Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I thought it would be a good year..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..how wrong am i !!

(**Warning Rant coming**)

[Rant]
I work for a blue chip company in the IT department, im the first line support. I love it here, i was so pleased to get a great salary and be challenged at work. Ive met a load of cool people and learnt a lot. I won an award and we get praised a lot for our hard work etc.

My big boss came in today, to tell us that the so called no hope outsourcing bid has just been reviewed...and is now likely to go ahead ! It wouldnt be so bad if what i was told would happen was going to. I was told that the new company would employ us and we would just go on working as normal. Now my job will be based in Glasgow, by other people. The 2nd line guys will be hired by them and continue to work as normal. Not me...nope....I "may" have an opportunity to work for them in another company.

So my job is lost basically. Ok good points are they are an IT company with lots of jobs going, but ive really settled in here and really feel that i could have been with them for a long time.

Ive just bought a flat so my brain is worrying about mortages and nothing has gone through yet.

BOOOOO!!!! I hate them !! :grump:

[/rant]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh dear. :(

BUT... Determind to be optimistic here... you never know, this could be the start of something better. *fingers crossed*
    thanks, nice of you to say

..but i think i might take some time off and go travelling, i left college straight into work.

I need some time off i think. Man this wine is good :D
    Aw, thats gotta suck.
    Maybe you will get a better job within the company, with lotsss more money. Fingers crossed, ey! :thumb:
    Phoenix_ wrote:
    thanks, nice of you to say

..but i think i might take some time off and go travelling, i left college straight into work.

I need some time off i think. Man this wine is good :D

AHA! See, my point proved... If they'd not cocked your job up, you wouldn't probably be thinking of gallavanting off and seeing the world... And no doubt that'd be better than working... So maybe it's not so bad afterall...

Can I have some wine too please??? :D White or red?
    um well basically this year was the first year i had planned, lots of fun stuff loads of good things planned. PLanned my money out etc. i was planning on travelling in the new year. so this has just made me realise that i should do it now.

...white wine....and omg...its hit me really bad :thumb:
    Oh goodie, I don't like red. *Holds out glass* (Actually I'm already drinking some of my own... shall we set up a Thursday evening wino group? :razz: )
    definately, i like red wine, but find it hard to drink....but im easy ;)

I liked this one red wine...mmmm was well good...then it got spilt over my lovely biege top.....

..but im too pissed to be rational right now...man i dont even know what im talking about :eek2:
    Talking or slurring?

You type well for a drunkard though... no fair!

:flirt:
    I R Winna !! ...plus spell check rox

...i can still see straight...just takes me a little longer to type thats all :razz:
    Reread this in the morning, but if they are outsourcing your job then (in England) you have a certain amount of protection under employment law. It's called TUPE, transfer of undertakings, protection of employees or something like that.

Basically, they can't get rid of you if someone else is going to be doing the same job you did.
    :chin:

Hmm, i will look into that, I knew something like that existed, but i think they want to hire me and transfer me to another company, to which i dont want.
    Thanks for the tip though.