Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the week?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
It's time for the first post of the week comp of 2007 :yippe:

I've already had one nomination - January Sales Bargains
Kangoo again
But do you know what annoyed me the most about the sales this year? Was it the long queues? No. The rude women elbowing you out the way to grab the best bargain first? No (well a little bit). The thing that pissed me off the most was the fucking men! Or more accuratly the women that had dragged them there. I could hardly get to the clothes racks in topshop for the bored men traipsing after their partners, arms full with sale bargains. I couldn't move for the fuckers. The poor things didn't know where to stand, everywhere they went they were in the way. They don't want to be there. WE don't want them to be there. Sales time is for women. For the love of god just leave the men at home!

What other posts have caught your attention? If no-one else nominates anything from the making an ass of yourself thread then I'm sure I will :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soraliah wrote:
    umm would probably have to be a few weeks ago at a mates' 21st birthday.

got veery very drunk and ended up having to be carried half the way back to another mates house - and when i did actually walk on my own i fell over and fell into some dog shit :( had it aaall over my left leg. .. of course, i didnt actually realise this until i got to the house and everyone started laughing at me

THEN i thought it would be a good idea to take my trousers off in the living room in full view of everyone instead of being clever and doing it in the toilet like a normal person.. so everyone had a really good look at my celulite covered ass

oh yeah, before i got to the house i also bought some chips from the chippy which were in this sort of cone thing made out of newspaper - in my drunkeness i made a hole in the bottom of it and continued to 'search' the cone for chips, at the same time as they were all falling out the bottom of it.

sooo all in all, a pretty bad night!!

From here.

'i fell over and fell into some dog shit' It just makes me laugh every time i read it :D
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    That 1st one is possibly one of the most sexist things I've read in a long time :eek2:
    Has it only been a week since last POTW? Kermit made a post about cats which made me laugh so much but I forgot to bookmark and can't remember which thread it was in!
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    That 1st one is possibly one of the most sexist things I've read in a long time :eek2:

Indeed. Men go sales shopping to. :grump: Except for us its more like:
    1. In.
    2. See clothes.
    3. Buy Clothes.
    4. Out.

None of this faffing about trying on things we wont buy!
    It's hardly sexist, I thought it was great and very true! Anyway she's sympathising with the poor blokes who are dragged along unwillingly only to stand around like tins of milk. Rather than the ones who are scratting about in the sales themselves!

Can't make a perfectly valid comment about men now without being fingered as a sexist pig. Bloody Nora, nowt like whinging on like a bunch of women*

*that was ironic sexism for those who might now need to wring out their knickers :)
    Exactly. I wasn't annoyed with the men, it wasn't their fault they'd been dragged along to be human clothes rails for a day. Poor little mites

Anyway this made me laugh
    Kermit wrote:

The cats will know what it is, but they love to torment.

They're all fluffy satans.

My mum's bought our little fluffy bag of shite a present...God knows what she'll be like with grandkids :nervous:

From here http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=109711&page=3
    this one
    I wondered how you knew they were getting married.

Then I remembered what fiance meant. :o
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote:
    this one
    Agreed!
    :o
    I second my own :p
    I second my own :p

And that stripy hobag's one!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ballerina wrote:
    this one

Where is KHSS from? :)

Oh and Kangoo, it's actually two weeks as yours went up just before Chrimbo - you lucky thing!
    Dr Pirate wrote:

I read that as sexiest, and thought 'well, whatever floats your boat'.
    Addict wrote:

same here, heh...
    Addict wrote:

I read it like that too, i thought he was being sarcastic, and i still did think it said that until you just pointed it out and i re read it :p
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    It's hardly sexist, I thought it was great and very true! Anyway she's sympathising with the poor blokes who are dragged along unwillingly only to stand around like tins of milk. Rather than the ones who are scratting about in the sales themselves!

:yes: Exactly
    **Helen** wrote:
    :yes: Exactly

But to be controversial:
    Sales time is for women. For the love of god just leave the men at home!

If we play with some words:

Sales time = The workplace.

Men = women.
    The workplace is for men. For the love of god just leave the women at home!

But I didn't necessarily see it as sexist, just like to stir things up a bit :angel:
    Where the fuck did "the workplace" come from? Now THAT is a sexist train of thought, the fact that you automatically think of shops being to women what the workplace is to men :p

It's mountains of molehills, but anyone with two brain cells to spark off each other could tell she was talking about surplus-to-requirement men spaffing around in women's shops or other places they clearly didn't belong or want to be. Come on fellas and strap on a pair, surely you weren't all deeply wounded by the little rant... were you?

ANYWAY.
    briggi wrote:
    Where the fuck did "the workplace" come from? Now THAT is a sexist train of thought, the fact that you automatically think of shops being to women what the workplace is to men :p

It's mountains of molehills, but anyone with two brain cells to spark off each other could tell she was talking about surplus-to-requirement men spaffing around in women's shops or other places they clearly didn't belong or want to be. Come on fellas and strap on a pair, surely you weren't all deeply wounded by the little rant... were you?

ANYWAY.

Not at all. I cerainly wouldn't use that workplace comparison!

I'd say men at the shops with their girlfriends is a little like girls at football with their boyfriends. That's a more harmless comparison. :p
    briggi wrote:

ANYWAY.

Like I said, I wanted to be controversial. This isn't the thread really. I said the workplace because I thought it would be the thing that would get people most inflamed :p.
    Well hardly a fair comparison as the workplace is made better by women being there where as WOMENS clothes shops are not made better by men!
    Surely I've posted something totally awesome this week? No? Nevermind.
    Renzo wrote:
    Indeed. Men go sales shopping to.
    Not around girls clothes shops though. Well, most of them.
    I agree with the sales post- I got dragged to Monsoon last night when all I wanted to do was go to B&Q and play with the power tools :D
    Addict wrote:

lol, I did that as well actually