Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bristol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
we're planning on coming up to bristol for the new year, but dont know where all the clubs are. could someone tell us what the main area/street is to go clubbin for r&b/dance clubs?

please let me know, and also where to nearest hotel is to these venues
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oceana is always a pretty safe bet and there are enough different rooms for you not to get bored, went there last NYE. Went to Panache the year before and it was awful.

Avoid Lakota unless you're up for a serious drug fuelled hardcore frenzy! I expect acadamy and syndicate will both also be pretty safe bets though. I'd probably go to Oceana though if I was going this year. Then for bars, Whiteladies Road and Park Street will be a pretty sound bet but then if you want Wetherspoons/Yates then they're at the bottom of Park Street by the docks.

There are also lots of hotels around the Oceana area, just look for ones around the docks/centre area and you'll be within walking distance to most places.
    So wheres the best club for pulling women, because white ladies road seems to be full of students and stuck up young women ive heard..
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    JJ454 wrote:
    Avoid Lakota

I love Lakota. Dirty messy ravin. How it should be.
    Weekender Offender 
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Park street is ok, bloody big hill though. Dont attempt to walk down in at speed in high heels in the rain, it all ends in disaster!

I dont know Bristol that well, but there are a few bars around the corner from Oceana opposite the docks if you cant abide by the strict dress code of Oceana :rolleyes:
    Skive wrote:
    I love Lakota. Dirty messy ravin. How it should be.
    Hey that's not fair! You misquoted me! I love Lakota as much as the next person, but I was simply suggesting that if he wanted a standard club night then avoid! :hyper:
    You knocking students mush?

:D
    brad18 wrote:
    So wheres the best club for pulling women, because white ladies road seems to be full of students and stuck up young women ive heard..

This is where i obviously come in... :p

If your looking for normal girls and not students then you'll need to try the following: Sports Bar, Baja, Oceana, Syndicate, Romeo Browns - these places are usually full of youngish girls wearing next to nothing. They're also fairly close to each other (in the centre)

Whiteladies Road is ok for bars, but not really clubs, and yes not only is it full of students and posh people it's also at the top of a fuck off hill.

And Lakota is good, if not ever so slightly neon.