Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Le Guen leaves Rangers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6231489.stm

It's nice how that greetin' wee rat faced prick Barry Ferguson managed to get his manager sacked, eh?

And he was doing such a good job too.

Looks like Ally McCoist is the favourite for the job, although I'm not sure how arsing about on a Question of Sport every week and staring at Gabby Logan's tits qualifies you to do much, but maybe that's a good thing.

Dunno about anybody else, but I'd like to see Souness get the job :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    but I'd like to see Souness get the job :thumb:

So would I. Might even finish 4th then.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I did expect this outcome as he was criticised earlier on this season.

Wouldn't like Ally there and can't see Souness going back either. We'll see, though.
  • Options
    Finally he goes ! Never wanted him as manager happy to see the back of him, always said he was the wrong man for the job regardless of how he ended up leaving, hope the door hit you on the way out Mr LeCunt :D

None of us know the real story behind the Barry Ferguson thing but no one treats a fan favourite and club CAPTAIN like that and gets to keep their job, not in Scotland, not with Rangers!

I don't want Souness , he'll manage to make us even WORSE ! I don't rate Coisty for the job either much as i think he is a Legend. Walter would be a great choice to take the job again but I'd rather he stuck with Scotland. Want a Scot to be given the job either way though !
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    edn1 wrote:
    None of us know the real story behind the Barry Ferguson thing but no one treats a fan favourite and club CAPTAIN like that and gets to keep their job, not in Scotland, not with Rangers!

Who cares if he is a fan favourite and captain? If he was being a tosser and holier than thou (which, I can imagine from Barry Ferguson) then of course he should've been dropped.

However, I think there were underlying reasons, given the fact that they did have a few poor results recently. He, apparently, nearly went a few weeks ago.

Also, Steven Pressley left Hearts recently - he was in Scotland, club captain AND treated shockingly (probably worse than Ferguson).
  • Options
    Ferguson's always been a tosser who's not half as good as he reckons he is, that's why he made such a royal fuck up of it all when he tried to play with the big boys at Blackburn. But if you keep losing matches you aren't in a position to play hard ball with a big crowd favourite- if Celtic and Rangers' positions had been reversed I don't doubt it would have been Ferguson leaving instead.

I'd love to see Souness get the job, and I think he's the hot favourite at the minute.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Ferguson's always been a tosser who's not half as good as he reckons he is, that's why he made such a royal fuck up of it all when he tried to play with the big boys at Blackburn. But if you keep losing matches you aren't in a position to play hard ball with a big crowd favourite- if Celtic and Rangers' positions had been reversed I don't doubt it would have been Ferguson leaving instead.

I'd love to see Souness get the job, and I think he's the hot favourite at the minute.

for once i agree with you

i would of rather seen le guen see the season out myself it does us no favours "agreeing for him to leave" in january as this will make it harder to ge a new man in and get a couple of signings.

i doubt it will be souness as his style is spend lots of money which is something we just don't have in this day and age (something we've never had but thats a different story)

Another thing is i'm not sure if ferguson will even stay, ok he'll stlll be here come the end of january but if he gets the abuse a lot of people are saying there going to give him then he might just turn round and say fuck it, i wouldnt be to bothered to see him go, of course he has ability's but as you said kermit he's no-where near as good as he thinks he is, i hope smith gets the job and gives him a kick up the arse

ps. this is why I've always liked walter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4
  • Options
    Think what you will about Ferguson but the fact is his manager undermined him as club captain claiming the role wasnt really important! Then to rub his bloody nose in it he goes and makes Gavin Rae of all folk captain for the Motherwell game. Fair play Ferguson has his flaws but I dont think he would jeopardise the position of club, hes 1 of a few this season who have stood out along with smith and Macgregor. Harsh words have no doubt been said in the dressing room by him to pussies that Le Guen signed to try and give them a kick up the arse and let them know at this club and playing in this league is no easy ride!

The fact is Le Guen failed, he signed the wrong type of players, he underestimated the Scottish game, he undermined our captain and he tried to squeeze our Scottish goalie and striker out the team then realised they were the better option afterall. We dont have a lot of money so Souness defo aint the answer and walter is doing a great job internationally and I hope that continues, so who next? Billy Davies, hes surely the answer, he knows the Scottish game, hes done a fantastic job down south at Derby and Preston with low budgets and (not that its majorly important) hes a Rangers man.

Le Guen wanted out anyway, he made a decision he knew his chairman wouldnt be happy with and off he goes. The mutual termination reason gets said a lot but in this instance I think its correct, he wanted to go and Murray knew he had to go. Good riddance I say!:wave:
  • Options
    That just about sums it up.

Murray must take his fair share of blame also, bringing in a young foreign manager to an alien culture and only giving him a couple of £million after last season was ridiculous. Burley would have been a better option in those circumstances.

Smith will have things together in a couple of seasons no problem if he truly is coming back
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6233237.stm

Quelle surprise.

If he wasn't tapped up then I'm a monkey's uncle.
  • Options
    How do you feel about this then Bri - Walter Smith seems to view the Rangers job as more important than the National one.

Personally I'd want to string the fucker up. I don't think that Don Revie has ever been forgiven down here for what he did.
  • Options
    He's a Judas cunt who should be hounded out of Scotland.
  • Options
    How do you feel about this then Bri - Walter Smith seems to view the Rangers job as more important than the National one.

That's the thing that really narks me off - the utter contempt he seems to have for the job that he held.

I'm not disappointed in him because I'd always expected it of the Hun cunt. I also sincerely hope that Rangers get fucked for tapping him up, but they'll get away scot free.

I can deal with the fact that he's fucked off back to Rangers, he'll be on a lot more money than the SFA gave him and that's obviously where his heart lies. Putting my hatred for them (and him) aside, I can't think of too may people who'd say no to getting a better paid job somewhere that meant something to them.

The SFA should take him and his new employers to the cleaners, but we all know they won't. If it was down to me, I'd make damn sure that no Rangers players got near the Scotland squad (hardly a massive loss) until a time of my choosing.

But they'll accept a 200k compensation package and say no more about it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    That's the thing that really narks me off - the utter contempt he seems to have for the job that he held.

I'm not disappointed in him because I'd always expected it of the Hun cunt. I also sincerely hope that Rangers get fucked for tapping him up, but they'll get away scot free.

I can deal with the fact that he's fucked off back to Rangers, he'll be on a lot more money than the SFA gave him and that's obviously where his heart lies. Putting my hatred for them (and him) aside, I can't think of too may people who'd say no to getting a better paid job somewhere that meant something to them.

The SFA should take him and his new employers to the cleaners, but we all know they won't. If it was down to me, I'd make damn sure that no Rangers players got near the Scotland squad (hardly a massive loss) until a time of my choosing.

But they'll accept a 200k compensation package and say no more about it :rolleyes:

As an aside, good luck tonight mate :thumb: