Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Year of Years

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
While were on the subject of years, what was everyone's personal favourite year from start to finish?

For me 2003 stands out as the best. It was split as the second semester of my first year at uni and the first part of my second. Stuck in-between was a scorching summer and living at a mates house as my mum had moved down south.

A heady mix of dope filled days and pilled up nights in Manchester. Plus chilling out in the bright lights of Burton on Trent during the summer. Add to that a steady relationship and it added up to a cracking year.

2003, ahh yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    Don't know if it was my best year but I loved 2003 as well.

I finished my A Levels at school, and had a girlfriend. Went to Ibiza with all my schoolmates for one last hurrah in the summer. I started uni in Edinburgh and went through all the fresher shite of getting fucked all the time, and never going to class. It was a great year, though subsequent years haven't been bad either.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Either 2005 or 2006 for different reasons.
  • Options
    2006 was the best :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    2006 has been pretty fuckin good. i finished my degree with an enormous sense of relief. i also tried class A drugs for the first time at the beginning of the year and basically had the time of my life and made loads of new friends :D
  • Options
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i also tried class A drugs for the first time at the beginning of the year and basically had the time of my life and made loads of new friends :D

lol, class a's tend to have that effect on people ;)
  • Options
    umm probably have to be 2005

turned 18 and was finally (legally!) able to drink and go out, plus had an awesome summer aand i started uni which was ace!!

2006 is probably a close second tho!! hoping 07 will beat both!!
  • Options

First part of the year I was living at home with no responsibility, met an absolutely stunning gir in the spring and had so many good memories of going out with her that summer, walking along the beach and going for country walks at 3am.

That finished in September (didn't see her for 5 years since then, but met her again through Bebo and had a bit of a rendevous at Hogmanay just there haha), no time to mope cause I left home for uni the week after, had so many mental piss ups for the rest of the year and just loved it.
  • Options

The year before i moved to the UK. Says it all really.
  • Options
    Just turned 18, dumped my knob head of a boyfriend and got a life. It all went wrong in 2001 and I've never had a good year since.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    2005 I'd say was alright.

Moving away to Uni - plenty of booze ups, pissing around during my A levels.

I can't say I've had a superb year.
  • Options
    Probably 2004. Enjoyed drugs the most then, met most of my new friends then too. Don't think I've ever had a bad year, last year was slightly boring I thought though.
  • Options
    2005 I reckon.
    Last year of school. Had a blast. Got fucked every weekend, and just hung around an amazing crowd of people that I still see today and regard as some of my best friends.
    Also started uni that year which is the greatest thing I've ever done. Don't even think it needs to be explained.
  • Options
    Its hard to say really.

I've say 2006 though despite going through some really rough patches.

I'd say 2006 for a number of reasons. First being, I cut contact with my ex of 3 years. Had courage to do it. Best move I ever made. I've had lots of fun this year dating/having other boyfriends/having fun/being single.

I also had the best SUMMER ever. Made lots of new friends and had a complete and utter brilliant time.

My social life this year has been fucking AMAZING.

I also got my job at the student union which was really good. I felt really good about it as 400 people applied for 40 positions and I was selected to be one of those 40 positions. The job itself is amazing. Its the first job that I've enjoyed so much. I work with the most bubbly people and lots of fit lads (oh yes!) :D

Err also, just in general I've been much much happier. Finally realised what happiness is and I'm finally living life to the full and enjoying every minute of it. I go out lots with my friends, I have fun, I love my job, etc. I just became really happy. After years of feeling miserable and insecure, I'm now 100% happy and my confidence is sky high. I feel so independent. All of my friends have noticed the difference in how I was this time last year to how I am now.

Thats why, I'm hoping 2007 will be wicked! However, with me graduating, getting my own place to live, getting a new job, etc, we'll see...
  • Options
    '03 without a doubt! Those were the days :D
  • Options
    2005 I reckon, I got married and had an exciting job.
  • Options
    I think 1992, when i was 16. i remember that year was a real blast, loads of drugs, loads of confidence, left home.
  • Options
    94, first kiss, first love, first heart broken thing :p

but seriously, who knows? The past couple of years for me have been a bit shit, and before that they all just merged together really.
  • Options
    bloody hell, i struggle to remember what stuff happened in what year....2006 was a very good year, but so were the others, 1999 was a cracker, first started going out partying in town and stuff..2000 and 2001 were great being at college and stuff.

2004 was also awesome, went to USA, canada plus a legendary UK roadtrip...
  • Options
    Ohh I dunno if I have to pick one it would probably be 1996 - but with overlaps from 1995 and 1997.

Basically I had a car I didn't pay for, I had a credit card (which my parents paid for!), I was at school for the first half but had really easy lessons. I did loads of clubbing loads of drugs, went out with my friends all the time (who i love to death and am mostly still friends with today), had loads of now infamous parties as my dad was living in scotland and my mum went to see him lots leaving me and my sister home alone. Saw the prodigy 3 times!

Went to lots of festivals, raced (sailing boats) in cowes week, went sailing in scotland and got the sleeper back, went to Kavos with my 2 best friends, went sailing/backpacking around the mediterranien, went to amsterdam, went skiing twice Had a couple of crap jobs and then went travelling around the world only to come back to another amazing summer in 1997 - soooo much fun

However during this period I also had some of the crappest times of my life as well. So in terms of being on an even keel 2006 has been pretty damn good and i've been very happy.
  • Options
    Hmm... Can't actually remember as it's so long ago that I had a good year. Maybe 1998, cos I can't remember anything going wrong then.

Everythings been a bit shit from 1999 onwards... I intend that to change though... 2007 is damn well going to be a good year, I've decided! :yippe:
  • Options
    i cant quite decide.

I loved 2002 because i finished school then started college in september which was a seriously fun part of my life, and i went to lots of gigs, met new peopleand basically had a great time.

But i also loved september 05-september 06 because i passed my driving test, graduated, met alot of people through uni and moving house, and got a fantastic boyfriend that i'd had my eye on for bloody ages

Im hoping 2007 is going to get even better :D
  • Options
    I'll go with 2004. Basically spent the whole year getting wasted and coping off with randoms
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I'll go with 2004. Basically spent the whole year getting wasted and coping off with randoms
    if thats what made you happy why the fuck aren't you spending the rest of your 1st year doing that!?
  • Options
    Because i'm happy being in a relationship. It is fun seeing who you can pull and having little competitions with your mates but its a bit empty after a while. I just like the feeling of having someone to go home to that loves you..
  • Options
    I don't feel that I'm old enough or have experienced enough to pick out a best year at this stage in my life.
    I've had loads of good years though, all for very different reasons.
  • Options
    1984 hehe.