Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where are the bus loads of Roma gyspies?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have met some romanian hotel house keepers. they were young and damn good workers. but ive also met some whom were lining up at the salvation army for free food who had no jobs.

those that believe that east europeans will be proud of those that work hard;

while those that do not like east europeans will take notice only of the scroungers and will say they are worthless.
    HIT wrote:
    Well considering the thread is about immagrants coming to the country im not going to be talking about sport.

So how have I refereed that "only" immigrants have committed crimes in my area? :confused:

Are you not aware of what you wrote?
    Blagsta wrote:
    Are you not aware of what you wrote?
    I am, are you?
    ive also met some whom were lining up at the salvation army for free food who had no jobs.

This has become a bit of an issue in some parts of the UK, because they are not eligble for housing if they dont work and cant afford it they can find themselves homeless.
    HIT wrote:
    I am, are you?

Yes thanks.
    Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Really? I live in South East London and have not noticed any influx of immigrants or negative effects. Care to elaborate?

Originally Posted by HIT
    Yeah, rapping's, assaults, you name it.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes thanks.
    Did I say immigrant only do those crimes?

Are you referring that immigrants are only causing these crimes? That's rather narrow minded of you if you are.
    You obviously have trouble understanding what you wrote. It implies that the crime was the result of immigration - which is obviously nonsense.
    Agreed. Unless you are suggesting that an increase in asylum seekers was the cause of an increase in crime, then the fact that any asylum seekers commit crime is irrelivent.
    Blagsta wrote:
    You obviously have trouble understanding what you wrote. It implies that the crime was the result of immigration - which is obviously nonsense.
    No YOU are having trouble understanding and being your usual argumentative self. Did I write the "only" crime in my town was caused by immagrants? NO. We are discussing immagrants in this thread, I said the last time we had alot of immagrants in my town there was alot of et. etc. etc.. Did I say when immagrants came to my town was the first time we started having etc. etc?
    Agreed. Unless you are suggesting that an increase in asylum seekers was the cause of an increase in crime, then the fact that any asylum seekers commit crime is irrelivent.
    Whenever there is crime, crime figures do go up. Yes some of the immagrants I mentioned did contributed to increased crime figures.
    Do you know that, or are you guessing?
    Please don't use my real name on the boards. I don't know what your name is, so please don't use mine.
    HIT wrote:
    Did I write the "only" crime in my town was caused by immagrants? NO. We are discussing immagrants in this thread, I said the last time we had alot of immagrants in my town there was alot of et. etc. etc.. Did I say when immagrants came to my town was the first time we started having etc. etc?

Oh dear, you really can't see what the subtext of what you wrote was can you? It may not have been what you consciusly meant to say, but its certainly there in the subtext - I'm not the only one pulling you up on this. If it was merely me being argumentative, why are others pulling you up on it?
    HIT wrote:
    Whenever there is crime, crime figures do go up. Yes some of the immagrants I mentioned did contributed to increased crime figures.

How do you know?
    Do you know that, or are you guessing?
    Guessing what?

Im assuming that any crime committed contributes to figures.
    HIT wrote:
    Guessing what?

Im assuming that any crime committed contributes to figures.
    Firstly, do you know for a fact that crime increased in this period. And secondly, do you know that crime increasing was a direct result of immigrants coming to the area. And finally, are you suggesting that a greater percentage of the asylum seekers committed crimes compared to local residents?
    Oh dear, you really can't see what the subtext of what you wrote was can you? It may not have been what you consciusly meant to say, but its certainly there in the subtext - I'm not the only one pulling you up on this. If it was merely me being argumentative, why are others pulling you up on it?
    Is it now, or is it what your thinking? I never said crime started to happen when a lot of immagrants first moved into my area, so why should I be thinking it? Note, I also said they have seemed to have disappeared, in this case then surly there isn't no more crime here, correct? :rolleyes:
    Firstly, do you know for a fact that crime increased in this period. And secondly, do you know that crime increasing was a direct result of immigrants coming to the area. And finally, are you suggesting that a greater percentage of the asylum seekers committed crimes compared to local residents?
    There was an increase in crime yes. I dont know if the crime increasing was a direct result of immigrants (as I said before every bit of crime contributes to figures), but nonetheless there was alot of crime caused by a few. I dont know how many immagrants exactly came to live here, but I do know alot of them did cause crime.
    Evidence?
    HIT wrote:
    There was an increase in crime yes. I dont know if the crime increasing was a direct result of immigrants

But that's what you stated originally. Make yer mind up!
    Blagsta wrote:
    But that's what you stated originally. Make yer mind up!
    And the rest of that post which you conveiniently forgot to quote.
    There was an increase in crime yes. I dont know if the crime increasing was a direct result of immigrants(as I said before every bit of crime contributes to figures)
    I'm still waiting for you to post where I said that immigrants are the only reason my town started having crime. If you cant, dont make accusations (which you cant because you would have posted my quote ages ago).
    HIT wrote:
    They probably all land in S.E London again, and im not looking forward to them coming if they were like the last foreign exchange.

But 300,000 coming is slightly exaggerated, or so I hope.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Really? I live in South East London and have not noticed any influx of immigrants or negative effects. Care to elaborate?
    HIT wrote:
    Yeah, rapping's, assaults, you name it. There used to be terrible fights happening between them and the locals, with knifes and other weapons. There was constant police presence , then just like that they disappeared. I never liked going up to my town center a night when I was younger because the trouble.

What "main" part of SE are you near (obviously not your address ;))

I'm not sure what else that little exchange can mean, except that before the immigrants came, things were OK, but after there was a wave of rape and assault.

Maybe you could explain to me what you actually meant, if it wasn't that?
    As far as the Roma go, I don't think donkeys can pull carts that quickly. Expect them sometime around March.

What? This pic was taken out of my back window just this morning ....... :p
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm not sure what else that little exchange can mean, except that before the immigrants came, things were OK, but after there was a wave of rape and assault.

Maybe you could explain to me what you actually meant, if it wasn't that?
    Still failed to post where I said we never had crime before, only your still assuming thats what I said. ;)

As this thread was talking about immigrants, I said the trouble my town had with them. Has being an immigrant got some special immunity about it? Why shouldn't I mention the crime they have caused? They are human beings like you and I after all.

Let it die now, I have made my point very clear.
    Look - things don't always have to be explicitly stated to be there. It is implicit in what you posted. You said that last time there was an influx of immingrants it led to lots of rape and assualt. People are pulling you up on this and asking you to back up your assertion and you can't. Now stop wriggling, admit you were chatting shit and we can all move on. :)
    Blagsta wrote:
    Look - things don't always have to be explicitly stated to be there. It is implicit in what you posted. You said that last time there was an influx of immingrants it led to lots of rape and assualt. People are pulling you up on this and asking you to back up your assertion and you can't. Now stop wriggling, admit you were chatting shit and we can all move on. :)
    I know what I said, but in no way did I imply that immigrants were the sole reason we started having crime. Yes when we had immigrants there was alot of crime from them, but there was still crime before. Your still assuming I meant to say immigrants are the only reason we had crime. Its just your mind working overtime.

People? Only 2 people, one which I asked to post prove of where I said immigrants are the reason we have crime, guess what he never posted again. And you that's on some crusade which is assuming I meant it, but not actually got proof.
    :banghead:

Here it is again for the hard of reading (that's you HIT). You wrote that immigrants were responsible for rapes and assualts. I asked you whether these things happened before. That is a rhetorical device to point out that you have no evidence that immigrants are responsible for rapes and assualts. Capiche?
    Blagsta wrote:
    :banghead:

Here it is again for the hard of reading (that's you HIT).
    [/irony]
    You wrote that immigrants were responsible for rapes and assualts. I asked you whether these things happened before.
    Yes I know what I wrote, and of course these things happened before. After all my town has been around more than one hundred years. We didn't only just start having crime in the year 2000 when there happened to be a flock of immigrants come in. I also wrote that. Do you remember?
    That is a rhetorical device to point out that you have no evidence that immigrants are responsible for rapes and assualts. Capiche?
    I dont know why you think immigrants are immune to causing crime. There human beings like you and I, its almost like your making out there a different species. What evidence do you need? I and hundreds of other people witnessed fighting, I even witnessed an attack on two people by a group of immigrants (which I reported to the police), what more do you need. Crime is crime weather it comes from immigrants or not?

Besides dont you have work to do?
    HIT wrote:
    I dont know why you think immigrants are immune to causing crime.

I don't. I haven't stated so. Stop being so daft.

For the umpteenth time - WHAT I AM TAKING ISSUE WITH IS YOUR ASSERTION THAT RAPE AND ASSUALTS WENT UP WHEN YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE.
    Blagsta wrote:
    I don't. I haven't stated so. Stop being so daft.

For the umpteenth time - WHAT I AM TAKING ISSUE WITH IS YOUR ASSERTION THAT RAPE AND ASSUALTS WENT UP WHEN YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE.
    I think you do, that's why you keep going on about it from the beginning. Or just your usual argumentative self.

You have mentioned once not umpteenth times, just once about evidence. How can I provide you evidence? What do I need to do, and I will try and do it.

Besides, I thought me eye witnessing events is evidence? Would you like me to post my statement?
    No, you asserting something is true on a bulletin board does not count as evidence.

BTW, did you know the moon is made of green cheese? A mate of mine who works for NASA told me.