Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help with ravin and drug's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all i just wondering if some of you could point me in the right direction on ravin/doin trippy drug's!. I found this site about hour ago and have been reading over some posts.Im only 17 keep in mind so im a bit new to the sene but i really want to get in to clubin ravin and trippy sene. I would just like to know if any new any clubs around london that arent to strike on id...

I cant really think of anythink else i did e pill and popper last night for the 1st was so mad! and want to know more about it!

thanks Yennie!

Comments

• Options
    My experience is if you look old enough you've gotta shot, if you dont? then well dont expect to get in without some form of ID. It's been ages since I needed any ID anywhere, so things may have changed. But from what I hear, they've really tried to clamp down on the underage culture since a few years back. You'll find most clubs and bars asking you for ID if you look young enough I'm afraid.

It's hit an miss.
  • Options
    Know the drug, know your body and know your source.

Research is your best bet if you are planning to use any drug, this can take some of the mystic away from them, but it will reduce the chances of you doing anything silly you'll regret.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree with Budda, if you're planning on using any drug then research it thoroughly first and make sure you know all the side effects aswell as negative and positive experiences that people have from it.

As for raving, mate just wait until you're 18, I used to be able to get into some clubs when I first turned 17 but then they really started to clamp down and I get asked for ID sometimes and I'm 18 and look it, if not a bit older...seems that they have this new thing that if you don't look 21 or older then they are going to ask you for ID.

Not too long to wait mate :)
  • Options
    Ah ok thanks for that yeah my bithdays in august tho :( lol!
  • Options
    Yeah places are very strict these days it seems. When I was 15/16/17 I got away with it most of the time. I'm now 20 (and look about that) and get id'd all the time.

The other day I went into a wetherspoons and got id'd on the door and twice at the bar. That was in Nottingham and I haven't been one place (except one shop) in ages in Nottingham where I haven't been id'd.
    Doesn't seem quite as strict back in Brum, but still pretty strict.

May vary alot from city to city. I dunno. But they are much stricter everywhere generally these days.
  • Options
    21 or older then they are going to ask you for ID.

I remember having that problem. Even if it wasnt an over 21-'s night. I used to despise bouncers.
  • Options

May vary alot from city to city. I dunno. But they are much stricter everywhere generally these days.

London is VERY strict. Most clubs in Brighton are strict too, although I know a couple that don't bother asking for ID if you look old enough.
  • Options
    They should be strict, there's little more depressing than looking round a rave and seeing kids of 14 who've taken handfuls of pills.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    They should be strict, there's little more depressing than looking round a rave and seeing kids of 14 who've taken handfuls of pills.

Indeed, although it was annoying when me and all my mates had turned 18, except one who was one week off being 18 but there was a good night at the Honey Club in Brighton and we all went up there and got asked for ID, he showed them his to prove that he was literally like a week off being 18 and they still denied him entry, so we all went home rather pissed off.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Indeed, although it was annoying when me and all my mates had turned 18, except one who was one week off being 18 but there was a good night at the Honey Club in Brighton and we all went up there and got asked for ID, he showed them his to prove that he was literally like a week off being 18 and they still denied him entry, so we all went home rather pissed off.

Well to be fair the bouncers are only doing their job. A week off 18 is still under 18. I wouldn't have bothered taking that friend along, harsh as it sounds, that's what it's like now.

I often get asked and I'm 24. I started going out at 14 and was rarely asked for ID. There's new laws and fines now.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Well to be fair the bouncers are only doing their job. A week off 18 is still under 18. I wouldn't have bothered taking that friend along, harsh as it sounds, that's what it's like now.

I often get asked and I'm 24. I started going out at 14 and was rarely asked for ID. There's new laws and fines now.

Yeah I know, I don't blame them for doing it but we had all just turned 18 and eager to go clubbing and thought we'd give it a shot.
    Now I'm nearly 19 so don't have to worry about these things anymore. :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If you've got transport there always the forest party and festival scene where you age isn't important. Illegal raves have really picked up again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I was going to say this as well - not that i would obviously condone illegal activity but illegal raves and squat parties funnily enough never ask for ID.

However they also don't necessarily have all the help you might need if things go wrong when your taking drugs (Lots of big clubs now have trained medical staff on site).

But yes do lots of research first and always exercise caution when trying a drug for the first time. Just because your mate necks stupid ammounts of pills in one night doesn't mean you need to join in.....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Wyetry wrote:
    However they also don't necessarily have all the help you might need if things go wrong when your taking drugs (Lots of big clubs now have trained medical staff on site).

Illegal raves arn't usually so hot, water isn't outragously expensive and there are far less pissheads wanting to toe you in, so things are less likely to go wrong.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I used to have a fake provisional driver's license before I was 18. I made it myself and also made some for schoolfriends using my dad's scanner and printer with glossy paper etc. Then my dad found the scans on the computer, and that was the end of that particular business adventure. He said I could get done for fraud, but he still let me use my fake license, and just told me not to make anymore for other people. Then a couple of years later when my 17 year old brother was heading out to Australia to meet my sister, my dad made HIM a fake license, using my technique, so he could get into bars with my sister, pssssh. Hypocritical or what.
  • Options
    i remember the day when writing in a fake date of birth on an NUS card would pass for ID!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i remember the day when writing in a fake date of birth on an NUS card would pass for ID!

I remember when going in to a shopping centre and getting a photo "ID" card printed for a couple quid from the photo booth would work :D.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    I remember when going in to a shopping centre and getting a photo "ID" card printed for a couple quid from the photo booth would work :D.

Those things used to get me into local bars etc but if I ever wanted to go to a proper club or anything, they wouldn't accept my 'European National Student Card'.
  • Options
    So buying a fake id wont work then?
  • Options
    yennie wrote:
    The bouncers have pretty much seen all of them, so no. If you google half of the names of the cards, it comes up with websites for fake IDs. Most clubs have lists for the bouncers so they know which ones aren't real.

If you can get hold of someone's real ID who looks like you then that could work.
  • Options
    yennie wrote:

Or if you can somehow get hold of a fake driving provisional (might cost you a bit though) it might work. To be honest mate I really don't think it's worth all the hassle, you might aswell wait until you're 18, it's only in August, I know it seems like it takes for ages but it's much better when you know you don't have to worry about people fooling for your fake ID or not.
  • Options
    If you can get hold of someone's real ID who looks like you then that could work.

Ive done this an it works. I've managed it when the guy on the passport looked nothing like me atall. It's about showing it to them with a 'brave face' and hoping they focus their attention on the DOB more than the photo. You'd be suprised.
  • Options
    Box wrote:
    Ive done this an it works. I've managed it when the guy on the passport looked nothing like me atall. It's about showing it to them with a 'brave face' and hoping they focus their attention on the DOB more than the photo. You'd be suprised.
    Yep I know loads of people who have done, or do do this. Most of them look nothing like the photo except the hair colour and it always works.
    Most important is that you remember all the details on the card, e.g name dob, address and postcode. It's very occasionally that people get turned away because the bouncers think it's not you on the card.

(actually I know of one girl, who was 20 at the time, got into the club with her own i.d an all and about 10 minutes later the bouncers come in and literally drag her back out the club saying it wasnt her on the i.d....)
  • Options
    I remember the day when someone mentioned drugs to me at 17 freaked me out, haha.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I remember the day when someone mentioned drugs to me at 17 freaked me out, haha.
    Days have changed now tho aye.... I spose i mite just try that passport thing tho! i got a mate whos 19 and aprently we twins so they could work!