Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Next wave of wii's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know when this is likely to be?

I've got two wii games and no wii to play them on :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    rumour is that Game stores are getting deliveries on a daily basis, 1st come 1st served, might be worth checking it out first thing during the week.

also ive heard that some supermarkets have some stock, worth a ring maybe.
    Yeah it seems a lot of places are getting them in but they only seem to get them in numbers less than 5 at a time and they dont last very long (like less than an hour) so unless you're in the right place at the right time you're out of luck. just wondered when they are likely to be easy to get hold of without having to try too hard..
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Apparently some shops are putting them on their website bit by bit. For example, I know that today John Lewis put on quite a few on their website but only something like 10 at a time at various points in the day.

My advice - perseverence.
    I want one :(. And i'm not a big console fan... so that's odd :P
    i know of a couple of people who have had one since launch and they've admitted its become a bit boring already, as has been said so far they are more of a party console at the moment, there aint any outstanding single player games (except zelda), i think ive decided to wait a few months before deciding to plunge for one, still got my 360 which gets played more or less everyday so not that tempted right now.
    I LOVE my Wii :love: - i think its completely different to other consoles, and it definately has longevity to it. Playing in this new way really puts you in the game, and gets you up and moving (especially Wii Sports, I was so sore after tennis). It's even better seeing as you can play as yourself by creating a Mii (which can look scarily accurate). The sight of seeing you finally knock your big brother out on Wii Sports-boxing, is like a mastercard 'priceless' moment, and even better as you are so bloody exhausted!

From a game play point of view, I dont really think the novelty will wear off because you physically put so much effort into it rather than just button bashing, it makes the game that much more exciting. For example Zelda: Twilight Princess. By actually doing sword actions to kill a boss, you in turn feel just as tired as Link looks when you've beat the boss.
    Also being backwards compatible, you can use the old controllers if you do find that you prefer them and use it to play old classic games such as Mario 64 ect.

The actual console itself if aethestically pleasing, just a small white box in the corner with the occasional glow of the blue led lights. Once all the kinks are worked out, it's going to be even better I love it!:heart:
    I wouldn't say the Wii is boring, that's far more dependant on the software. Given that the thing is just out, I can't really comment on the longevity yet.

It is a party console though. I'm sure that there will be some killer single player games soon but, at this point, the Wii is about multiplayer motion sensing mini-game japes. We'll see what happens over the next 6-12 months.

I enjoyed Zelda. But that was inspite of the controls, rather than the motion sensing adding much to the game. Aiming the bow etc was a lot faster...but my fucking god, the camera control was horrendous and the the sword fighting more frustrating than immersive. I wish there was a way to use the gamecube controller instead (aside from buying the gamecube version, obviously....)

The Wii is great. But there's no way that it'd be my only console. But it's not intended to be, not for folk like me.

So basically, your mileage may vary.