Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

suggestions please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whats the best serum && straightening cream stuff?

for dark/coloured hair =]

thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I use Mark Hill straightening balm for poker straight hair, obviously when used with straightening irons.
    pinkvans wrote:

thanks.

I would recommend Paul Mitchell Heat Seal (bought from a hairdressers) which is a spray which you spray on your hair before straigtening it. My hairdressers told me to use it and she swears by it herself!
    i always use tigi bed head serum. it costs £12 but you need such a tiny amount that it lasts for ages. i have really thick hair too.
    lipsy wrote:
    i always use tigi bed head serum. it costs £12 but you need such a tiny amount that it lasts for ages. i have really thick hair too.

I have heard good things about that. Where do they stock it?
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I have heard good things about that. Where do they stock it?
    all good hairdressers will stock Tigi products. :) its called 'Girl Toys Tigi Bedhead Shine Serum' and looks like a small round blue ball with a bright green applicator.
    lipsy wrote:
    all good hairdressers will stock Tigi products. :) its called 'Girl Toys Tigi Bedhead Shine Serum' and looks like a small round blue ball with a bright green applicator.

ah, I know which one now. Ta
    try looking on ebay - i've bought some of my tigi products from someone who has an ebay shop selling stuff. it's an actual salon as well. sometimes you get it cheaper with p&p too and sometimes sellers will have free p&p and most do a buy it now feature so you're not waiting ages.

http://www.tigihaircare.com/uk/whatsnew/ if you wanted to have a look at some of their products.
    I use tigi catwalk fahsionista smooth and shine, along with paul mitchel heat seal at the minute. You can buy all salony sort of brands online. www.lookfantastic.com is where i get most of mine and they always arrive with in 2 days and most of the time they put free samples and stuff in the box which is always nice :thumb:
    pinkvans wrote:

thanks.
    In terms of serum its important to use the right "richness" for your hair type. If you have fine hair then a light mist serum is best (I've got a lovely Calkin Klein one) but if your hair is thicker then you'd need a much richer and thicker serum. You can get ones in between too. If it's too rich for your hair type it will leave your hair looking greasy but one too light will be ineffective.
    ruby_soho wrote:
    I use tigi catwalk fahsionista smooth and shine
    I had this one once, it was really good :yes: