Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My new car.....yay!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since I've been banging on about it for about a month now, I thought I'd better give it it's own thread. So here's what I bought. They wanted £1200, but I got it down to £1000. I was cheeky and asked for a full tank of petrol as well, but he told me to bugger off. It needs a good clean, and the wing-mirror needs repairing, but otherwise it's in pretty good order.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ooo its pretty!
    a nissan? bit of a family car, isn't it??

how many miles on the clock and what reg?
    Aww, enjoy driving it.

And remember, always wear a seatbelt :p
    a nissan? bit of a family car, isn't it??

how many miles on the clock and what reg?
    80k 1998 car. R Reg. And don't slag off Nissan. Look like a taxi, handle like a sports car, as the saying goes. Plus the insurance is the same price as a Polo or Fiesta. I just got 3rd party insurance on it though, because there's no point in fully comp for something only worth a grand.
    Every person i've met with cars that colour have been boring :p
    Well you haven't met me yet.
    Ahaha. Well I like it! :)
    Nice one mate! I really like that colour :)
    The bite on the clutch was a bit higher than the car I've been used to though. One of the first things I did when I left the garage was a hill start at some traffic lights. Revved the engine up, lifted the clutch up, took the brake off, and proceeded to roll into the car behind me (just caught the brake in time). I thought I was gonna fuck it up ten minutes after I insured it.

oh aye. ;)

Well judging by the car, i'm not missing much :p
    LacyMay wrote:
    Well judging by the car, i'm not missing much :p
    Well I wouldn't want to meet a car racist anyway.:p
    sophia wrote:
    :yippe:

Hurrah, nice one. One step closer to the dream job and all that :thumb:

a taxi driver? :p

Nice one though, you'll appreciate having that extra room for road trips I'm sure.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've just bought a car too, an Audi 80 cabriolet, though I'm planning to move it on pretty quick.
    However the more I drive it the more I want to keep it, it's just too dear to run. :(
    Weekender Offender 
    Alloys!!:thumb:
    very nice :]

any car is good to me. i need a new one cos iv just been told mine is not worth fixing, it'll cost more than its worth. gutted!
    Ah congrats :) A new to you car is still a new to you car no matter what

And it aint a nasty hatchback so you get points ;)

The man drove a Nissan while his car was in the shop once, a Murano I think it was called? It was quite nice. So therefore, in my first experience of a nissan, they're good :thumb:
    my_name wrote:
    And it aint a nasty hatchback so you get points ;)

What picture are you looking at then?
    Because I see a 5 door Nissan.
    Weekender Offender 
    I see a trunk...

As opposed to this thing http://web.carsguru.ru/web/photo/citroen_c3_16_hatchback_1.jpg
    my_name wrote:
    I see a trunk...

It's a hatchback. It's a 5 door car.

When you open the boot the rear windscreen moves with it.

This is a Primera Saloon.
    http://www.carhirekenya.com/prim.jpg
    See the difference?
    Weekender Offender 
    Never seen one shaped like that before, I just assume them to be round little bubbles all the time. LIke a mini minivan. I try not to look to close at them so I never knew the edges were where the windshield was.
    I take back the points :p And then some for fooling me :p
    my_name wrote:

Nothing wrong with C3's - I drove a friends round a car park and it seemed lovely enough :D

EDIT: And if you hate hatchbacks, you'd hate my car - the backs completely flat anyway so it looks like you've just lost your boot door when you open it :D
    Primera is nice. My last car was the Primera 2.0SE - it went quite well, and handled tidily. Only grief it ever gave me was a fault in the alternator, which reared it's ugly head whilst I was driving to Stoke for my motorcycle test... but other than that, I never had a problem. :)
    Skive wrote:
    I've just bought a car too, an Audi 80 cabriolet, though I'm planning to move it on pretty quick.
    However the more I drive it the more I want to keep it, it's just too dear to run. :(

I had an Audi 80 Coupe a few years back.

Was a bit heavy on the juice... even more so than my 350Z - but BOY was it put together well. Shame the handling was a bit wooden.

Was red, and looked mint when cleaned up though. Loved the 80's stylee square shoulder look :)
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Pimpin'.

I approve.
    g_angel007 wrote:
    I had an Audi 80 Coupe a few years back.

Was a bit heavy on the juice... even more so than my 350Z - but BOY was it put together well. Shame the handling was a bit wooden.

Was red, and looked mint when cleaned up though. Loved the 80's stylee square shoulder look :)

It looks nice but it's boring to drive, and as you say it's seriously thirsty. I think I'll stick it in the paper next week. Should make a few hundred.

I should really buy a more modern car, but I none of them really intrest me. I like my intresting 90's cars. I'm thinking of buying my mates Louts (Talbot) Sunbeam off him just for a bit of fun. It's bright orange. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I should really buy a more modern car, but I none of them really intrest me. I like my intresting 90's cars. I'm thinking of buying my mates Louts (Talbot) Sunbeam off him just for a bit of fun. It's bright orange. :D

I didn't think it possible, but you've just made yourself totally unattractive :p
    LacyMay wrote:
    I didn't think it possible, but you've just made yourself totally unattractive :p

:lol:
    It wouldn't be my only car. You certainly don't buy a Louts Sunbeam to appear attractive. It's all about the drving experience but I wouldn't expect you to understand that - with you having a vagina and that. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    :lol:
    It wouldn't be my only car. You certainly don't buy a Louts Sunbeam to appear attractive. It's all about the drving experience but I wouldn't expect you to understand that - with you having a vagina and that.

I'll have you know my car is a beast. Kind of :p

Driving experience? Do cars that old even start?