Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tidy tape exercise 'is madness'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They'd have travel finding my desk beneath all the rubbish on it...
    Haha, one of my pals was telling me about that this afternoon. He's not a happy bunny :lol:
    I think the appropriate response from workers up and down the land should be to buy one of these and fire them at anyone who attempts to tell them how to keep their desk

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/usb-missile-launcher/index.html
    Aladdin wrote:
    I think the appropriate response from workers up and down the land should be to buy one of these and fire them at anyone who attempts to tell them how to keep their desk

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/usb-missile-launcher/index.html
    :lol:
    The only reason you would ever need to keep your desk tidy is if there's things on there that other people need to use. Otherwise it's a waste of time in my opinion. Hence my desk at work is a shit tip.
    Surprised no-one has mentioned the apparent "cost" of this exercise..
    Surprised no-one has mentioned the apparent "cost" of this exercise..
    Actually that's the main thing that shocked me.
    This is actually my desk - I don't think there's even room for pens let alone black tape

staffroom6.gif
    My desk is 'organised chaos' and homely. I know where everything is and it would take longer for me to do stuff if it was all put in drawers etc.
    A tidy desk is a sign of mental illness, IMHO.

Still, £7.4m to tell Civil Servants where to stick their pens...its a bargain, isn't it?
    Kermit wrote:
    Still, £7.4m to tell Civil Servants where to stick their pens...its a bargain, isn't it?

That's how much the union was saying the scheme is costing, but do they mean just the black tape for the pens or the whole thing?
    Given the reliability of Government procurement, I bet the bloody gaffer tape cost that.
    Kermit wrote:
    Given the reliability of Government procurement, I bet the bloody gaffer tape cost that.

If it falls under the Home Office they would be lucky to get one roll for that much, dont they have an overdraft of about £250m and their accountants wont sign off on their accounts?
    Well the whole Government is bankrupt, really.

That's why they're bringing in on-the-spot fines for anything and everything.
    Kermit wrote:
    Well the whole Government is bankrupt, really.

Shhhh, you'll attract seeker.

You're right though, the whole operation only continues because people think it will continue.
    No, I mean the Government is literally bankrupt. The tax coming in can't pay the debts going out.
    Kermit wrote:
    No, I mean the Government is literally bankrupt. The tax coming in can't pay the debts going out.

Oh well, Britain PLC is a sort of going concern, maybe we can go to the global market and see if anyone wants to take over.

Either that or Gordan can borrow a few billion more.