Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tedfest '07

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Uni permitting, I'm going to this.

Can't wait, apparently they have Father Jack cocktail night, 'Lovely Girl' competition, a fun fair, hide and seek in a caravan, a milk float to take you from the ferry, and lots of other Father Ted type stuff.

Good excuse to spend a weekend getting ripped on an island if nothing else.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote:

Can't wait, apparently they have Father Jack cocktail night, 'Lovely Girl' competition, a fun fair, hide and seek in a caravan, a milk float to take you from the ferry, and lots of other Father Ted type stuff.

OMG, THAT'S AMAZING. Take me, we'll get Ryan Air from Prestwick.

I'm well serious btw, that's fucking stupendous! When did they do that?

HIDE AND SEEK IN A CARAVAN!? Genius. A MILK FLOAT!?DFHDHJKAFLHJKLS

Fuck I think I just orgasmed a bit. It was good.
    1983 wrote:
    OMG, THAT'S AMAZING. Take me, we'll get Ryan Air from Prestwick.

I'm well serious btw, that's fucking stupendous! When did they do that?

HIDE AND SEEK IN A CARAVAN!? Genius. A MILK FLOAT!?DFHDHJKAFLHJKLS

Fuck I think I just orgasmed a bit. It was good.

Haha, brilliant isn't it.

I only found out about it this year, so don't know if they've done it before or anything.

I'm discussing it with a mate, who emailed me about it. Tickets are 130 Euro, but there's only 100 available due to the size of the venues, and size of the island, so dunno what the availability is. The ticket price includes unlimited tea.
    Addict wrote:
    Haha, brilliant isn't it.

I only found out about it this year, so don't know if they've done it before or anything.

I'm discussing it with a mate, who emailed me about it. Tickets are 130 Euro, but there's only 100 available due to the size of the venues, and size of the island, so dunno what the availability is. The ticket price includes unlimited tea.

I am actually going, I just phoned my mate there she's looking at the site and considering going ahahaha, when I told her she thought I was taking the piss!

OMG this is hilarious. I can't stop laughing. I'm fucking going mate. No bones about it, it's well on.
    Thats just brilliant :lol:
    Wish I could go.
    Aw, I wanna go! Have been to Inis Mór a few times and it was boring as fuck, but this would be out of this world :lol:
    My mate won't go! She's all "Ehhh it'll be Father Ted fanatics and we'll be stuck on an island for 3 days!"

WHIIIIIIIIIT! Bint. I need to find someone else to come with me, I so wanna go that looks mint.
    Island for 3 days = fucking fantastic.

I am so tempted... could double it up (justify it) with a visit to the rellies :chin:
    briggi wrote:
    Island for 3 days = fucking fantastic.

I am so tempted... could double it up (justify it) with a visit to the rellies :chin:

Hahaha I can see this turning into a mini Site Meet! I'm so excited about this, this is the best news ALL year. Well, 4 days in but still!
    Haha, class. Definately considering going to this. FECK ARSE DRINK!
    1983 wrote:
    My mate won't go! She's all "Ehhh it'll be Father Ted fanatics and we'll be stuck on an island for 3 days!"

WHIIIIIIIIIT! Bint. I need to find someone else to come with me, I so wanna go that looks mint.

What's wrong with Father Ted fanatics and islands?! Your friend is terrible craic.

I need to see what the story is with my mate, and I know I have a lit review deadline for uni some time round then so need to see what's happening there too.

Should have enough money for it though, student loan and all, despite just blowing £45 on 2 Bloc Party tickets for the 20th Feb. Could be some week.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Haha, class. Definately considering going to this. FECK ARSE DRINK!

It's defo turning into a mini-meet now! Pity there's a limit on the ticket availability. I wonder how many are gone.
    Meh, I just realised we're over in Ireland the week after anyway. Maybe if I stop eating now I will be able to justify the cost. Was getting all excited for the Ferrero Rocher quiz night, too :grump:
    briggi wrote:
    Meh, I just realised we're over in Ireland the week after anyway. Maybe if I stop eating now I will be able to justify the cost. Was getting all excited for the Ferrero Rocher quiz night, too :grump:

Ferrero Rocher :heart:

The 'Buckaroo Speed Dating' and 'Ludo Aerobics' look particularly fun to me.
    I soooooooo wanna go!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Get your annoraks out... :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Addict wrote:

Its a friend of a friend of mine organising this. Probably not going though.
    I've got someone to go with! My mate Graham's coming with me huzzah!
    amazin!! :lol:
    I so want to go to this!
    Sounds like a bit of craic but it's a pity i only know about this now and it's on this weekend.

Ah well.
    Anyone going?
    Think they're all sold out, I was gonna get one too. Ah well, always next year. (If it's on)
    Anyone go? would have been a bit of craic
    I wish I went, but my mate Graham couldn't go. Boo. But next year is a definite. :D
    I read a review of it in the Metro and apparantly they were only planning for it to be a bit of a laugh between some mates and were amazed by the huge turn out from Father Ted fanatics.