Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weed vs fertility

As someone who smoked weed a fair bit as a teen (not within the last year-2yrs), is this going to really destroy my chances of getting pregnant?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I cant see why. Is there speculations this may happen?
  • Options
    It affects men much more than women in terms of fertility. Some evidence to suggest it affects woman's menstraul cycle but it's inconclusive. Especially as you haven't smoked it in a while, truth is, some women find it hard to get pregnant and you might be one of those types.
  • Options
    just been browsing the net and there's quite abit about the effects of smoking during pregnancy. not much about before tho.
  • Options
    Janjan wrote:
    just been browsing the net and there's quite abit about the effects of smoking during pregnancy. not much about before tho.

Taking any drugs during pregnancy is stupid and obviously there's going to be lots on the net. Anything before it is pure speculation tbh.
  • Options
    I smoked dope from about 15-about 20 on a fairly regular basis.
    I got pregnant first month of trying...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance :) And happy new year
  • Options
    it does reduce fertility if youre an active smoker.
    smoking it in the past wont have any effect now.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Taking any drugs during pregnancy is stupid and obviously there's going to be lots on the net. Anything before it is pure speculation tbh.
    :yes:
  • Options
    my mum has smoked weed constantly since she was 15, and has 3 kids which were all accidents, so it cant affect it that much. Like has been said its more harmful during pregnancy, she didnt stop on any og us!!
  • Options
    I think tobacco is more damaging to a woman's fertility IIRC, messes with your ovaries or something? But considering the amount of people that do smoke but still conceive, it doesn't seem to have a major impact.
  • Options
    Smoking is likely to make men impotent as well, so I guess that will affect your chances of getting pregnant.