Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Contraception

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went to the docs today to discuss new forms on contraception. Currently taking microgynon 30 combined pill, but it is still making me ill and very groggy. :grump:

After going through all of the options, we decided that it is between the mini pill (progestogen-only pill) and the contraceptive injection. Now, I have read up on both of them and I just wanted to know how any of you have got on with either of them or what who have heard, good or bad about either

Comments

• Options
    What about a lighter pill? Microgynon 30 disagreed with me and i got put on loestrin 20. Been fine so far.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    What about a lighter pill? Microgynon 30 disagreed with me and i got put on loestrin 20. Been fine so far.

just read a bit about it and it contains less oestrogen which would be good for me. Will speak to my doc about it. Thanks.

Still interested to hear others views on both :yes:
  • Options
    im on a mini pill (cerazette) cos microgynon gave me high blood pressure. to begin with it was great completely stopped my periods, but last summer i had a 3 month period, not heavy but deffinatly bleeding a bit and then it was fine again and now im on the 4th week of my period...so generally not great for me however it works fantastically for my friend shes been on it for about 3 years and hasnt had a single period...sorry that wasnt at all helpfull was it!
  • Options
    Similar to ballerina, though no experience yet, but I was going to ask my gyno about loestrin 24 fe, low hormones, becasue thats all I can do, and cuts your period length in half :yes: Everything I"ve read about it sounds grand.

The shot was horrid for me. And if you have any bad reactions to it... theres not really much you can do about it until it wears off.
  • Options
    I was on Cerazette for a while, which is the new progesteron only pill. Like someone else, I didn't have any periods while I was on it, which kind of seems like a nice idea but I found it quite unnerving. Other than that was fine.