really battered though so it must be good!
    The Thumb Game

The name game

Trivial Persuit!
    Most drinking games aren't fun until you're all drunk :p

Been a couple years since I"ve even drank with anybody else, I think I remember a couple, I"ll probably miss out on the important parts

Beer pong, like ping pong. You can have teams or just one on one. Have about 6 glasses/shots on each side and a ping pong ball. Bounch it, if you make it in a cup the other person has to drink it.

A real simple one, for once your sloshed, each roll a dice, whoever has the lowest drinks. Can get funny when you can't see.

Spoons, you deal out all the cards, between 4-7 people I think are the best. Point is to get all 4 cards of the same. Dealer says pass, you all pass one card at a time. FIrst person to get their 4 grabs a spoon (obviously you have one less spoon than that of the people playing) if you see someone grab a spoon then you do, then its a race to grab them. Loser drinks

I've never... drink if you have done what the person says they havn't

Tons of movie/tv games. For example, Cheech and Chong, anytime anyone says man, drink

watch happy gilmore, like each time shooter says jackass you drink, or each time happy throws his clubs you drink... stuff like that.

Other ones in that catagory is, Futurama, drink when the prof says good news everybody, bender drinks... family guy when quagmire says giggity, one for a flashback, stewie talking with random adults

Actually, I found this
    http://www.ringthis.com/tvdrink/tv.php

And not a drinking game, but drunken monopoly is always grand, though sometimes violent.
    Wyetry wrote:
    Trivial Persuit!

trivial persuit with vodka got me evicted, not a good idea.

ones i recommend are Mushroom and Kings, both need a deck of cards, and are class games. cant be arsed typing the rules but if you do a search you'll find them.

quality games.
    Don't play games with drinking, it's a serious business :razz:

We usually end up playing the usual ones - "Never Have I Ever", 21, Fuzzy Duck or The Boat Race (two teams basically drink in a relay, first person downs theirs and puts the glass upside down on their head then the next and the next. Winning team decides the forfeit of the others :D)

sophia we play "Roxanne" too, I love it!
    I remember in halls last year an American student took his family over and taught us beer pong, good fun but a bit gay. Only other one I've played is Fuzzy Duck which is alright, we're not really into drinking games, something really gay about them IMO.
    JamesZero wrote:
    I have played that once before... I dont really remember it though, I know I ended up getting really battered though so it must be good!
    its also known as CIRCLE OF DEATH! :lol: i think i can remember most of the rules. it is a really fun game!

lay out a pack of cards face down in the shape of a circle. every player must have a strong drink in front of them (which of course will need to be topped up throught the game).
    each player takes turns in picking a card. Each number has a different rule:

2 through to 5. - The player drinks that number of drinks

6 through to 9 - The player picks out someone else (can be more than one person) to share the number of drinks. e.g. you get a 9 so Tom has to drink 6 and Sarah has to drink 3.

10 -Social! everyone drinks

Jack - the Thumb Master. Whoever picks this card has to subtely put their thumb down onto the table at some point during the game and keep it there until everyone else has noticed this and also put their thumb down. the last person to do it has to drink.

Queen - Question Master. Whoever gets asked a question by the Question Master has to reply by asking another question. if they don't then they have to drink.

King - Category. The player thinks of a category e.g. Car models. Everyone takes a turn in naming a car model and whoever can't think of one must drink.

Ace - Rule. The player creates a new rule and whoever breaks it must drink. e.g "No one is allowed to say the word DRINK from now on" or "Whenever you take a drink you must stand on one leg"

:D
    Spoons is good, manic but fun.

I have never is good for embarassing people, down side is though the squeaky clean among the group stay sober which is never the point.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I remember in halls last year an American student took his family over and taught us beer pong, good fun but a bit gay. Only other one I've played is Fuzzy Duck which is alright, we're not really into drinking games, something really gay about them IMO.

ive got a mate who went to uni in america and when he's home we always play beer pong, i find it quite good fun. also another one is flip cup.
    Never Ever is a good game coz its when you usually find out your girl friends masturbate or other such sexcrets
    lipsy wrote:
    its also known as CIRCLE OF DEATH! :lol: i think i can remember most of the rules. it is a really fun game!

lay out a pack of cards face down in the shape of a circle. every player must have a strong drink in front of them (which of course will need to be topped up throught the game).

6 through to 9 - The player picks out someone else (can be more than one person) to share the number of drinks. e.g. you get a 9 so Tom has to drink 6 and Sarah has to drink 3.

Jack - the Thumb Master. Whoever picks this card has to subtely put their thumb down onto the table at some point during the game and keep it there until everyone else has noticed this and also put their thumb down. the last person to do it has to drink.

Queen - Question Master. Whoever gets asked a question by the Question Master has to reply by asking another question. if they don't then they have to drink.

King - Category. The player thinks of a category e.g. Car models. Everyone takes a turn in naming a car model and whoever can't think of one must drink.

Ace - Rule. The player creates a new rule and whoever breaks it must drink. e.g "No one is allowed to say the word DRINK from now on" or "Whenever you take a drink you must stand on one leg"

We used to argue sooo much about the different Ring of Fire rules.

We set it up the same as you, but put a pint glass in the middle of the circle of cards.

2 and 3- black cards, you'd drink that many 'fingers' of your drink, red cards you nominated someone to drink that many fingers.

4 - Whores - all the girls drink

5 - you give out five shots - could be one shot to five people, three shots to one and two to another, five shots to one person, whatever you fancied.

6 - Dicks - all the blokes drink (If it was an all girls group we'd split the table into two groups to decide who got 6s and who got 4s)

7 - Put your hand up. The last person to put their hand up has to drink

8 - Toilet card! You can only leave the table if you have a toilet card. You can trade your toilet card with someone by giving them a forfeit, making them down their drink first, etc

9 - Rhyme - You say a sentence. The next person has to say a sentence rhyming with it, and so on til someone can't make a rhyme. They then drink.

I can't remember specifics for Jack and Queen, we used to change them - we had catagories and questions, like lipsy. We also had nominating someone to answer a personal question.

King and Ace - I cannot believe there are versions of Ring of Fire that don't have these rules!

King - If you pick up one of the first three kings, you put about a third of a pint of your drink into the pint glass in the middle of the ring of cards. If you pick up the fourth king, you have to down the drink. If you pick up a card and break the ring, you also have to down it. This is foul as anything when you're all drinking different drinks. We used to play it with two decks as well, so you'd end up with up to seven different spirits in one pint glass.

Ace - Waterfall! Everyone starts drinking at the same time. You can't stop drinking until the person on your right stops drinking, the person who picked up the card being the first one allowed to stop.

There's loooads of different rules, but it's a well good game is that!

21s is also pretty good, as is Never Have I Ever (especially if you don't know everyone really well, good fresher's game!). I've also played threeman before (I didn't really understand it, except that there were loads of daft rules and every time a three was rolled, I had to drink - was hammered!), and Riding the Bus.
    lipsy wrote:

Yeah it was very similar to that, slightly different on some of them...
    I remember on the thumbs one it was a case of you could do any sort of gesture as long as it was relatively obvious.

Also there was one rule where someone gets a card (I dont remember which number it was) and everyone starts drinking, you can only stop drinking when the person to your left has stopped. Starting with the person who got the card. It was annoying when you were at the end and some wankers wanted to go on and on and on!

Was a fun game, but I was wrecked from the night before when I started playing so it got pretty messy.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Used to play fuzzy duck a lot with a bottle of Birch Sap Wine - that was good fun.
    Weekender Offender 
    Anyone got some ideas? Mine are all a bit old, and not that entertaining.

I probably know two dozen, but it would take ages to describe, so I give you a little tip that you can ALWAYS play while playing other drinking games:

Give yourself different names, or something, and whenever someone adresses a person at his or her right name, it's a shot. there are many of those little things you can do, to make every kind of game more difficult.
    I like random things that can be done at any moment during the evening to supplement the drinking games.
    A recent favourite is the option of any person to, during the course of events, sing (in an appropriate high-pitched voice)... 'Everybody Dance Now!'.
    Anyone failing to dance, or failing to dance in rhythm, or having a shit dance (as judged by a kangaroo court) must drink.
    Thumbmaster is another amusing one... placing the thumb on a part of someone elses anatomy is always entertaining as people rush to put their thumb on your friend's ear.
    For good old-fashioned drinking games:
    Vingt-et-un
    (If you don't know, say a direction and start counting from one, any amount of numbers between one and five.... one number passes in direction you're heading, two numbers reverses, three, same direction and skip one, four, reverse and skip one, five, back to the person who started. Person who has to say '21' must drink.)
    Can be substituted in various amusing ways.
    Roman Numerals is a popular one, substituting all of the numbers for the roman numeral equivalent. Especially annoying in medical schools where medicalisation is banned and as such, the number 4 (IV) is met with fining.
    Or roman numeral style... but I is replaced with 'No!', V is replaced with 'Daddy!' and X is replaced with 'Don't touch me there!'
    Resulting in the sequence 14, 15, 16 being replaced with...
    'Don't touch me there! No! Daddy! Don't touch me there! Daddy! Don't touch me there! Daddy! No!'
    I would actually get so confused playing half these games!
    Captain wrote:

Lol same here
    Not a drinking game as such but truth or dare whilst drunk is fun!
    Also, if you take drugs......GHB is known for making you tell the truth, things you wouldn't normally say so truth (the dares might be hard to do) is fun!
    Captain wrote:
    haha. yeh but you get confused and then do it wrong and then you have to drink more!
    Lil Laura wrote:
    We used to argue sooo much about the different Ring of Fire rules.

We set it up the same as you, but put a pint glass in the middle of the circle of cards.

2 and 3- black cards, you'd drink that many 'fingers' of your drink, red cards you nominated someone to drink that many fingers.

4 - Whores - all the girls drink

5 - you give out five shots - could be one shot to five people, three shots to one and two to another, five shots to one person, whatever you fancied.

6 - Dicks - all the blokes drink (If it was an all girls group we'd split the table into two groups to decide who got 6s and who got 4s)

7 - Put your hand up. The last person to put their hand up has to drink

8 - Toilet card! You can only leave the table if you have a toilet card. You can trade your toilet card with someone by giving them a forfeit, making them down their drink first, etc

9 - Rhyme - You say a sentence. The next person has to say a sentence rhyming with it, and so on til someone can't make a rhyme. They then drink.

I can't remember specifics for Jack and Queen, we used to change them - we had catagories and questions, like lipsy. We also had nominating someone to answer a personal question.

King and Ace - I cannot believe there are versions of Ring of Fire that don't have these rules!

King - If you pick up one of the first three kings, you put about a third of a pint of your drink into the pint glass in the middle of the ring of cards. If you pick up the fourth king, you have to down the drink. If you pick up a card and break the ring, you also have to down it. This is foul as anything when you're all drinking different drinks. We used to play it with two decks as well, so you'd end up with up to seven different spirits in one pint glass.

Ace - Waterfall! Everyone starts drinking at the same time. You can't stop drinking until the person on your right stops drinking, the person who picked up the card being the first one allowed to stop.

There's loooads of different rules, but it's a well good game is that!

21s is also pretty good, as is Never Have I Ever (especially if you don't know everyone really well, good fresher's game!). I've also played threeman before (I didn't really understand it, except that there were loads of daft rules and every time a three was rolled, I had to drink - was hammered!), and Riding the Bus.

Those are the rules I've always used amongst my friends I think. Quality drinking game, but you need someone with their head screwed on, to keep reminding you what has to be done. Usually they're the biggest piss-head there because they've played it so many times!