Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dealing with a shy person on a date??? urgent, advice needed for tonight!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is true. Then make you think you're the one that "brought him out of his shell."

whoa, you never complete training I guess... Never came across of that.

I was about to disagree with Moonrat, because you can't really describe it as "work". I mean wtf? Like it's usual for the man to "make the work" and it's OMGHORRIBLE, if the girl has to do that *gasp*.
    And if you got it (the guts) you'll use them too! to improve the chances to success.

but if a sophisticated bloke like iws is at one with MR, then.... hmmm...

*ponders*
    well i figure shy or not, if he likes me+wants to see me again he has my number+msn, so its not like he has to ask me out again face to face, but ive done the chasing so far and arranged the date, its up to him now to show me if he likes me or not!
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Aww, has a man never pretended to be shy to get in your pants? :p Do you feel left out?
    well i figure shy or not, if he likes me+wants to see me again he has my number+msn, so its not like he has to ask me out again face to face, but ive done the chasing so far and arranged the date, its up to him now to show me if he likes me or not!
    Well yeah, but you don't seem to like him that much anyway, so what's the point?

but you know just as good as I do, that you will become desperate and chase him again if he does not seem to take the initiative :D

welcome to my life, I think we should date l+c... that would solve a lot of probs.
    ways to break the ice? make the other person more relaxed and chatty, and less quiet??
    im a bubbly friendly person, even if im shy, il chat away loads+ask questions about the other person....but the guy im seeing tonight is quiet+shy and i dont know how to cope with it!
    advice please!!!
    thank you
    L+C
    Once you really start talking to him you will find this shyness will quickly wear off. Find out his interests then talk about those, he will eventually feel more comfortable in talking.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    but you know just as good as I do, that you will become desperate and chase him again if he does not seem to take the initiative :D

welcome to my life, I think we should date l+c... that would solve a lot of probs.

Damn it, ur right! im not going to though, i really like him, but i need to know if he likes me or not......and theres no other way to find out is there???

Good plan strubbleS, would solve all our probs :D
    L+C
    Damn it, ur right! im not going to though, i really like him, but i need to know if he likes me or not......and theres no other way to find out is there???

Good plan strubbleS, would solve all our probs :D
    L+C

There is... but it's the last instance.

Had to use it recently and failed :o
    what is it?
    Lol sit on his face?
    StrubbleS wrote:

I was about to disagree with Moonrat, because you can't really describe it as "work". I mean wtf? Like it's usual for the man to "make the work" and it's OMGHORRIBLE, if the girl has to do that *gasp*.
    And if you got it (the guts) you'll use them too! to improve the chances to success.

but if a sophisticated bloke like iws is at one with MR, then.... hmmm...

*ponders*
    It's not about making an effort or gender roles (and I was referring to charming women just as much as men), it's about the fact that a lot of "shy" people act in such a way because they like to be chased and lead people on, or because they're lazy.

It's like playing hard to get, but attempting to be all cute and sweet and modest.

But that is my experience.