Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drunken Headbanging

This is going to make me sound like a right prat, but never mind. I went out on Wednesday night and had rather a lot to drink (2 bottles of wine and some baileys too). I hadnt eaten much, and was therefore completely wrecked-I can't remember a lot of stuff, but there are some bits I do remember. One bit I remember was falling over into the road on the way home (yes, I know), and banging the back of my head quite hard on the kerb.

Its now Friday, and I have a lovely lump on the back of my head, and I feel really odd, sort of hazy. I have done since I got up yesterday morning, when I figured it was just my hangover. Is it likely to still be alcohol related and need another good nights sleep, or do you think it might have something to do with my headbanging incident? I'm only worried because I don't remember being like this still 2 days later in the past after my drunken escapades, although the day after it comes part and parcel of the hangover usually, and clears up after a few hours.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Head injury and hazy is never a good combination.

Do you live alone or with other reliable adults? If you live alone you should definitely get it checked out, no question. If you live with someone sensible who would notice and do something if you went a bit funny then you should probably still get it checked out but it's up to you.
    I do live alone. Whats the best thing to do with regard to checking it out then? I wouldn't get a doctors appointment today for love nor money, that and I'm at work until 4:30pm so can't reallt do much before then.
    You got a walk in centre nearby? That would do the trick nicely.

Or ring up your doctor and ask for an urgent appointment this afternoon and see what they say. Ours has ones they release at lunchtime and they are usually the last ones of the afternooon.
    Unfortunately my nearest walk-in centre is about 50 miles away :(

I'll give the doctors a ring and see what they say if thats the case with appointments like that. Thanks :)
    You could always walk into A&E, head injuries are the sort of thing you need to take seriously.
    Please do go to A&E any kind of head injury associated with drinking and definatley if yoru feeling hazy.

Someone I do guides with told me a story about a young man who had a couple of pints fell over and hit his head and was very briefly unconcious but came round and said he felt fine and didnt' need to see the doctors. Unfortunatly he died the next day.
    I think you may have a little concussion. I remember when my head was being kicked by a couple guys I got up in the morning and thought, "ahhh damn hangover". That day I noticed brusing round one of my eyes and still had a bit of a headache and felt a bit weird/spaced out so went to the hospital and they told me I had mild concussion.

As long as your not vomiting or passing out then your probably be ok, but you best try and see your GP to put your mind at rest. Phone the docs and tell them you really think you'd like to see someone as you have sustained a head injury and are a bit worried, lay it on a little thick if needs be.

Just make sure you avoid alcohol at all cost for a week or so (alcohol & concussion can cause some nasty stuff to happen if you start drinking according to my GP).
    If you've not got a handy walk in centre and you can't see the GP and still feeling hazy then it's A&E for you young man.
    Quick update: I phoned the docs up and they managed to fit me in for an appointment, after some questioning and stuff they said I'm most likely fine and just make sure I see someone straight away if things get worse with either headaches or dizziness.
    Glad to hear it, and was pretty predictable what they'd say, now make sure you do get back in touch if anything changes.